Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Superman beat a Daxamite in the Supergirl season 2 finale.
    What's the name of said daxamite? Nameless fodders with no personality aren't opponents.those are mere devices to show off strength. In this superman's case it doesn't even do that job. If you want a higher pecking order character vs fodders watch madara vs shinobi alliance. That's how you show of strength. Beating a nameless Daxamite is plain pathetic.

Otherwise, Fights need emotional content, opposing viewpoints and goals for the combatants if it is an actual character .

He won 2 fights with 2 Metallos. Armed with kryptonite by the way, so there goes the excuse that kryptonite victories don't count.

Anyway while in both fights he was either assisted by Kara or J'onn, but again, I can't stress this enough, Hoechlin has ONLY been in team up episodes. So it's stupid to expect solo victories before his series starts.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-06-2019 at 01:11 AM.

Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-06-2019 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Fights need emotional content, opposing viewpoints and goals for the combatants if it is an actual character .
    I don't remember the bit with the Daxamite Osiris-Rex is talking about, and you make an interesting point, but i'd figure a fight scene can also work just fine if it's as simple as one character beating up another character. It doesn't always have to be like Naruto where both fighters spend more time explaining each other's sob stories than throwing punches for like 4 episodes before someone finally wins.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-06-2019 at 12:47 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don't remember the bit with the Daxamite Osiris-Rex is talking about, and you make an interesting point, but i'd figure a fight scene can also work just fine if it's as simple as one character beating up another character. It doesn't always have to be like Naruto where both fighters spend more time explaining each other's sob stories than throwing punches for like 4 episodes before someone finally wins.
    I never said, it needs that. Hello, i showed a clip of madara vs fodders, not other fights. This fight had no back stories. And It isn't naruto only thing. It is action a genre thing.heck!it's not even action genre only thing.comedy does these sort of things as well where actions gives out information for the audience. Entire stories can be told with fists. Madara decimates and overwhelms everyone, no backstory of shinobi fodders are given. The reason other bad guy 'sob stories' are given is because its relevant and they are actual characters. Each akatsuki member died in a thematic fashion.when two 'characters' fight, the things i mentioned above are needed, not for fodder fights.

What i said was 'vs fodders' fights are only there for two purposes- to show of strength of the higher pecking order character,in this case superman . It can also be done to overwhelm the character in question with numbers. Eg:-avengers movies. End game had the captain america moment and first avengers movie had hulk smashing through those things. Superman beating up a nameless Daxamite serves no purpose. Does it establish him as a beast? No. Was the fodder count high? No. Did it feel impressive?no.

Also, i never said kryptonite wins/loses don't count. All i said was i don't particularly care for those. Metallo fights are wins. Team wins. Sure, enough he got a win.but,even then i don't believe either kara or martian manhunter are his subordinates, underlings or inspired by him to act. So the worth of that is upto you. Does that make him go over as an underdog or an overdog? Nah! I don't think so.that still doesn't make this superman look any impressive. It barely affects aforementioned this guy's win-loss ratio.

He was first set up as this be all end all of heroes or an experienced overdog. But, as soon as he came he started jobbing and haven't done anything worthy of making me feel like this guy is an overdog. When madara came and took on the alliance. You know he is an overdog. This guy is not setup as underdog either. How can he? He is supposed to be vetren. An underdog fight would be fights including guy, guts, luffy.. Etc. So, that puts this superman in a precarious position. he is supposed tobe this experienced dominant guy that hasn't done anything to validate his status.

On the flipside,routh's superman might be an overdog(seeing as he is kingdom come superman). He comes he kicksass. His position as a beast is validated.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-06-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

By the look of it, no we won't.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    By the look of it, no we won't.
    He said things had changed since WB had put the kibbosh on it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Multiple items of note:

* Guggenheim confirmed that they did in fact reach out to Nic Cage to cameo as Superman, and I will never forgive that dude for this presumably being the first time he's turned down a gig in the last decade or so.

* This image from the trailer:

While obviously Tulloch, it's also obviously another universe. Some people are saying that's not Hoechlin?

* THESE IMAGES FROM THE CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS WALMART GIANT:

Buh-bye

Looks like Sacred got his New 52 inspired world for a few pages at least lol.

Wasn't there a list of people in Crisis with one or two more Luthor's alongside Cryer's Lex? I wonder if the Lex who killed that Superman is another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Multiple items of note:

* Guggenheim confirmed that they did in fact reach out to Nic Cage to cameo as Superman, and I will never forgive that dude for this presumably being the first time he's turned down a gig in the last decade or so.
    Dang.

Well, as a sympathetic Superman fan, I'd say of all the times he says no, it's when he can actually play Superman. Dude turns down nothing, names his kid f'ing "Kalel," and says no to a Superman role.

As a non-sympathetic fan, I'd say of course he'd say no to a CW project that has low visibility and probably small budget.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No,jor el said "You've grown stronger here than I ever could've imagined. The only way to know how strong, is to keep testing your limits."
    that doesn't anywhere imply that superman's powers are because of just sun dipping.Infact,it implies that clark has to test his limits to get stronger. like in the old days where he could only leap 1/8th of a mile and progressively got stronger.
    I know that, that's what I meant. The more he pushes himself, the stronger he becomes. He has no limit.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Can't help but notice the dead Superman's suit - the yellow S on the cape aside, which they can do since it's a one-use appearance rather than an ongoing thing they'd have to work into animation, hence why it's never in movies or cartoons anymore - looks like an updated take on what Hoechlin's currently got. The cape tucks in at the neck, there aren't those visible little metal bits at the edges of the S-shield on his chest, and the bodysuit itself doesn't seem to have those visible seams and is maybe even a different fabric altogether; the boots might even be different. I'm thinking this might be an early look at the costume in his own show, since this would be a fair amount to spring for for a 5 second appearance in an 'Earths doomed by Crisis' montage that in this case especially wouldn't be necessary.
    Buh-bye