Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Yup, his powers seemed to be growing more and more and even Jor-El said so in his ideal of hope speech.
    No,jor el said "You've grown stronger here than I ever could've imagined. The only way to know how strong, is to keep testing your limits."
    that doesn't anywhere imply that superman's powers are because of just sun dipping.Infact,it implies that clark has to test his limits to get stronger. like in the old days where he could only leap 1/8th of a mile and progressively got stronger.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

The Walmart Crisis on Infinite Earths two-shot - with original stories cowritten by Wolfman and Guggenheim, with art in the first issue by Tom Derenick on the 24 page main feature and Tom Grummett on the 8-page backup, and assorted reprints making up the rest - will be a direct tie-in to the CW Crisis. Obviously some items of interest on the cover for #1:

Ostensibly this releases 12/15; in reality who knows, I'm still waiting for the last issue of King/Kubert Walmart Superman and might in fact just have to get Up In The Sky #6, and other times I've found issues well ahead of the announced schedule.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 12-05-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The Walmart Crisis on Infinite Earths two-shot - with original stories cowritten by Wolfman and Guggenheim, with art in the first issue by Tom Derenick on the 24 page main feature and Tom Grummett on the 8-page backup, and assorted reprints making up the rest - will be a direct tie-in to the CW Crisis. Obviously some items of interest on the cover for #1:

Ostensibly this releases 12/15; in reality who knows, I'm still waiting for the last issue of King/Kubert Walmart Superman and might in fact just have to get Up In The Sky #6, and other times I've found issues well ahead of the announced schedule.
    I am TOTALLY getting this!
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

This Hoechlinman guy couldn't stop a pack of cats from getting at a plate of tuna fish. He's pathetic. Like imagine if Siegel and Shuster just wrote Superman constantly taking a series of L's throughout his early years.

What a joke. I'm trying not to trash this guy before his series comes out but this is getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by The World; 12-05-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Is Hoechlin what people thought of DCAU Supes during the first season of Justice League ?

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    This Hoechlinman guy couldn't stop a pack of cats from getting at a plate of tuna fish. He's pathetic. Like imagine if Siegel and Shuster just wrote Superman constantly taking a series of L's throughout his early years.

What a joke. I'm trying not to trash this guy before his series comes out but this is getting ridiculous.
    He's a dead ringer for New 52 Supes, so I'm not sure why everyone is so down on him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He's a dead ringer for New 52 Supes, so I'm not sure why everyone is so down on him.
    Any weak Superman is unacceptable.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

More than a little wild that this Superman thread has turned into a thread of folks fantasizing about Superman getting beaten up because he's a weakling for not dominating the proceedings enough in other characters' shows. Additionally, always been a little baffled by complaints about Hoechlin as too short or skinny to look the part - his suit isn't good and that's probably not helping, but unless he's gonna be built like a brick wall ala Boring/Quitely (or George Reeves, relatively speaking) I prefer a somewhat more average or even a bit lanky but clearly very in-shape Superman to the sort of Greek God physique Cavill's packing, since it sells the disconnect between his human stature and what he's actually physically capable of.
    Buh-bye

More than a little wild that this Superman thread has turned into a thread of folks fantasizing about Superman getting beaten up because he's a weakling for not dominating the proceedings enough in other characters' shows. Additionally, always been a little baffled by complaints about Hoechlin as too short or skinny to look the part - his suit isn't good and that's probably not helping, but unless he's gonna be built like a brick wall ala Boring/Quitely (or George Reeves, relatively speaking) I prefer a somewhat more average or even a bit lanky but clearly very in-shape Superman to the sort of Greek God physique Cavill's packing, since it sells the disconnect between his human stature and what he's actually physically capable of.
    I don't get it either. His suit is bad, there's no question about that at all, but he looks like the New 52 Superman to me. Aside from one or two scenes on Supergirl, these complaints about him seem weirdly blown out of proportion. When it came down to it, he's the only one who could wield the Book of Destiny last season which says a lot about how they see him relative to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Hoechlin what people thought of DCAU Supes during the first season of Justice League ?
    Just gave me PTSD, haha. To imagine that S1 Supes could be supplanted as the biggest jobber Superman rendition is scary.

I don't get it either. His suit is bad, there's no question about that at all, but he looks like the New 52 Superman to me. Aside from one or two scenes on Supergirl, these complaints about him seem weirdly blown out of proportion. When it came down to it, he's the only one who could wield the Book of Destiny last season which says a lot about how they see him relative to the show.
    He was the only one who even knew what it was, and he was the one who used it to repair reality, the others just bat clean-up afterwards! After one-shotting Amozo when it had super-strength along with the powers of two of Flash's main cast members before it started absorbing more! Yes, he talks a lot about how great his cousin is because of course Superman would do that, but I promise he is also clearly extremely strong in here.
    Buh-bye

That mix of comic art combined with CW-inspired art is kind of screwing with my head.

I hope they give Hoechlin a new costume for his show. At least fix the cape.

Every costume on in the Arrowverse has evolved season to season almost. I'd be shocked if we don't get a new version for this.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Has Hoechlin’s superman won a single fight? Routh should be getting the new show. Have him be a father and stuff.
    Superman beat a Daxamite in the Supergirl season 2 finale.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Gotta wonder why he didn’t just turn the earth around backwards a few times after the Daily Planet got attacked.
    Or use his Legion ring in the Fortress of Solitude to go into space and find a disruption to go back in time like Supergirl did in the season 3 finale, taking the Legion ring off of Mon-El's corpse so she could fly into space.

Every costume on in the Arrowverse has evolved season to season almost. I'd be shocked if we don't get a new version for this.
    Even Supergirl got a new costume finally. Ironically now her costume has the clamps for the cape too. I think this is for practical reasons. Apparently Superman's cape was detachable
    because I saw some pictures of Tyler without the cape but there was the shoulder straps. While Melissa had to wear a corset with the cape attached. I guess with the clamps now this
    way she can easily take off the cape. So I would guess Tyler is going to be keeping the clamps.