Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Cryer's Lex is rumored to becoming President but not of the USA. spoilers:
    D.E.O.'s president
    end of spoilers

As for Routh, he is supposed to have a cameo in the finale.

We'll see soon.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    D.E.O.'s president
    end of spoilers

We'll see soon.
    Is Welling going to have a cameo?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is Welling going to have a cameo?
    Probably not. I haven't read anything about him being in the Crisis finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Right here, and they most likely will. While Batman '66, BoP and Smallville are done, Titans is still going and they technically nuked it so that'd be unfortunate. The same goes for just about every live-action incarnation of DC's characters we've ever seen. Sad enough Jim Corrigan showed up to give Oliver the keys to the Spectre. :/
    I think the only Earths that will "merge" are the ones that are currently airing on the CW (Supergirl, Black Lighting, etc) but I think they will restore the fan-favorite Earths.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Right here, and they most likely will. While Batman '66, BoP and Smallville are done, Titans is still going and they technically nuked it so that'd be unfortunate. The same goes for just about every live-action incarnation of DC's characters we've ever seen. Sad enough Jim Corrigan showed up to give Oliver the keys to the Spectre. :/
    That was my thinking. They aren't going to kill off the universe of an ongoing show on another streaming service. There's also a lot of people who paid good money for said service who probably don't have a high opinion of the CW in general and would riot over the universe they paid good money for being killed offscreen. It's not going to happen. The only other argument here is that these aren't the "official" universes of those shows but stand ins. In which case, it doesn't matter what happens to them.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The only other argument here is that these aren't the "official" universes of those shows but stand ins. In which case, it doesn't matter what happens to them.
    Haven't they more or less confirmed this to be the case with Routh's Superman and Smallville, to the extent that it's "a" Smallville and a version of Superman that's close to Reeves and Routh's, not necessarily the exact ones?

Even if they do say that only one Earth exists now, it's not like that matters for the other shows, in the same way it didn't really matter for comics. They are just "out of continuity" officially now, which everyone assumed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Haven't they more or less confirmed this to be the case with Routh's Superman and Smallville, to the extent that it's "a" Smallville and a version of Superman that's close to Reeves and Routh's, not necessarily the exact ones?

Even if they do say that only one Earth exists now, it's not like that matters for the other shows, in the same way it didn't really matter for comics. They are just "out of continuity" officially now, which everyone assumed anyways.
    IDK that they've confirmed it but it wouldn't break my heart if this wasn't the official Smallville-verse. I didn't like the idea of him retiring after only a decade. And Routh's Superman is clearly meant to be a composite character. So make of that what you will. I doubt he's the "official" Donner Superman.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    D.E.O.'s president
    end of spoilers

We'll see soon.
    Let's hope he is not brought back to become another cheerleader for Supergirl...

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    IDK that they've confirmed it but it wouldn't break my heart if this wasn't the official Smallville-verse. I didn't like the idea of him retiring after only a decade. And Routh's Superman is clearly meant to be a composite character. So make of that what you will. I doubt he's the "official" Donner Superman.

Routh is whatever you want him to be. To many of us, he is as official as it gets to the Donner Superman. Watching Superman Returns, his son Jason, the Williams score is plenty proof to support it.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/01/14/...is-arrowverse/

We're just hours away from the conclusion of the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover, which is expected to completely change the landscape of The CW's Arrowverse as we know it. Even before the final two episodes have aired, the network has announced a major new development with regards to the Arrowverse's future. The network has given a series pickup to Superman & Lois, an upcoming live-action series which will see Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch reprise their roles as the iconic couple. This was announced alongside a reboot of Walker, Texas Ranger, which will star Supernatural alum Jared Padalecki.
    Superman and Lois was picked up for a full series order already. So whatever the outcome, CW is moving ahead with that. Good news to me, I've always liked Hoechlin's Superman and love Tulloch's Lois.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/01/14/...is-arrowverse/

Superman and Lois was picked up for a full series order already. So whatever the outcome, CW is moving ahead with that. Good news to me, I've always liked Hoechlin's Superman and love Tulloch's Lois.
    Great news. They are obviously confident in the premise (which isn’t surprising given Superman’s successful history on TV) and are happy with the scripts so far and just want to move forward.

I’m sure there is going to be a lot of whining about how “oh it should have been a Kingdom Come Brandon Routh Show” but, frankly, that was and is absolutely ridiculous. I love Routh and I would have been thrilled if he was cast as Superman on Supergirl back in 2016 but he wasn’t. And, in that time, he’s become very popular to a new group of fans as Ray Palmer. He was and is a fantastic Superman but the Superman he played during his time on crisis wasn’t a ::character::—he was a cipher. He stood around and gave speeches about hope and they were lovely but....he was a cipher. There was no exploration of conflict. No real depth. I love him but the truth is that if he was truly playing Superman in any long form project he would absolutely show weakness and struggle and do all the things people like to criticize Superman for doing too. He was easy to love because he didn’t actually ::do::anything and I say that as someone who loves him. He got a raw deal in Superman Returns and I would love to see him show up as an AU Superman again but he’s had a lot of great years as Ray Palmer and it’s ok to let someone else have a turn now and a chance.

The bottom line is that Superman and Lois is a fresh chance for WB with Superman with a premise that they already know works (sorry Lois haters but it’s the truth) but with the added twist that now they are parents so it’s fresh. They get to appeal to multiple demos at once —something the CW loves to do with their more multigenerational family shows like Black Lightening.

They were never going to greenlight a Superman show where Lois Lane and the entire rest of his supporting cast was dead over a show where a woman is the co-star. WB is sexist as hell but even they aren’t that stupid, guys.

Now, on to the questions? Who is playing Jon? Who is this other kid? (Damien? Chris? Another son?)

Is this the first superhero show to co-star a man and a woman as headliners since Lois and Clark? Someone help me out here? I can’t recall?

Tyler Hoechlin is a good Superman who could be great with writing catered to HIM and not propping up Supergirl and he deserves a better suit. Can we campaign to get him one? Elizabeth Tulloch is a cool woman and I like her a lot as Lois Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Great news. They are obviously confident in the premise (which isn’t surprising given Superman’s successful history on TV) and are happy with the scripts so far and just want to move forward.

I’m sure there is going to be a lot of whining about how “oh it should have been a Kingdom Come Brandon Routh Show” but, frankly, that was and is absolutely ridiculous. I love Routh and I would have been thrilled if he was cast as Superman on Supergirl back in 2016 but he wasn’t. And, in that time, he’s become very popular to a new group of fans as Ray Palmer. He was and is a fantastic Superman but the Superman he played during his time on crisis wasn’t a ::character::—he was a cipher. He stood around and gave speeches about hope and they were lovely but....he was a cipher. There was no exploration of conflict. No real depth. I love him but the truth is that if he was truly playing Superman in any long form project he would absolutely show weakness and struggle and do all the things people like to criticize Superman for doing too. He was easy to love because he didn’t actually ::do::anything and I say that as someone who loves him. He got a raw deal in Superman Returns and I would love to see him show up as an AU Superman again but he’s had a lot of great years as Ray Palmer and it’s ok to let someone else have a turn now and a chance.

The bottom line is that Superman and Lois is a fresh chance for WB with Superman with a premise that they already know works (sorry Lois haters but it’s the truth) but with the added twist that now they are parents so it’s fresh. They get to appeal to multiple demos at once —something the CW loves to do with their more multigenerational family shows like Black Lightening.

They were never going to greenlight a Superman show where Lois Lane and the entire rest of his supporting cast was dead over a show where a woman is the co-star. WB is sexist as hell but even they aren’t that stupid, guys.

Now, on to the questions? Who is playing Jon? Who is this other kid? (Damien? Chris? Another son?)

Is this the first superhero show to co-star a man and a woman as headliners since Lois and Clark? Someone help me out here? I can’t recall?

Tyler Hoechlin is a good Superman who could be great with writing catered to HIM and not propping up Supergirl and he deserves a better suit. Can we campaign to get him one? Elizabeth Tulloch is a cool woman and I like her a lot as Lois Lane.
    I disagree that Routh's Superman in the crossover was a cipher. I think they did a great job of presenting him as a well-established and defined character in what limited screen-time they gave him, but that's the exact issue, that he really just didn't get very much to do in the crossover past his introduction. Which I think is a bit of a failure on the writer's part.

I think there is definitely stories to tell with Routh's Superman as much as there is with Hoechlin's.

They were never going to make a Routh Superman show. The whole point of the character was that he was supposed to be a one off stand in for the E-2 Superman. I don't know where anyone gets this idea that they were just going to ditch the one they already have for his. Talk about fan entitlement.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I disagree that Routh's Superman in the crossover was a cipher. I think they did a great job of presenting him as a well-established and defined character in what limited screen-time they gave him, but that's the exact issue, that he really just didn't get very much to do in the crossover past his introduction. Which I think is a bit of a failure on the writer's part.

I think there is definitely stories to tell with Routh's Superman as much as there is with Hoechlin's.
    To the extent he’s not just Donner Superman or Singer Superman or Kingdom Come, he’s ALSO Earth-2 Superman’s stand-in here.

I actually hope they consider — not next year but maybe after that — doing an Infinite Crisis story where he comes back and believes the merged earth is corrupted.

I wouldn’t want a beat for beat IC retread but maybe take the basics of that, have other CW shows optionally tie-in, maybe take the chance to let Hoechlin double up as Ultraman, pull in Calvin Ellis, elements of Tomasi and Gleason’s Superversity or Multiversity or Final Crisis.

Maybe set it up more as 4 episodes of S&L that run 2 per night for 2 nights with cameos by other CW characters. The extra 2 weeks you burn off a couple of weeks to have other shows do two parters in one night or maybe give a couple of characters 2 hour specials of sorts like maybe an Elongated Man TV movie that airs one night (syndicated as a Flash 2 parter) and maybe a Legion or Spectre/Constantine TV movie.

So instead of the shuffling be for a crossover per se, maybe S&L takes a longer fall break, you get a couple of “TV movies” in the other series and just before Christmas you have a 2 night 4 hour event where Routh gets equal billing. Similar to a crossover in terms of shooting schedule but with shows taking turns doing their own big stories that don’t have to sync with one another.

Incredible Member

Another wild thought:

Do Superman/Batman: Public Enemies adapted across Supergirl, Superman, and Batwoman.

Superman and Batwoman teamup in part 1, Batwoman.

Superman gets shot by Metallo and the two fight their way to the Batcave.

In part 2, we get the hunt for Superman and Batwoman with a DEO team of heroes. They storm Lex’s HQ disguised as other heroes.

In part 3, we get Supergirl and Batwoman vs. Lex. Superman and the DEO team take the meteor.

And you do some extra weird, extra comic book-y stuff like have Routh show up and take the role of the Future Superman in the KC costume from the comic. The animated movie cut that subplot and he wouldn’t strictly be FUTURE Superman. But he gets a prominent cameo and you use that to setup him coming back.

I’d really try to get some of those crazy visual beats in. Two heroes disguised as other heroes, a wounded Superman and Batwoman in the sewers, Luke with a shotgun in place of Alfred, Lex smooching Waller and pumping up on K Venom, Superman and Batwoman vs Grodd.

You could loop in Black Lightning as head of the task force in more or less a guest role.