Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'll believe it when it's more than just an internet rumor. I'd love for Routh Superman to show up on the show once in a while but him outright getting his own series seems a bit much. Don't get me wrong, I hope this is true. But I'm gonna need more than someone's Instagram page to go on before I believe it.
    The rumors I heard were not a series but a 10 episode miniseries like HBO Watchmen with a definitive ending. So it would run for about 3 months and conclude definitively. Different animal from CW’s 20 episodes a season ongoing show. And HBO is looking for stuff in this vein with Watchmen and GoT over.

EDIT: I think they’d borrow elements and maybe the title from Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow just to go for the HBO Watchmen fan base.

Effectively, have Lois interviewed by a reporter on the 10th anniversary of Superman’s disappearance but when she flashes back, it cuts to the shuttle mission from All-Star. You get the accessible episodic structure. But conclude with the siege on the Fortress from WHTMOT, maybe weave Brainiac in place of Solaris in the episodic chapters. The Superman robots could riff on some of Westworld’s vibe. The middle section of WHTMOT isn’t terribly accessible but the Fortress finale is.

Who would you cast as Lex? I know I’ll take heat for this but I’d go Bill Murray. He has Hackman’s quirkiness and can be as intimidating as Spacey. I really think he’d nail the All-Star bits. The cockiness.

And barring Courtney Ford, I’d go for Zooey Deschanel as Lois. Again, a quirky charm like Kidder but I can see her being fun disbelieving Clark when he admits he’s Superman and bringing a mix of quirkiness and heft. This lady grew up on the set of Twin Peaks and All-Star is basically David Lynch on antidepressants and mushrooms. Like Twin Peaks with the dread replaced with hope.
    Last edited by Patrick Gerard; 01-21-2020 at 04:11 PM.