Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I want this series instead. It looks more age appropriate anyway. Routh looks like the kind of Superman that would find her as a teenager.
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Is this all because he changed one freaking diaper? Because what exactly was "mundane" about the rest of the portrayal?
    Nothing much. It's not something that i want in a superman show. He is superman and superdad. Treat him like it. Hell yeah! I have problem with it.There is a thing called tone for a character.what is it with people wanting either a god or just a man. He is neither, he is superman.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Nothing much. It's not something that i want in a superman show. He is superman and superdad. Treat him like it. Hell yeah! I have problem with it.There is a thing called tone for a character.what is it with people wanting either a god or just a man. He is neither, he is superman.
    Or you know, he's both. So he'd actually take care of his kid and then have the interdimensional adventure he has which is showing both sides of him. I don't think seeing him take care of his kid in a funny cute scene is demeaning to the character, but whatever.

We don't and won't agree on any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That is FREAKING AWESOME!!!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don’t see it either. The man was literally living in an alien city for the better part of 2 years. I also warmed up to the balcony scene. Superman more than any other hero is supposed to be burdened by carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Failing to save his species from getting wiped out for the second time should weigh on him heavily.
    The room/space the scene set in had no sensibilities of the extraordinary. It was like every other room in the normal world. Ship might have been extraordinary but the focus was on the room. I have no issue with that weighing part. Okay, i don't think barry fans want wally to lecture barry on how to be a hero or how to not give up. The same logic applies, here.Still,i can get behind it seeing as it wasn't over the top.

Another preview

Or you know, he's both. So he'd actually take care of his kid and then have the interdimensional adventure he has which is showing both sides of him. I don't think seeing him take care of his kid in a funny cute scene is demeaning to the character, but whatever.

We don't and won't agree on any of this.
    You say he is both. That scene only treats him like one. Man.
    When have i said i have problem with taking care of babies.the scene itself lacks anything that has any heightings. Have jon spit out fire or something while Cackling or have superman punch a meteor while changing diapers. Anything to make him feel 'superman'. Otherwise, it's not needed. Brad bird did this incredibles. It's not that hard. There is a reason why jurgens and tomasi focused on jon with powers.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-09-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So following the numbering of the show. Routh's Superman would either be Earth 96, Earth 78, or Earth 06.
    Assassinate Putin!

The room/space the scene set in had no sensibilities of the extraordinary. It was like every other room in the normal world. Ship might have been extraordinary but the focus was on the room. I have no issue with that weighing part. Okay, i don't think barry fans want wally to lecture barry on how to be a hero or how to not give up. The same logic applies, here.Still,i can get behind it seeing as it wasn't over the top.
    Wait so now you’ve turned this into a complaint about the set? Honestly I don’t even think this episode even tackled whether Clark was a god/man/whatever. He’s dealing with the end of the universe not his identity crisis. Maybe your problem is that this Superman doesn’t have constant Christ imagery behind him. Do we really need more of that?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-09-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Wait so now you’ve turned this into a complaint about the set? Honestly I don’t even think this episode even tackled whether Clark was a god/man/whatever. He’s dealing with the end of the universe not his identity crisis. Maybe your problem is that this Superman doesn’t have constant Christ imagery behind him. Do we really need more of that?
    your argument is "they are in space ship. See, there is 'super'". Forgive me but that's what i got. No, if I didn't know that and i watched that scene i wouldn't even get an inkling of the space ship or any heightenings.
    No, my problem is Goldenage guy took care of a baby too. He just did flips and tore through trees to make the baby laugh,jumped around with the baby to show him stuff.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Sorry to see Donner Supes lose Lois,Perry and Jimmy,but damn it the minute that John Williams' theme kicks in and he puts on the Superman outfit,and then the other Superman does the same...I had the biggest stupidest grin on my face.

And ...major spoilers there about Earth 38 Luthor. It sounds like Lex uses this Crisis to get ahold of the Book of Destiny and plays havok with our heroes at the worst of times. Diseased maniac indeed.

This is cool epic stuff, and we get people complaining about a freaking diaper change ...I don't get our fandom some times...
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-09-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

This is so hype. Now, that is superman for me.

your argument is "they are in space ship. See, there is 'super'". Forgive me but that's what i got. No, if I didn't know that and i watched that scene i wouldn't even get an inkling of the space ship or any heightenings.
    No, my problem is Goldenage guy took care of a baby too. He just did flips and tore through trees to make the baby laugh,jumped around with the baby to show him stuff.
    They are on Argo where they don't have superpowers. So you're complaining about a scene and saying how it's ruining the character and not true to "Superman" when you're asking for things that are completely out of the context of the narrative.

They are on Argo where they don't have superpowers. So you're complaining about a scene and saying how it's ruining the character and not true to "Superman" when you're asking for things that are completely out of the context of the narrative.
    Fine, the explanation works. But, then the need of the scene is unnecessary. If i were to do the same scene. I would do it differently. Something like, superman tries to do diapers with superspeed. But, he fumbles it up and makes a mess due to losing power and general dad weirdness. Lois comes in does the whole 'met his match' thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Sorry to see Donner Supes lose Lois,Perry and Jimmy,but damn it the minute that John Williams' theme kicks in and he puts on the Superman outfit,and then the other Superman does the same...I had the biggest stupidest grin on my face.

And ...major spoilers there about Earth 38 Luthor. It sounds like Lex uses this Crisis to get ahold of the Book of Destiny and plays havok with our heroes at the worst of times. Diseased maniac indeed.

This is cool epic stuff, and we get people complaining about a freaking diaper change ...I don't get our fandom some times...
    That theme got me too, as did Elfman's theme, and the Batman 66 theme as well. I liked the first part, and now I'm eager for the rest.