Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He's a dead ringer for New 52 Supes, so I'm not sure why everyone is so down on him.
    I think the New 52 Superman looked awesome and powerful, and I like that costume. But Hoechlin does not remind me of him at all.

To each their own. At least some like him, I don't get it, but oh well.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Not official but people taking a look have said the dead Superman might be Gerard Christopher?!
    Buh-bye

Friendlier Supermen

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Not official but people taking a look have said the dead Superman might be Gerard Christopher?!
    If so, it's a shame he didn't get a speaking part.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like Sacred got his New 52 inspired world for a few pages at least lol.
    In something I'm not following and quickly killed off, haha. Nice artwork though, and I credit CW and DC all-around for building this up the way they have. CW stuff just isn't my thing but they've crafted a methodical verse and big event, and now using comics to supplement it while also advertising it. Certainly can't trash them on the crafting and I certainly have no desire to. Its far more care than can be said for...other verses.

I know my niece and nephews watch at least some of these shows, I'll have to ask them if they're following this well enough and if they're enjoying it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-06-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Multiple items of note:

* Guggenheim confirmed that they did in fact reach out to Nic Cage to cameo as Superman, and I will never forgive that dude for this presumably being the first time he's turned down a gig in the last decade or so.

* This image from the trailer:

While obviously Tulloch, it's also obviously another universe. Some people are saying that's not Hoechlin?

* THESE IMAGES FROM THE CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS WALMART GIANT:

I just thought...is this supposed to be George Reeves' Superman? Not that they're using the likeness.
    People have narrowed it down to one of the two live-action Superboys, although I don't think they've definitively figured out which one.

Makes me wonder if they got the Luthor actors back as well.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just thought...is this supposed to be George Reeves' Superman? Not that they're using the likeness.
    Nope, that's the Fleischer cartoon Superman.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    kinda not a fan of this Superman I feel like he got a similar pep-talk last crossover and a previous trailer show how Oliver had to tell him to man up. I know he is a guest and all but out of the three that are mainlining this event I feel like he better do something amazing to convince me to watch his show.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    kinda not a fan of this Superman I feel like he got a similar pep-talk last crossover and a previous trailer show how Oliver had to tell him to man up. I know he is a guest and all but out of the three that are mainlining this event I feel like he better do something amazing to convince me to watch his show.
    Yeah I’m trying to be optimistic but I’m not liking what I’m seeing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Man, I hate how authoritarian the supporting cast of the Supergirl show is...and how down with it Superman is. Never thought I'd see either character hanging around military black sites, but everytime I've seen a clip of the show- that's where they are.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-07-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Man, I hate how authoritarian the supporting cast of the Supergirl show is...and how down with it Superman is. Never thought I'd see either character hanging around military black sites, but everytime I've seen a clip of the show- that's where they are.
    Uh, the "black site" is dead center of National City.

There wasn't a second of this clip where I wasn't cringing.

I want to give Superman & Lois a chance, but I don't think I'll be able to get through it.

I swear I'm not trying to stir anything up here with a "ha ha told you they'd screw Superman again" bit but I've just been wondering....is there any chance that the new show might actually be Super Sons, and calling it Superman and Lois might be trickery, a working title, to hide it? I'm just wondering as most expectations are the Routh Superman sacrificing himself or something, but it'd be a twist if its actually the main CW Superman. Then Lois and the kids' show jumps ahead to the future where the teens are starting a new generation of heroes under her guidance. Meanwhile the Supergirl show stays in the present day. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-07-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El