Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superman in CW’s Crisis on Infinite Earths

I think it’s getting kinda dumb we have separate threads for each Superman going into the crossover. I don’t know how that happened but as it gets closer maybe we should just stick to one.
    Anyway here’s the poster

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

While their placement next to one another is likely inconsequential, I do hope Superman and Constantine are forced to work together and absolutely hate one another, whether here or down the line in a crossover between their respective shows.

Also, that seems to be a picture of Routh we've seen before, so I guess that was him posing for being composited into this.
    Buh-bye

i suspect routh superman to die. I kinda wish the supergirl superman looks cooler and maybe a tease for his new suit for his show. Hoping Tom superman does something cool like save them all in the last minute as he typically does in smallville and maybe wear the suit I waited 10 years for it only to be deny at the end i dont want to be deny again
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I see the Arrow-verse tradition of Supermen not shaving is being carried over into the Smallville universe.
    Assassinate Putin!

I like that Lex is in the poster and Lena isn't.

I'm starting to believe Welling is just a cameo. A fan recently asked him how long he's spent filming, and he said 1 day. Not to mention he,'s not been seen in any of the bts photos, especially the one with the final battle against Anti Monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I'm starting to believe Welling is just a cameo. A fan recently asked him how long he's spent filming, and he said 1 day. Not to mention he,'s not been seen in any of the bts photos, especially the one with the final battle against Anti Monitor.
    He also said he’s under an NDA at a Panel and made a second trip to Vancouver during Filming. He’s likely hiding spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    He also said he’s under an NDA at a Panel and made a second trip to Vancouver during Filming. He’s likely hiding spoilers
    I hope so, it'd be pretty lame of CW and DC to hype up a 1 scene cameo. I would have just rather it have been a surprise.

Incredible Member

We all know he's never wearing tights... But if he has a surprise scene wearing some N52 t-shirt and jeans, it'd suit him perfectly and be neat to see.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    We all know he's never wearing tights... But if he has a surprise scene wearing some N52 t-shirt and jeans, it'd suit him perfectly and be neat to see.
    Nah! I don't think it will suit this guy. I would rather him wear the smallville jacket. This guy is more of a biker than gym enthusiast.

Granted it was ott.

The big lesson Welling learned in the Smallville finale was that he had to accept both his past and his future. So having him retired would definitely be out of character, and he had powers and was still in Metropolis in the 2018 flash forward. They have also acknowledged Season 11 is canon, so this Clark & Lois have dealt with Monitors & their own Crisis before. I suppose it’s possible and would give them the out not to use him extensively in it. But it’d be disappointing if that’s the way they go.

I do think the “one scene” thing might be misdirection and they are keeping a lot more under wrap. One day filming maybe. Erica Durrance apparently filmed more. She’s also appearing as Alura in the Supergirl hour as well and I thought her announcement mentioned more appearances across the crossover. .

I don’t think Routh’s Superman will be “killed” permanently. I think he’ll make a sacrifice play to give Hoechlin’s the life he couldn’t have and seemingly die. But I would be shocked if Routh doesn’t end up in a version of the paradise dimension with Lois and his son. They aren’t going to kill off the Reeve/Routh Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The big lesson Welling learned in the Smallville finale was that he had to accept both his past and his future. So having him retired would definitely be out of character, and he had powers and was still in Metropolis in the 2018 flash forward. They have also acknowledged Season 11 is canon, so this Clark & Lois have dealt with Monitors & their own Crisis before. I suppose it’s possible and would give them the out not to use him extensively in it. But it’d be disappointing if that’s the way they go.

I do think the “one scene” thing might be misdirection and they are keeping a lot more under wrap. One day filming maybe. Erica Durrance apparently filmed more. She’s also appearing as Alura in the Supergirl hour as well and I thought her announcement mentioned more appearances across the crossover. .

I don’t think Routh’s Superman will be “killed” permanently. I think he’ll make a sacrifice play to give Hoechlin’s the life he couldn’t have and seemingly die. But I would be shocked if Routh doesn’t end up in a version of the paradise dimension with Lois and his son. They aren’t going to kill off the Reeve/Routh Superman.
    I don't know about them not killing Routh Superman. Nothing says they can't. And for this event the stakes should be high, putting everyone who isn't a main character at risk, you can't not have causualities. And Routh's Supes, is a candidate. At the end of the day this is likely the last we'll ever see of this Superman, and we all know characters don't live forever, there's a point where they do die. So seeing that with this Superman would be emotional and have a deep impact. And what would be a better ending for a character that's not likely to show up again than to have them go out, saving everyone and everything, especially considering this is him after the events of KC. It's something they can definitely do.

As a Superman nut - I cannot wait for this.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I've seen speculation based on synospis' that they try to recruit him first to join in fighting the Anti-Monitor but he sends them to Routh's Superman instead.