Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll be real, I'd take a Routh Superman show any day over any of the other options. It would be enough to get me to give CW a shot. Whether still an older KC type, or the Crisis reset him into a more generally familiar vet role (circa 40 like his real age), I'd be down. With the right material this time around he could be the more hardened, Golden Age/Fleischer type Superman I need in my life.
    Same I didn't care for Superman Returns much but I thought Routh was solid in the role and he looks significantly more imposing than Tyler in the stills they've shown so far

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll be real, I'd take a Routh Superman show any day over any of the other options. It would be enough to get me to give CW a shot. Whether still an older KC type, or the Crisis reset him into a more generally familiar vet role (circa 40 like his real age), I'd be down. With the right material this time around he could be the more hardened, Golden Age/Fleischer type Superman I need in my life.
    I would hate for that awesome suit to go to waste with just one episode. And if he really is the Returns Superman, it would be criminal NOT to do more with him. Routh got cheated out of getting to be a real Superman. I know he's not getting his own show but I really hope we get to see him again.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

spoilers:
    My favorite Superman bit in the first episode was when his heat vision gave out a few moments before Supergirl, and I thought to myself 'oooooh, that's gonna piss some people on here off' and then he immediately gave a good natured little "Always gotta one-up me, huh?" because Superman's way less insecure about his 'power levels' than his fans. No-prize that it's because he just came out from under a red sun, if that's necessary.

My second favorite part was the really good, really raw conversation on the balcony between him and Kara that no one will care about because of that first thing. I thought he was charming as heck last year in Elseworlds, but this reminded me of how his first appearance made him my favorite live-action Superman.
    end of spoilers
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    spoilers:
    My favorite Superman bit in the first episode was when his heat vision gave out a few moments before Supergirl, and I thought to myself 'oooooh, that's gonna piss some people on here off' and then he immediately gave a good natured little "Always gotta one-up me, huh?" because Superman's way less insecure about his 'power levels' than his fans. No-prize that it's because he just came out from under a red sun, if that's necessary.

My second favorite part was the really good, really raw conversation on the balcony between him and Kara that no one will care about because of that first thing. I thought he was charming as heck last year in Elseworlds, but this reminded me of how his first appearance made him my favorite live-action Superman.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And the reason for Oliver's "recruitment" of him was finally put in perspective; Clark wanted to go find his son whom was warped into another universe. Oliver calmed him down, while Lois, Sarah, and Brainy went to rescue the bouncy baby boy. So, yeah. It actually made sense, as even in the comics, Clark has shown to be very protective of Jon.
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Gotta say, Nothing in the episode made me excited except for the set up for jon and Clark's struggle with priority. Even, then If the show is going to focus on the mundane normal things, then i am done.The starting scene with clark didn't attract me at all. Clark is second fiddle and kara is now Clark's mentor now. He didn't even lead the team. Oliver did(granted i can understand that). So much for being experienced vetren. He isn't seen as the experienced vetren at all,Not someone who commands respect from his peers.

I have to say this and be done with it. It might offend people but,this ain't siegel and shuster's 'superman' ,nor can i see him as a variation . Wearing an s and having the name 'clark kent' doesn't make something superman portrayal. This goes against what the character should be in my opinion. Mundanity of normal life shown without the exaggerations and heightenings is not something i welcome.The character is supposed to tear of the cover of the mundane to reveal something 'super'.Instead, They made the mundane status of the character. I went from not caring and thinking it can be salvaged with some push/direction change to outright hating this superman. Now, i don't care what they do. I am just going to watch it for jon.Also, i beginning to think @sacredknight and others are right regarding jon and supermarriage not being good for Superman franchise. Even jurgens and tomasi's run didn't go that far. There is a difference between superdad and just dad

This is superman

This is superdad of a superbaby.The wink says it all.....
    Don't show the normal without the 'super' in a superman story.period.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-09-2019 at 03:14 AM.

I'm just hyped to go back to Smallville, at least for a Little While
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I'm just hyped to go back to Smallville, at least for a Little While
    This is me.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Same I didn't care for Superman Returns much but I thought Routh was solid in the role and he looks significantly more imposing than Tyler in the stills they've shown so far
    oh he really does..

I still haven't seen the first Crisis episode. Hopefully today. Saw this pic yesterday of my friend with the Superman actors. BTW, I loved Routh as Superman and Clark and I also like SR quite a bit. Not everybody hates that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    oh he really does..

I still haven't seen the first Crisis episode. Hopefully today. Saw this pic yesterday of my friend with the Superman actors. BTW, I loved Routh as Superman and Clark and I also like SR quite a bit. Not everybody hates that movie.

Yeah, of all the Supermans in Crisis, Routh looks most like a Superman

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Gotta say, Nothing in the episode made me excited except for the set up for jon and Clark's struggle with priority. Even, then If the show is going to focus on the mundane normal things, then i am done.The starting scene with clark didn't attract me at all. Clark is second fiddle and kara is now Clark's mentor now. He didn't even lead the team. Oliver did(granted i can understand that). So much for being experienced vetren. He isn't seen as the experienced vetren at all,Not someone who commands respect from his peers.

I have to say this and be done with it. It might offend people but,this ain't siegel and shuster's 'superman' ,nor can i see him as a variation . Wearing an s and having the name 'clark kent' doesn't make something superman portrayal. This goes against what the character should be in my opinion. Mundanity of normal life shown without the exaggerations and heightenings is not something i welcome.The character is supposed to tear of the cover of the mundane to reveal something 'super'.Instead, They made the mundane status of the character. I went from not caring and thinking it can be salvaged with some push/direction change to outright hating this superman. Now, i don't care what they do. I am just going to watch it for jon.Also, i beginning to think @sacredknight and others are right regarding jon and supermarriage not being good for Superman franchise. Even jurgens and tomasi's run didn't go that far. There is a difference between superdad and just dad

This is superman

This is superdad of a superbaby.The wink says it all.....
    Don't show the normal without the 'super' in a superman story.period.
    Is this all because he changed one freaking diaper? Because what exactly was "mundane" about the rest of the portrayal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I had the exact same thoughts on both points. spoilers:
    I really liked the scene with Kara on the balcony, and I think if they are going to go the route with Routh going the Earth 2 route, that conversation might come back around again in some form. If they do end up depowering Welling's Clark and having him live a life with Lois, and then have Routh's Clark having lost Lois & Chris, it's setting up a solid conflict. It's also setting Hoechlin up to do a very Superman thing and say screw the odds we're gonna have this life. Which I very much like.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Is this all because he changed one freaking diaper? Because what exactly was "mundane" about the rest of the portrayal?
    I don’t see it either. The man was literally living in an alien city for the better part of 2 years. I also warmed up to the balcony scene. Superman more than any other hero is supposed to be burdened by carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Failing to save his species from getting wiped out for the second time should weigh on him heavily.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-09-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don’t see it either. The man was literally living in an alien city for the better part of 2 years. I also warmed up to the balcony scene. Superman more than any other hero is supposed to be burdened by carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Failing to save his species from getting wiped out for the second time should weigh on him heavily.
    Lived on an alien planet, sent his son off from an anti-matter wave, was saved at the last second, his wife had to travel to another dimension to find said son, while he stayed and defended an interdimensional tower from shadow demons. Tonight he'll be dimension hopping looking for his doppelgangers to help. Bout as mundane as it gets.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar