Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

They shouldn't be locked down to any iteration.

I think it's a bad move to tie a new show to the CW at all, but an even worse move to tie it to the Supergirl show particularly. Let the show carry on from Superman Returns or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

I think it's a bad move to tie a new show to the CW at all, but an even worse move to tie it to the Supergirl show particularly. Let the show carry on from Superman Returns or something.
    If it's going to be set in a specific continuity it only makes sense to use that continuity's Superman.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Doesn't letting it carry on from Superman Returns still lock it down to an iteration?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I hope the Routh Superman isn't killed and gets to make periodic appearances but I don't think anyone really believed the show was going to be about him. Mostly because I'd hate to lose that cool costume!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    As far as we know thats still the plan. I guess some of us here are hoping against hope that the positive reaction to Routh back in the role would somehow convince CW to replace Hoechlin's Supes with Routh's.
    I am pretty sure that Berlanti and company is quite happy with Tyler Hoechlin as Superman. They wouldn't have given him his own show otherwise. And of course it will follow Supergirl's continuity. She's the reason they have a Superman
    to make a show for.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Doesn't letting it carry on from Superman Returns still lock it down to an iteration?
    Oh yes, everything is an iteration. I was responding to the idea that it wouldnt be fair to the guy from SUPERGIRL. When crafting a new show for a character who's dwindling in popularity, they shouldn't feel obligated to make anything but the best show they can. Out of the two options on the table, I'd say Routh has more weight to him. Which means they will prolly go the other route, ha.

Okay, so, I went to IMDB and looked up the guest stars and their appearances. Like Tom Welling and Burt Ward. And it doesn't indicate that they make any more appearances. That may just be because it hasn't aired yet. But right now but there's no way to know if any of the other Earth's we saw are restored later. Given that Titans is still on the air I assume they have to restore some of them. What I can say is it doesn't look like Routh's Superman makes an appearance in the next episode. Make of that what you will.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I hope the Routh Superman isn't killed and gets to make periodic appearances but I don't think anyone really believed the show was going to be about him. Mostly because I'd hate to lose that cool costume!
    Well if the universes are merging to form one New Earth, there is likely going to be one of each character, ONE Superman. And thats going to be Tyler Hoechlin's Superman. At least thats what I understand so far.

Brandon Routh was Ray Palmer for so long in this universe, I dont think his Superman was ever meant to be more than a cameo easter eggg in crisis crossover . To me and a lot of people, when we see Brandon we see Ray Palmer the Atom.

As far as we know thats still the plan. I guess some of us here are hoping against hope that the positive reaction to Routh back in the role would somehow convince CW to replace Hoechlin's Supes with Routh's.
    Lol not happening, not only is his actor the face of Ray Palmer but his Superman is mashed with so man other Supermans; Kingdom Come , Superman Returns, Reeves? whatever else, which would make him a nightmare to adapt to own tv series. The new Superman show has been secretly in plan since Elseworlds crossover of 2018, and thats with Tyler Hoechlin.
    Last edited by HunterX; 01-12-2020 at 10:39 PM.

I’m hoping the other kid is Chris/Lor-Zod. There’s an interesting dynamic to have between a half human biological kid and the adopted full blooded kryptonian. Having Robin be a regular in a Superman show would be weird. But you can probably easilly add Damian traits to Chris.
    Yeah could be interesting. So we now got Chris, Jason, Damian, Alexander Jr is "Ethan".

LOL, we shall see, soon.

Routh's Superman hasn't even appeared in any of the promo images from the 2 part finale yet. Houchlien's shows up in the battle with the Anti-Monitor. We may have seen the last of Routh's Superman.

I’m calling it, Lex becomes President of the merged earth at the end of this. The guy is clearly up to something in the trailers. The new poster has him in suit that’s giving me politican vibes rather than that all black suit he usually wears. And more importantly they seems to be setting him up to be a villain that’s be a problem for everyone in the Arrowverse, not just the Kryptonians. Plus these shows are really on the nose on politics. Probably couldn’t resist having a smarter, more competent but still similar enough to be considered a stand in for Trump be the new big bad. Dunno how I’d feel about it.
    *fixed
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-13-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Routh's Superman hasn't even appeared in any of the promo images from the 2 part finale yet. Houchlien's shows up in the battle with the Anti-Monitor. We may have seen the last of Routh's Superman.
    I'm starting to feel that will be the case, which is disappointing .

So who all wants to see the other Earths restored after COIE? (raises hand).
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m calling it, Lex becomes President of the merged earth at the end of this. The guy is clearly up to something in the trailers. The new poster has him in suit that’s giving me politican vibes rather than that all black suit he usually wears. And more importantly they seems to be setting him up to be a villain that’s be a problem for everyone in the Arrowverse, not just the Kryptonians. Plus these shows are really on the nose on politics. Probably couldn’t resist having a stand in for Trump be the new big bad. Dunno how I’d feel about it.
    Can't believe I'm sticking up for Lex, of all people, but insulting Lex like that is pretty low. Lex Luthor is actually incredibly smart. Evil, psychopathic, narcissistic, and murderous. But still incredibly smart. Trump is just a puppet of Putin with half the brain cells.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So who all wants to see the other Earths restored after COIE? (raises hand).
    Right here, and they most likely will. While Batman '66, BoP and Smallville are done, Titans is still going and they technically nuked it so that'd be unfortunate. The same goes for just about every live-action incarnation of DC's characters we've ever seen. Sad enough Jim Corrigan showed up to give Oliver the keys to the Spectre. :/
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-14-2020 at 12:26 AM.