Fantastic Member

Default Image Comics February 2020 Solicitations

Image in February 2020 brings two new monthly ongoings in On The Stump and Tartarus as well as a quarterly ongoing in The After Realm. Spawn sees an artist change as Philip Tan returns to the series with the start of the Prophecy of Death arc which will delve into Ninja Spawn's origins, Savage Dragon hits #250 and Bitter Root returns.

On The Stump #1
    Each issue of arc one features a connecting variant cover by SANFORD GREENE! The campaign trail is paved with blood and broken bones. History diverged in 1868 when a pivotal presidential debate turned violent. Today, elections are decided by highly publicized hand-to-hand combat in arenas called Stumps. Unfortunately, the violence doesn't end in the ring, and powerful people can still get away with murder. Senator Jack Hammer and FBI Agent Anna Bell Lister are teaming up to bring it all down. Eisner-nominated writer CHUCK BROWN (BITTER ROOT) joins forces with Italian artist PRENZY (#Like4Like) and letterer CLAYTON COWLES to create a hyper-violent tale full of countless injustices—and people who have to fight for their place in it.

Tartarus #1
    A new adventure series with all the sci-fi drama of Breaking Bad set in Mos Eisley! Promising young cadet Tilde is framed for crimes against the empire after discovering her mother was the ruthless warlord of the deadly colony Tartarus, a vital player in the galactic war. Now, Tilde’s only way home may be to reclaim her mother’s dark crown. #1 New York Times bestseller JOHNNIE CHRISTMAS (Alien 3) and artistic phenom JACK T. COLE (The Unsound) kick off this ongoing series with 44 big pages of story!

The After Realm #1
    From Eisner and Harvey Award-winning MICHAEL AVON OEMING, co-creator of Powers and The United States of Murder and writer of Thor: Ragnarok and Red Sonja, comes THE AFTER REALM, a new ongoing extra-length quarterly! In the aftermath of Ragnarok, Oona, an elven ranger, sets out into the post-apocalyptic chaos to discover the fate of the old gods. But first, she must fulfill an oath to a lost friend that could doom what’s left of the Nine Realms.

https://imagecomics.com/solicitation...-february-2020

I'll be pulling:

Bitter Root #6
    Gideon Falls #21
    Manifest Destiny #41
    Monstress #26
    Spawn #306
    Tartarus #1 - maybe depending on reviews as I enjoyed Christmas' work on Sheltered which he was the artist on that
    Undiscovered Country #4

What will you be pulling?

I'll be finishing up Outcast.

I may be reading Killadelphia. Depending on the first issue.

So, Maaaaaaaybe two books. Maybe. None of the other books I read from Image are in this month.

Astonishing Member

What about 7 to Eternity? Is it canceled? One of my faves...

What about Saga? The Hiatus should be long over...

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    What about 7 to Eternity? Is it canceled? One of my faves...

What about Saga? The Hiatus should be long over...
    Seven To Eternity will end with issue #17 (four collections if you read in paperbacks). See this CBR interview.

Regarding Saga, the short answer is we don't really know. Fiona Staples hasn't posted on Twitter and Tumblr for at least a year. Brian K. Vaughan meanwhile just wrapped up Paper Girls this year, and likely has some sort of role in the production for the Y: The Last Man television adaptation for FX. That said, in April he confirmed Saga is planned to run for another 54 issues in this Entertainment Weekly interview.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Astonishing Member

7 to Eternity ended?

My pull list stopped with issue 13...I always thought it's delayed. WTF...I have to call my dealer for that.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Deeply saddened to report that, for the first time in YEARS, I'm not pre-ordering -any- Image titles.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    7 to Eternity ended?

My pull list stopped with issue 13...I always thought it's delayed. WTF...I have to call my dealer for that.
    14 onward havent been solicited ... it will end at 17 but still 4 issues to come.

Sonata has been mostly good. It has weird moments that I don’t understand their purpose in the book but overall it’s a cool story. What is mostly holding me back from loving the story more is that it seems to be opening up more plots than it is resolving. So it feels like it doesn’t have strongly defined arcs.

Family Tree 1 and 2 were promising. I’ll read the first arc for sure.

There seems buzz around Tartarus but the solicit copy isn’t turning my crank at all.

After Realm is a cool concept. I like the idea of quarterlies. Better for cash flow.

Man I regret missing the boat on Marked. Should have jumped on that from the start.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith