Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Like that wasn't controversial. He won the zod fight. His objective was to save the world and as much as people he can. He did that.His goal wasn't to. 'not kill zod'.This is Batman's nonsensical game with the joker. That ain't a lose. As batman fight,batman couldn't accomplish his goal to kill superman nor did lex 'to put holes in the holly' . Naturally, superman won the war. He was finally accepted by the people. A guy can loose a match and still look impressive. Sheer dumb luck is also an asset. So, no jobbing. Doomsday always kills superman.it's kind of his thing.superman on the reverse killed him as well. But, superman was the only one who would have woke up. So,doomsday lost. Superman lives.
    in the fight with zod and co elsewhere because zod's target was superman,fight wasn't fare to begin with(3 on He did the smart thing. He realised he cannot beat them like that and he was breaking everything . So he used prep. If batman can do it so superman can as well. Superman ultimately won.
    using kryptonite to win isn't much of a contest. Its like beating up a cripple. I mean, there is a reason why goku would never use it if he wants to kick superman's ass. Even, then supermen both overcame it and accomplished their wants(albeit with help).
    The help only came because two reasons
    1)innate goodness in them
    2)superman inspired them to do so.
    Superman lifted the entire island made of kryptonite threw it into space. He stopped the missiles that was meant to sink east cost. So,guess who won.
    Hoechlin’s superman, fights never did those thing. He cleanly lost. You can say his supergirl fight was something. But, still superman's goal was restraining kara. He failed. Kara on the other hand did. Point blank. End of story. There was the fight with evil black superman.even that one i don't know what was he going for. A straight up punching contest or stalling. If its the former, he lost. Even if its the later, that still doesn't make him look good. He was fighting basically himself. But, he won.
    Regardless, this is clearly 'what about' argument. It doesn't do a thing to change win loss ratio of the character in question nor does it make people like me excited for the character in question. Making character look dominant in fights or coming on top is required for people to stay engaged with him. So, cw creatives needs to start doing that. No more, putting over supergirl or anyone for that matter. The other supermen had won most of their bouts,not that it is relevant.
    My point stands, your excuses for the other Superman’s defeats don’t hold up. So Lex defeating Superman with prep time doesn’t count, but you’re still counting what he did with Zod as a clean win? Defeating Deegan was a group effort but woundn’t have happened if not for Superman’s efforts so by you’re standards from the kryptonite island, wouldn’t that be a win? I mean yeah a group victory but he’s only ever been in team up episodes, so why is that a problem?
    Anyway I don’t want him to win every fight. Where’s the fun in a hero who never loses?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-04-2019 at 10:32 PM.