Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I swear I'm not trying to stir anything up here with a "ha ha told you they'd screw Superman again" bit but I've just been wondering....is there any chance that the new show might actually be Super Sons, and calling it Superman and Lois might be trickery, a working title, to hide it? I'm just wondering as most expectations are the Routh Superman sacrificing himself or something, but it'd be a twist if its actually the main CW Superman. Then Lois and the kids' show jumps ahead to the future where the teens are starting a new generation of heroes under her guidance. Meanwhile the Supergirl show stays in the present day. Just a thought.
    That’s actually Gerald Christopher Superman who died in that trailer. Apparently via his Lex. I never watched that show but I think that Lex was silver age Lex who mainly hated Superboy for causing his baldness. So the the guy might have gotten murdered over that, lol, poor bastard.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-07-2019 at 10:31 PM.

I swear I'm not trying to stir anything up here with a "ha ha told you they'd screw Superman again" bit but I've just been wondering....is there any chance that the new show might actually be Super Sons, and calling it Superman and Lois might be trickery, a working title, to hide it? I'm just wondering as most expectations are the Routh Superman sacrificing himself or something, but it'd be a twist if its actually the main CW Superman. Then Lois and the kids' show jumps ahead to the future where the teens are starting a new generation of heroes under her guidance. Meanwhile the Supergirl show stays in the present day. Just a thought.
    Very unlikely. They've never done something like that for a CW Show, I don't see why they would now. And with all the BTS info we're getting this would have long sinced leaked. You can't hide something like that in this age. And it wouldn't be smart on their part. Especially since they're finally allowed to use Superman. After years of adversity. They sure as hell are not killing him off. Not to mention a Supeman show would likely be more successful than Supersons.
    Last edited by GSman; 12-07-2019 at 10:40 PM.

K, thanks for the info, so that's the Superboy series reality? Man they should've asked Stacy Haiduk to be in it then, as that show utilized Lana and not Lois.

As far as hiding things, I was under the impression it hadn't started filming yet. If its already filming then yeah, difficult to hide that kind of secret. If it isn't, then its still possible to keep certain secrets, theoretically. In any case the main reason I thought of it was because of the casting deal with them probably aging Jon to a teen. I would have thought they'd would have wanted to go for the younger route in a standard family set-up. Plus it would be major character development for Supergirl, and really she's the main Super in this verse. But yes, something featuring Superman himself would hopefully be more popular than Super Sons anyway.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-07-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ahhh, I see, so that's the Superboy series reality? Man they should've asked Stacy Haiduk to be in it then, as that show utilized Lana and not Lois.

As far as hiding things, I was under the impression it hadn't started filming yet. If its already filming then yeah, difficult to hide a secret. If it isn't, then its still possible to keep certain secrets, theoretically. In any case the main reason I thought of it was because of the casting deal with them probably aging Jon to a teen. I would have thought they'd would have wanted to go for the younger route, but wondered if the age was a result of the role being more the focus. Plus it would be major character development for Supergirl, and really she's the main Super in this verse. I would think something Superman related would be more popular than Super Sons though, I agree.
    If sources know that the Supersons are in the show, than using logic, they should also know if Hoechlin isn't starring as well. I have not ever seen a show, that can keep a secret like you've suggested. It's just not possible with how much stuff gets leaked, even while in development.

I wonder if Henry Cavil and Christopher Reeves Superman will get mentioned.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

K, thanks for the info, so that's the Superboy series reality? Man they should've asked Stacy Haiduk to be in it then, as that show utilized Lana and not Lois.

As far as hiding things, I was under the impression it hadn't started filming yet. If its already filming then yeah, difficult to hide that kind of secret. If it isn't, then its still possible to keep certain secrets, theoretically. In any case the main reason I thought of it was because of the casting deal with them probably aging Jon to a teen. I would have thought they'd would have wanted to go for the younger route in a standard family set-up. Plus it would be major character development for Supergirl, and really she's the main Super in this verse. But yes, something featuring Superman himself would hopefully be more popular than Super Sons anyway.
    @bold If you're comparing Hoechlin’s superman and supersons series. I think, i will have to say supersons might take it. But, i don't know they might screw it up. I would say routh's superman getting a series would be more popular than either. Hoechlin’s superman has an uphill battle.

Routh’s Superman is from a movie most disliked from way back in 2006. You might personally like his Superman and/or that movie (tbf I do think he looks great in the trailers and pics). And there is a lot of novelty in having him back as Donnerverse. But I honestly think just about anybody else without that problematic foundation would have more going for them. Now if this was Routh playing a completely different Superman with no connections to Returns? Sure, but that’s not what they’re going with.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-08-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    I wonder if Henry Cavil and Christopher Reeves Superman will get mentioned.
    Routh IS Reeves Superman. Returns was a sequel to the first two Superman movies. I doubt there will be any reference to the DCEU.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Routh’s Superman is from a movie most disliked from way back in 2006. You might personally like his Superman and/or that movie (tbf I do think he looks great in the trailers and pics). And there is a lot of novelty in having him back as Donnerverse. But I honestly think just about anybody else without that problematic foundation would have more going for them. Now if this was Routh playing a completely different Superman with no connections to Returns? Sure, but that’s not what they’re going with.
    In current context, that disliked movie doesn't really matter. And by the way, if critics are end all and be all of entertainment.then that movie ain't disliked. Hell yeah! I believe people are more excited about routh's superman.just look at the dude in his costume. He is wearing underwear outside his pants and still pulling of the strongman/wrestler look.hoechlin's superman hasn't done anything epic action like the plane rescue.Hoechlin’s superman first needs to change that costume.

This is more hype than anything. This is superman. If i can have this dude's superman on tv than Hoechlin’s. Then yeah, there isn't much of a contest. They are also adding kingdom come to the mix. This superman trumps Hoechlin’s superman in Everyway. Ofcourse, i want to see jon kent.that's the only curiosity i have for the show.
    Routh’s superman >>>>>>supersons >>>Hoechlin’s superman.
    Also i heard this guy is getting john williams theme. So, more hype for him.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-08-2019 at 01:11 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

So... apparently Earth 38 Supes and Lois send Jon away from Argo similar to how Earth 3 Lex Luthor and Lois Lane sent baby Alexander through the multiverse at the start of the original CRISIS. As we know Alexander ages up as a result. Is this an explanation to how baby Jon will probably be aged up for the Superman and Lois show?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

They couldn't resist homaging the Death scene (on-top of it just being convenient to use their on-hand Lois actress).

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So... apparently Earth 38 Supes and Lois send Jon away from Argo similar to how Earth 3 Lex Luthor and Lois Lane sent baby Alexander through the multiverse at the start of the original CRISIS. As we know Alexander ages up as a result. Is this an explanation to how baby Jon will probably be aged up for the Superman and Lois show?
    Certainly seems like it.

Also of note, Comicstorian is now covering Crisis on Infinite Earths (the original comics). Though oddly, he keeps pronouncing "Pariah" wrong.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I am not caught up with any Arrowverse shows besides random clips I see just browsing social media or youtube. I still think I'm going to attempt to watch this because I do want to see the superman series.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I am not caught up with any Arrowverse shows besides random clips I see just browsing social media or youtube. I still think I'm going to attempt to watch this because I do want to see the superman series.
    Well, Flash and Arrow have both been, in their own ways, been getting ready for the Crisis this season (with some pretty interesting stuff for Arrow). Batwoman has been getting established, and despite the hate it gets from people that never watch it, its pretty good and gets better with every episode. Supergirl has been doing its own Leviathan. And Black Lightning has been dealing with a Government Agency headed by a guy that makes Amanda Waller look like a bleeding heart liberal.

But this week, all roads lead to Crisis.

I'll be real, I'd take a Routh Superman show any day over any of the other options. It would be enough to get me to give CW a shot. Whether still an older KC type, or the Crisis reset him into a more generally familiar vet role (circa 40 like his real age), I'd be down. With the right material this time around he could be the more hardened, Golden Age/Fleischer type Superman I need in my life.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El