Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 478
  1. #16
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    718

    Default

    We all know he's never wearing tights... But if he has a surprise scene wearing some N52 t-shirt and jeans, it'd suit him perfectly and be neat to see.

  2. #17
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    The big lesson Welling learned in the Smallville finale was that he had to accept both his past and his future. So having him retired would definitely be out of character, and he had powers and was still in Metropolis in the 2018 flash forward. They have also acknowledged Season 11 is canon, so this Clark & Lois have dealt with Monitors & their own Crisis before. I suppose it’s possible and would give them the out not to use him extensively in it. But it’d be disappointing if that’s the way they go.

    I do think the “one scene” thing might be misdirection and they are keeping a lot more under wrap. One day filming maybe. Erica Durrance apparently filmed more. She’s also appearing as Alura in the Supergirl hour as well and I thought her announcement mentioned more appearances across the crossover. .

    I don’t think Routh’s Superman will be “killed” permanently. I think he’ll make a sacrifice play to give Hoechlin’s the life he couldn’t have and seemingly die. But I would be shocked if Routh doesn’t end up in a version of the paradise dimension with Lois and his son. They aren’t going to kill off the Reeve/Routh Superman.

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    We all know he's never wearing tights... But if he has a surprise scene wearing some N52 t-shirt and jeans, it'd suit him perfectly and be neat to see.
    Nah! I don't think it will suit this guy. I would rather him wear the smallville jacket. This guy is more of a biker than gym enthusiast.

    Granted it was ott.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    4,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I highly suspect we will learn that SMALLVILLE Clark has lost his powers permanently ( perhaps in the aftermath of some final confrontation with Lex that may explain his absence) and is living a simple life on the farm with Lois. Maybe they establish that at some point he encountered Routh's Superman and they had an unseen team up,which makes me sad they never thought of doing that on one of the Season 10 Episodes of Smallville. It would make sense if he's like "Sorry,I'd like to help you,but I can't...but I can tell you where to find another me that can help you guys."
    It's been a while since I watched the last episode but wasn't Lex supposed to run for president in 2020? The last episode supposedly takes place that year. So he couldn't have lost his powers without changing the last season. Not that I don't think Welling would do this but it seems like a cheat to the fans of the show.
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  5. #20
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Planet Houston
    Posts
    5,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's been a while since I watched the last episode but wasn't Lex supposed to run for president in 2020? The last episode supposedly takes place that year. So he couldn't have lost his powers without changing the last season. Not that I don't think Welling would do this but it seems like a cheat to the fans of the show.
    If I remember correctly it was 2018. I think it stuck out for me that Lex had become president during an unusual year. If they stick to that,it's possible Lex was president for about a year and a half until events similar to the comics President Lex story line played out ending in Lex going off the deep end and some cataclysmic clash of Lex vs. Clark that left Lex out of the picture (incapacitated, incarcerated or even dead) and Clark losing his powers, "killing" Superman and now he's living a normal life.

    Or it could just be Welling and co. are holding back and he will be Superman in CRISIS alongside Routh and Hoechlin and they are keeping it quiet.

    I'd prefer the later to the former,but I'd prefer both to the possibility Smallville Earth is one of the first casualties along with that Clark and Lois. I would be fine if Smallville Clark was still fighting the good fight or retired to have a happy ending with Lois,but I would be greatly disappointed if he and Lois die in this.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

  6. #21
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Actually, that's a life smallville clark would have no problems with. The reason he went to 'big city' to make a name for himself is.
    1)lois lane.
    2)him wanting to move on.(he even tried to take it to the extreme.he basically wanted to cut ties with his past and smallville in the last season. But, began to realise its importance)
    Sure, he like to write.but, Staying in the farm and being a farmer is second nature to this guy. There isn't an episode in Smallville where clark wasn't working on something on the farm.
    That was because the show was called SMALLVILLE and it wanted to continue on as a series. It had to keep the same setting. The downside of being a pretty popular show is it's unwillingness to end. Everything stated in the series showed a desire on Clark's part to "find his way" though, not just be a farmer and stay in Kansas.

  7. #22
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    838

    Default


    Baby superboy is adorable.
    Quick look at Welling as Clark. Makes me think his screen time is at least a little more than the rumors.
    While I’ve always liked the actor, I kinda consider Routh my least favorite of the Supermen (More by association with Superman returns than his performance), but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s about to change.
    As for his and Welling’s fate, I wouldn’t be surprised if Oliver’s sacrifice brings back all the erased worlds. We already know Black Lightning’s earth gets destroyed and I doubt anyone expects that to last.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-24-2019 at 03:47 PM.

  8. #23
    Super Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Where you least expect
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The big lesson Welling learned in the Smallville finale was that he had to accept both his past and his future. So having him retired would definitely be out of character, and he had powers and was still in Metropolis in the 2018 flash forward. They have also acknowledged Season 11 is canon, so this Clark & Lois have dealt with Monitors & their own Crisis before. I suppose it’s possible and would give them the out not to use him extensively in it. But it’d be disappointing if that’s the way they go.

    I do think the “one scene” thing might be misdirection and they are keeping a lot more under wrap. One day filming maybe. Erica Durrance apparently filmed more. She’s also appearing as Alura in the Supergirl hour as well and I thought her announcement mentioned more appearances across the crossover. .

    I don’t think Routh’s Superman will be “killed” permanently. I think he’ll make a sacrifice play to give Hoechlin’s the life he couldn’t have and seemingly die. But I would be shocked if Routh doesn’t end up in a version of the paradise dimension with Lois and his son. They aren’t going to kill off the Reeve/Routh Superman.
    I don't know about them not killing Routh Superman. Nothing says they can't. And for this event the stakes should be high, putting everyone who isn't a main character at risk, you can't not have causualities. And Routh's Supes, is a candidate. At the end of the day this is likely the last we'll ever see of this Superman, and we all know characters don't live forever, there's a point where they do die. So seeing that with this Superman would be emotional and have a deep impact. And what would be a better ending for a character that's not likely to show up again than to have them go out, saving everyone and everything, especially considering this is him after the events of KC. It's something they can definitely do.

  9. #24
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Planet Houston
    Posts
    5,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I don't know about them not killing Routh Superman. Nothing says they can't. And for this event the stakes should be high, putting everyone who isn't a main character at risk, you can't not have causualities. And Routh's Supes, is a candidate. At the end of the day this is likely the last we'll ever see of this Superman, and we all know characters don't live forever, there's a point where they do die. So seeing that with this Superman would be emotional and have a deep impact. And what would be a better ending for a character that's not likely to show up again than to have them go out, saving everyone and everything, especially considering this is him after the events of KC. It's something they can definitely do.
    Seeing how Endgame had Marvel's Godfather Tony Stark make the suicide play,it's fitting Routh Superman,who had been confirmed as Guggenheim as being the Reeve Superman from the 1978 Superman film, arguably the character which began the DC Comics live action universe as we know it today ,to make the sacrifice play to save his "children".

    I suspect there will be multiple sacrifices. I suspect the Flash that dies is John Weasly shipp's Barry Allen, but CW Barry may be somehow affected by it in terms of power. I suspect Oliver to make some sort of sacrifice. We are led to believe he dies, but the Arrow season 7 finale hints it's not all cut and dry in that regard.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That was because the show was called SMALLVILLE and it wanted to continue on as a series. It had to keep the same setting. The downside of being a pretty popular show is it's unwillingness to end. Everything stated in the series showed a desire on Clark's part to "find his way" though, not just be a farmer and stay in Kansas.
    Regardless, of outside reasons in show story characterisation is what matters. This guy has been written to be unique variation of superman with his own attributes. Just like how postcrisis guy, goldenage guy and silverage guy aren't the same characters .
    That's not the only reason. The guy isn't characterised as a dreamer who wants to go to the big city to do big things. Lois makes a joke about it as well in the 4th season. Lois made clark join the daily planet. He didn't do it himself. He decided to do that because he realised he was stuck in the same place emotionally while the world was moving forward so he decided to join daily planet. Get out of his comfort zone to discover himself . But, then he began to go the other extreme. Only to realise that's feeding his darkness. Now, this clark doesn't exactly need to move on. He has left lana, greif of his father.. Etc behind.he is perfectly at ease with himself.so, he goes back to something he is instinctively drawn to farming. This is'nt precrisis clark. even though, he does take bits from precrisis like the whole clumsy routine and creating a different identity entirely. Even that's different,clark hates both the costumes. The Superman one and clark kent one. He hates playing the idiot and dressing up in costumes with tights, masks.. Etc. He wanted to do the heroics as himself. It wasn't either for glory or vengeance. Again, the only reason he decided to do that is lois lane. Actually, in this show lois lane made the clumsy persona . No,"find his way" means find his way to help people without losing himself. That's it. Jor el was thrusting his destiny nonsense on clark. Clark can't live like that. On top of that, the ai got corrupted.
    Lois is the imaginative dreamer in the show. Not clark. Clark starts dreaming because lois rubs off on her. The reverse happens as well lois was less stable sceptical and more unsure of herself.

  11. #26
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

    Baby superboy is adorable.
    Quick look at Welling as Clark. Makes me think his screen time is at least a little more than the rumors.
    While I’ve always liked the actor, I kinda consider Routh my least favorite of the Supermen (More by association with Superman returns than his performance), but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s about to change.
    As for his and Welling’s fate, I wouldn’t be surprised if Oliver’s sacrifice brings back all the erased worlds. We already know Black Lightning’s earth gets destroyed and I doubt anyone expects that to last.
    It'll be pretty gutsy, but I really think they might merge the Earths. We see Iris being killed in the promo and Earth 1 looks like it's being destroyed as well. The end result might be a recreated Earth Prime that merges the Earths of the main shows into one. That could be the big cliffhanger at the end of the Part 3, leading into to the winter hiatus. That's the basic storytelling structure of the comic too.

    Really, Flash is the only one that's used the multiverse to any real extent. So I'm not sure they'd be giving up much. Early Arrow and Flash definitely benefited from casual crossovers storytelling wise without everything having to be a Crisis. Plus, if they merge them this year, they can set up a Infinite Crisis recreation of the Multiverse in a few years.

  12. #27
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It'll be pretty gutsy, but I really think they might merge the Earths. We see Iris being killed in the promo and Earth 1 looks like it's being destroyed as well. The end result might be a recreated Earth Prime that merges the Earths of the main shows into one. That could be the big cliffhanger at the end of the Part 3, leading into to the winter hiatus. That's the basic storytelling structure of the comic too.

    Really, Flash is the only one that's used the multiverse to any real extent. So I'm not sure they'd be giving up much. Early Arrow and Flash definitely benefited from casual crossovers storytelling wise without everything having to be a Crisis. Plus, if they merge them this year, they can set up a Infinite Crisis recreation of the Multiverse in a few years.
    I don't think it would be a proper Crisis adaption if they didn't merge the Earths.

  13. #28
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Planet Houston
    Posts
    5,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it would be a proper Crisis adaption if they didn't merge the Earths.
    I kinda wonder if as a result of the Earths merging if aspects of those histories of other incarnations get folded into the new earth with Crisis ala the comics. I mean,they've already had Donner references with Hoechlin's Supes (they mentioned the Lex/Earthquake/California stuff from the first Donner film) and even some SMALLVILLE references (an aluded past friendship between Lex and Superman when both were younger,the meantioning of an old friend of Clark's called Chloe Sullivan,Lionel Luthor and of course the Kent farm being the same Kent farm from the show).

    Yeah,they were Easter eggs and not one to one connections to those incarnations,but it's possible with the collapsing of reality to one earth and timeline that Hoechlin's Superman will be an amalgamation of sorts going into his new series. They likely won't make a meal out of it, but it's not too crazy to think the approach to the new show is that this new Superman has lived and had most of the Adventures you've seen on the big screen and on TV in his past and now he and Lois are living this new life as parents and having new adventures. If reality gets re-ordered it also may explain Jon going from a baby to an adolescent. Superman will likely be the first Major hero of the New CW earth history with Batman following quickly thereafter,with Barry and Oliver being next a decade or so later and Supergirl being the newest hero. That way they won't have to shake up the Arrow,Flash and Supergirl shows continuity too drastically,the only major changes is that everyone will remember now that Superman was always around in the Arrowverse (meaning he crossed paths with Barry and Oliver in the past) and Kara and national City were always on the main earth .
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-25-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

  14. #29
    All about DC. DCStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK, just outside London.
    Posts
    233

    Default

    As a Superman nut - I cannot wait for this.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

  15. #30
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I kinda wonder if as a result of the Earths merging if aspects of those histories of other incarnations get folded into the new earth with Crisis ala the comics. I mean,they've already had Donner references with Hoechlin's Supes (they mentioned the Lex/Earthquake/California stuff from the first Donner film) and even some SMALLVILLE references (an aluded past friendship between Lex and Superman when both were younger,the meantioning of an old friend of Clark's called Chloe Sullivan,Lionel Luthor and of course the Kent farm being the same Kent farm from the show).

    Yeah,they were Easter eggs and not one to one connections to those incarnations,but it's possible with the collapsing of reality to one earth and timeline that Hoechlin's Superman will be an amalgamation of sorts going into his new series. They likely won't make a meal out of it, but it's not too crazy to think the approach to the new show is that this new Superman has lived and had most of the Adventures you've seen on the big screen and on TV in his past and now he and Lois are living this new life as parents and having new adventures. If reality gets re-ordered it also may explain Jon going from a baby to an adolescent. Superman will likely be the first Major hero of the New CW earth history with Batman following quickly thereafter,with Barry and Oliver being next a decade or so later and Supergirl being the newest hero. That way they won't have to shake up the Arrow,Flash and Supergirl shows continuity too drastically,the only major changes is that everyone will remember now that Superman was always around in the Arrowverse (meaning he crossed paths with Barry and Oliver in the past) and Kara and national City were always on the main earth .
    Maybe after the Crisis is finished, CW will release a mini episode where Harbinger explains the new timeline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •