Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    This is actually comic accurate though. KC Supes is way stronger than mainline Superman. I remember when KC Supes ended up on the main earth in Johns JSA run, and he was literally the strongest member on the team. And while Main Supes, had trouble handling Hercules, KC just slapped him away. I myself am not a fan of what they've done with Hoechlin's Supes with having him constantly lose, but that's likely to change once he gets his show, and is a leading Arrowverse figure.
    I know that. The character has new show coming . But, the character is getting rekt, again.the same character that has been a jobber for entirety of his existence. How is this character supposed to excite people?last i checked, jobbing doesn't increase any popularity or pull. That's what I meant. It has zero to do with kc superman powerlevel. If kc superman is that higher in power don't put this superman in a fight with him to lose. Especially, when there is a new show coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I know that. The character has new show coming . But, the character is getting rekt, again.the same character that has been a jobber for entirety of his existence. How is this character supposed to excite people?last i checked, jobbing doesn't increase any popularity or pull. That's what I meant. It has zero to do with kc superman powerlevel. If kc superman is that higher in power don't put this superman in a fight with him to lose. Especially, when there is a new show coming out.
    That's why I'm hoping he'll get a good chance to shine, and show his competence in Crisis, since his series will likely be springboarding right off of it. They'll definitely have to treat him better, since he'll be a central figure in the CWverse.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think when they had him being defeated by Supergirl, they hadn't anticipated that he'd have his own show in a couple of years. They wanted to address the backlash his being on the show received from diehard Supergirl fans who were angry that a man was coming in and overshadowing a woman yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I think when they had him being defeated by Supergirl, they hadn't anticipated that he'd have his own show in a couple of years. They wanted to address the backlash his being on the show received from diehard Supergirl fans who were angry that a man was coming in and overshadowing a woman yet again.
    I don't particularly have an issue with a legacy beating the original. Heck! I want it to happen. I feel first gen should be able to do that, especially. I include kara in that generation. I hate superman being stuck in a place and people saying superman shouldn't be able to do this or that. The problem is 'booking' if i am using wrestling terms. This guy has been a jobber. If you want to push him as a headliner. You need to start having him winning matches now. Make him look dominant.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Predictions:

Welling Clark is powerless therefore can't help. This seems like the only way to get him to come back. And there's no way he's putting on the suit.

Conroy Batman is the Batman for the BOP show. Given his age and the premise of the show, this makes sense. They were supposed to make an appearance so it stands to reason this is how.

All the Arrow-verse Earth's get combined into one. Including Back Lightning who probably has his own Earth.

Routh-man is the one who dies stopping the Anti-Monitor ala Earth 2 Superman in the original series.

Shipp Flash dies in place of Gustin Flash.

Ollie dies. Natch. Or gets sent to the "happy place" with Felicity.

Kara survives and her show lasts one more season.
    Assassinate Putin!

all those new pictures of Hoechlin with Routh and Welling... even with Flash.. he looks like a little cosplayer compared to them, it's embarrassing honestly.

I would love it if Routh Superman kicks his butt.

So now we all remember Routh Superman as an unstoppable badass who never got his ass handed to him? How many fights did he actually win? Counting the Donner movies. Even Zod, Ursa and Non he only won by cheating. Lex got the drop on him in both 1978 and Returns.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-04-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Again I love the first 2 Donner movies but I’m just being fair here.

For that matter the only way Cavill's Superman was able to defeat Zod was by killing Zod. And Batman got the upper hand in Batman v Superman. Plus Doomsday killed him.
    Superman was a jobber for Batman. It wasn't until Justice League that Superman started showing some competence.

https://www.themarysue.com/interview...mpression=true

New interview.

Sounds like Kingdom Come meeting Lois will be more humorous than I’d expected. As well scenes with Batwoman and Smallville Clark. Heatwave will be babysitting the superbaby, sounds hilarious. More Mick is always a good thing. I really need to see his reaction to Haircut’s Superdoppleganger.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    For that matter the only way Cavill's Superman was able to defeat Zod was by killing Zod. And Batman got the upper hand in Batman v Superman. Plus Doomsday killed him.
    Superman was a jobber for Batman. It wasn't until Justice League that Superman started showing some competence.
    Like that wasn't controversial. He won the zod fight. His objective was to save the world and as much as people he can. He did that.His goal wasn't to. 'not kill zod'.This is Batman's nonsensical game with the joker. That ain't a lose. As batman fight,batman couldn't accomplish his goal to kill superman nor did lex 'to put holes in the holly' . Naturally, superman won the war. He was finally accepted by the people. A guy can loose a match and still look impressive. Sheer dumb luck is also an asset. So, no jobbing. Doomsday always kills superman.it's kind of his thing.superman on the reverse killed him as well. But, superman was the only one who would have woke up. So,doomsday lost. Superman lives.
    in the fight with zod and co elsewhere because zod's target was superman,fight wasn't fare to begin with(3 on He did the smart thing. He realised he cannot beat them like that and he was breaking everything . So he used prep. If batman can do it so superman can as well. Superman ultimately won.
    using kryptonite to win isn't much of a contest. Its like beating up a cripple. I mean, there is a reason why goku would never use it if he wants to kick superman's ass. Even, then supermen both overcame it and accomplished their wants(albeit with help).
    The help only came because two reasons
    1)innate goodness in them
    2)superman inspired them to do so.
    Superman lifted the entire island made of kryptonite threw it into space. He stopped the missiles that was meant to sink east cost. So,guess who won.
    Hoechlin’s superman, fights never did those thing. He cleanly lost. You can say his supergirl fight was something. But, still superman's goal was restraining kara. He failed. Kara on the other hand did. Point blank. End of story. There was the fight with evil black superman.even that one i don't know what was he going for. A straight up punching contest or stalling. If its the former, he lost. Even if its the later, that still doesn't make him look good. He was fighting basically himself. But, he won.
    Regardless, this is clearly 'what about' argument. It doesn't do a thing to change win loss ratio of the character in question nor does it make people like me excited for the character in question. Making character look dominant in fights or coming on top is required for people to stay engaged with him. So, cw creatives needs to start doing that. No more, putting over supergirl or anyone for that matter. The other supermen had won most of their bouts,not that it is relevant.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-04-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Predictions:

Welling Clark is powerless therefore can't help. This seems like the only way to get him to come back. And there's no way he's putting on the suit.

Conroy Batman is the Batman for the BOP show. Given his age and the premise of the show, this makes sense. They were supposed to make an appearance so it stands to reason this is how.

All the Arrow-verse Earth's get combined into one. Including Back Lightning who probably has his own Earth.

Routh-man is the one who dies stopping the Anti-Monitor ala Earth 2 Superman in the original series.

Shipp Flash dies in place of Gustin Flash.

Ollie dies. Natch. Or gets sent to the "happy place" with Felicity.

Kara survives and her show lasts one more season.
    None of the Supermen died in COIE though. Many are assuming Routh's Supes will die but he could just as easily end up going into some kind of paradise dimension like in the comics. And thinking of that, has there been any word of whether there will be an Alexander Luthor Jr who comes from the Earth where all the heroes are villains and his father Lex is the sole hero? I know it can't be Earth 3 since the Arrowverse has kind of mixed up all the Earth names.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    None of the Supermen died in COIE though. Many are assuming Routh's Supes will die but he could just as easily end up going into some kind of paradise dimension like in the comics. And thinking of that, has there been any word of whether there will be an Alexander Luthor Jr who comes from the Earth where all the heroes are villains and his father Lex is the sole hero? I know it can't be Earth 3 since the Arrowverse has kind of mixed up all the Earth names.
    Some think Cisco will fill the Alex Luthor role here, since his powers sort of work in a similar way and he's been rumored to want out of the show.