Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Jason would be 20 years old already. And the Ethan character smells Lex Jr. more than anything else to me.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jason would be 20 years old already.
    How many years after Superman Returns does Crisis take place? Was that ever stated?

In any case, they showrunners just came out and said that they were going to mess with their own continuity.

Edit: Superman was only gone for 5 years, so that made Jason 4 or 5 when we see him in returns. If it's 10 years later then he's 14 or 15 just like the casting call says.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-10-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    How many years after Superman Returns does Crisis take place? Was that ever stated?

In any case, they showrunners just came out and said that they were going to mess with their own continuity.

Edit: Superman was only gone for 5 years, so that made Jason 4 or 5 when we see him in returns. If it's 10 years later then he's 14 or 15 just like the casting call says.
    SR was 14 years ago. And Routh Supes has grey hair. I doubt just 10 years passed.

SR was 14 years ago. And Routh Supes has grey hair. I doubt just 10 years passed.
    But do they confirm that the exact real time has passed? I mean, he's also the Reeves Superman, but that was in the late 70s early 80s. They just condensed that time away to 5 years. What's stopping them from only making it 10 years this time?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But do they confirm that the exact real time has passed? I mean, he's also the Reeves Superman, but that was in the late 70s early 80s. They just condensed that time away to 5 years. What's stopping them from only making it 10 years this time?
    The grey hair.

As I said I think it's more likely that "Ethan" is Jon's Lex than a character from another universe (Jason) or Damian.

The grey hair.

As I said I think it's more likely that "Ethan" is Jon's Lex than a character from another universe (Jason) or Damian.
    Kingdom Come Superman has gray hair in his 40s before the Joker attack

And yeah, that could totally be it too. It'd just be waaaay more boring lol

I’m hoping the other kid is Chris/Lor-Zod. There’s an interesting dynamic to have between a half human biological kid and the adopted full blooded kryptonian. Having Robin be a regular in a Superman show would be weird. But you can probably easilly add Damian traits to Chris.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m hoping the other kid is Chris/Lor-Zod. There’s an interesting dynamic to have between a half human biological kid and the adopted full blooded kryptonian. Having Robin be a regular in a Superman show would be weird. But you can probably easilly add Damian traits to Chris.
    That's what i said in the jon thread. An a non-blood sibling dynamic would be far more interesting.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think we all knew from day one that Routh Superman was meant to be the stand in for E-2 Superman from the original COIE. Thus meeting the same fate. They've already established his wife is dead so they're setting him up to die to be with her. In terms of how much time has passed between the movie and now, I suppose they can do it however they want. It doesn't necessarily have to be the exact same universe as the movie. Just a similar history. Not one but two super-powered sons making it literally the Supersons would be an interesting move. I never thought they'd include Damian. Batwoman and the rest of the Arrow-verse may exist alongside each other but they don't necessarily interact that much. Plus, Batwoman only kind of works if Batman stays out of the picture. Who would be Damian's guardian? So it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility they would go this route.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think we all knew from day one that Routh Superman was meant to be the stand in for E-2 Superman from the original COIE. Thus meeting the same fate. They've already established his wife is dead so they're setting him up to die to be with her. In terms of how much time has passed between the movie and now, I suppose they can do it however they want. It doesn't necessarily have to be the exact same universe as the movie. Just a similar history. Not one but two super-powered sons making it literally the Supersons would be an interesting move. I never thought they'd include Damian. Batwoman and the rest of the Arrow-verse may exist alongside each other but they don't necessarily interact that much. Plus, Batwoman only kind of works if Batman stays out of the picture. Who would be Damian's guardian? So it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility they would go this route.
    E2 Superman survived COIE, you’re thinking Infinite Crisis, which I doubt the Arrowverse will ever adapt. I think Ray is going to die. I heard from somewhere that the first couple of Legends episodes will be pre-crisis, and I doubt the CW will be mean spirited enough to kill Brandon Routh twice. So I think he’ll live. Even if we never see him again.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Well, it's not a DIRECT adaptation of COIE. But with all of his Earthly connections severed, it makes sense to kill him off instead.
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Hopefully the new Superman show stars Brandon Routh. That's the move to make, if we have to have a lower budget CW show at all. He has weight to the role, he's interesting.

Astonishing Member

I thought that was already settled that the new show will be with Hoechlin and filming the pilot starts sometime in March?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I thought that was already settled that the new show will be with Hoechlin and filming the pilot starts sometime in March?
    As far as we know thats still the plan. I guess some of us here are hoping against hope that the positive reaction to Routh back in the role would somehow convince CW to replace Hoechlin's Supes with Routh's.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    As far as we know thats still the plan. I guess some of us here are hoping against hope that the positive reaction to Routh back in the role would somehow convince CW to replace Hoechlin's Supes with Routh's.
    I don't think it would be fair for Hoechlin’s superman, if it did happen . But then again it's just business.