Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Routh Supes' rumor originated from Ryan Unicomb: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7cS4uXl9Jh/

"I have heard this twice now in too close a fashion for it to be a false lead, so I’m willing to put this out there. Due to an overwhelmingly positive response to his brief appearance in the 2019/20 CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS crossover event; actor Brandon Routh, Producer Greg Berlanti & a small collection of creatives originally involved in 2006’s “Superman Returns” have met with WarnerBros over the last few days to discuss the potential of a Post Crisis SUPERMAN limited series for The CW or the more likely option, HBOmax. The outing would see Routh return as the titular character and reunite him with “established characters in Superman lore”. This would be developed alongside the recently announced straight to series SUPERMAN & LOIS, also Produced by Greg Berlanti."

It would be ridiculous if Superman Returns gets a sort of sequel but Man of Steel doesn't. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Routh Supes' rumor originated from Ryan Unicomb: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7cS4uXl9Jh/

"I have heard this twice now in too close a fashion for it to be a false lead, so I’m willing to put this out there. Due to an overwhelmingly positive response to his brief appearance in the 2019/20 CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS crossover event; actor Brandon Routh, Producer Greg Berlanti & a small collection of creatives originally involved in 2006’s “Superman Returns” have met with WarnerBros over the last few days to discuss the potential of a Post Crisis SUPERMAN limited series for The CW or the more likely option, HBOmax. The outing would see Routh return as the titular character and reunite him with “established characters in Superman lore”. This would be developed alongside the recently announced straight to series SUPERMAN & LOIS, also Produced by Greg Berlanti."

It would be ridiculous if Superman Returns gets a sort of sequel but Man of Steel doesn't. ��

BvS and JL are the sort of sequel, no?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    BvS and JL are the sort of sequel, no?
    Maybe BvS but not JL. It's not a Superman movie.

Maybe BvS but not JL. It's not a Superman movie.
    no, but you said "sort of sequel" and his story sort of continues there too.

It would be ridiculous if Superman Returns gets a sort of sequel but Man of Steel doesn't. ��
    I'm down .

"Reunite him with “established characters in Superman lore” Pretty much implies that his supporting cast would be revived in the new Earth-98.

Hey, if Sherlock Holmes can have 2 tv shows at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm down .

"Reunite him with “established characters in Superman lore” Pretty much implies that his supporting cast would be revived in the new Earth-98.
    They have a fantastic actress for Lois in Courtney Ford, it'd be kind of ridiculous to pass on that. With this Superman being Ray's doppelganger, it'd be great if his Lois was Nora Dark's.

Moving away from Kingdom Come entirely and this show has my interest. I have no issues with multiple versions for different markets.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'll believe it when it's more than just an internet rumor. I'd love for Routh Superman to show up on the show once in a while but him outright getting his own series seems a bit much. Don't get me wrong, I hope this is true. But I'm gonna need more than someone's Instagram page to go on before I believe it.
    Assassinate Putin!

It'd be nice if Routh's Superman got a new show to himself. Not that I'll ever stop pulling for my fave Cavill you understand, but I think Routh is also stellar, and he got robbed in Returns, and he pretty much got robbed in Crisis too.

That said, I hope if he gets a show, it doesn't lean to hard into the post-Crisis lore (Did you mean: Every single Superman adaptation since the late 80s?) because we've seen that and a Superman HBO show is capable of so much weirder! Why not go full Silver Age aesthetic like All-Star Superman did and just embrace the giant monsters, bottle cities, time travel, and flying dog? Don't be a coward, WB! You've got so much Post-Crisis material on the market already! You could fill a niche you don't even know exists!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    It'd be nice if Routh's Superman got a new show to himself. Not that I'll ever stop pulling for my fave Cavill you understand, but I think Routh is also stellar, and he got robbed in Returns, and he pretty much got robbed in Crisis too.

That said, I hope if he gets a show, it doesn't lean to hard into the post-Crisis lore (Did you mean: Every single Superman adaptation since the late 80s?) because we've seen that and a Superman HBO show is capable of so much weirder! Why not go full Silver Age aesthetic like All-Star Superman did and just embrace the giant monsters, bottle cities, time travel, and flying dog? Don't be a coward, WB! You've got so much Post-Crisis material on the market already! You could fill a niche you don't even know exists!
    You know, if this is a mini series, doing a straight up adaptation of All Star would be amazing. If you think about it, every issue would probably work as a episode. A lot of those were semi-self contained enough, besides I think the Bizzaro world arc, I think was 2 issues.
    And yeah, I agree Courtney Ford would be a perfect Lois. Especially if you look at her voice work in Fallout 4 where she pretty much already played the character.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-21-2020 at 11:46 AM.

A very close adaptation of All Star Superman with Brandon as a limited series would be amazing. But I don't want to see his wife as Lois at all. I never like that kind of thing. Find another actress that has good chemistry with him.

that said, this sounds too good to be true, but I'd love it if done right.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

The Routh Superman is clearly based on the Donner version which was the prototype to the post-Crisis Superman. No Superboy, an alien looking Krypton, at least one of his parents still alive into his career as Superman, etc. That having been said, there are also so many villains the movies never got to touch. I want to see him take on Brainiac. And the Arrow-verse has already established their take on the character. So it's unlikely that we'll actually get to see the actual big bad version on screen in the show.
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They have a fantastic actress for Lois in Courtney Ford, it'd be kind of ridiculous to pass on that. With this Superman being Ray's doppelganger, it'd be great if his Lois was Nora Dark's.

Moving away from Kingdom Come entirely and this show has my interest. I have no issues with multiple versions for different markets.
    It also helps that Courtney is Routh's wife...his real life Lois Lane!

They could use the crisis storyline as a quick justification to recast Lois ,Perry and Lex. However I'd keep Sam Huntington as his Jimmy. Apparently he and Routh are still tight.

I also agree IF this is true,they don't have to stick to the post-crisis material. Given it still would be presumably set in a version of Donner continuity they could easily adapt a version of All-Star Superman or do something that leans hard into the silver age,and hopefully with a bigger budget than the CW shows.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The Routh Superman is clearly based on the Donner version which was the prototype to the post-Crisis Superman. No Superboy, an alien looking Krypton, at least one of his parents still alive into his career as Superman, etc. That having been said, there are also so many villains the movies never got to touch. I want to see him take on Brainiac. And the Arrow-verse has already established their take on the character. So it's unlikely that we'll actually get to see the actual big bad version on screen in the show.
    There hasn't been an Arrowverse version of the main Brainiac. We have Brainiac 5 and Indigo on Supergirl. The only real version of Brainiac has been on Krypton, which was pretty amazing actually. They should just use that version again.

I'd be down for a Routh show with All-Star/Morrison vibes. Not thrilled with the idea of heavy Donner inspiration though. But, on the other hand it'd probably be sans annoying kids so that's another huge plus. I'd definitely give it a try.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El