Default Lex Luthor v. Rick Sanchez

Composite Lex Luthor takes on his spiritual "descendant" in (Composite?) Rick Sanchez of RICK AND MORTY.

Round 1: strictly h2h, no gear at all beyond truly regular clothing, otherwise standard Rumbles settings

Round 2: standard gear allowed, standard Rumbles swings

Round 3: PREP-TIME!!! Both get a week to study the other before engaging

Round 4: professional science fair: who can pull off the most impressive non-violent scientific feat?

Honestly don't know enough about Rick to be sure this isn't a stomp, but here's my best guess.

1. Lex takes the completely unarmed h2h contest by virtue of being younger, better shape, and no alcoholism.

2. Lex has got all kinds of armor and blasty pgadgets, but Rick is better with unusual effects like transmutation or instant diseases, and both are good at teleporting, but Rick probably could dimension-dump Lex somewhere horrible ... if he can hit Lex. Push.

3. Both are massively formidable with any prep time, but given what Rick can do as a better pure sci(fi)dentist, I think this goes to Rick.

4. Rick. Science is all he has, whereas Lex has science, business, and martial arts, so Rick takes this.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Honestly don't know enough about Rick to be sure this isn't a stomp, but here's my best guess.

1. Lex takes the completely unarmed h2h contest by virtue of being younger, better shape, and no alcoholism.

2. Lex has got all kinds of armor and blasty pgadgets, but Rick is better with unusual effects like transmutation or instant diseases, and both are good at teleporting, but Rick probably could dimension-dump Lex somewhere horrible ... if he can hit Lex. Push.

3. Both are massively formidable with any prep time, but given what Rick can do as a better pure sci(fi)dentist, I think this goes to Rick.

4. Rick. Science is all he has, whereas Lex has science, business, and martial arts, so Rick takes this.
    Your logic for one and four don't really work on rumbles, I'm afraid.

1) Yes, Rick is 70, and that would mean a younger man would have no trouble pushing him over... if they were both from the real world. As is, they are from two different fictional settings and have different standards of human limitations. Masher Roshi is older than Lex Luthor. Would you argue he would lose a hand to hand fight?

4) Similarly, there are lots of characters in fiction who focus on one thing and still wind up worse at it than a polymath. Pick a fictional martial artist that would lose to Batman, for example. Even if martial arts is their sole focus, they can still wind up worse at it.

In both scenarios, what actually matters is how their feats stack up with each other. Rick actually gets into a lot of hand to hand fights, for example, and while he's no Batman he is much tougher than a scrawny, 70 year old alcoholic has any right to be. Lex Luthor's hand to hand skills vary between versions, but he certainly doesn't seem to scrap as often as Rick does on average. Because you made this composite versions, however, Rick only gets to draw from 30 half hour TV episodes and a smattering of comics. Lex can draw from 80 years of comics, movies, TV shows, and more. I'd bet there's a version in there who can outfight Rick.

Lex can also draw on that 80 years of content for any of these other matches, though I'm less certain those tip the odds for him. Rick's scientific achievements far outpace his hand to hand feats. And a lot of Luthor stuff involves him taking advantage of alien tech, cosmic artifacts, or other things beyond what he invents himself. He also tends to work with the resources of an enormous corporation at his disposal, including whole teams of scientists reporting to him. Rick seems to be almost entirely self made and just uses crap out of a garage. I wouldn't be shocked if there are versions of Lex who can outdo Rick, but making universes in a box is a pretty high bar to overcome.

I don't really know what constitutes "standard equipment" for Rick though, as his loadouts seem to vary by the plot quite a bit. I'd favor Lex though. The power armor is consistent enough to qualify as standard and throws down with a higher caliber of super human than Rick deals with.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm gonna lean a bit towards the guy who makes a pocket universe to power his space car and creates a fully functional mech suit made out rat parts using only his mouth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'm gonna lean a bit towards the guy who makes a pocket universe to power his space car and creates a fully functional mech suit made out rat parts using only his mouth.
    I don't they're Pre-Crisis Lex Luthor here.

I mean, Pre-Crisis Lex is only a threat if you have 40 Cakes to steal.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I don't they're Pre-Crisis Lex Luthor here.
    i know but i'd still lean towards rick.

and based on the latest ep, rick has some INSANE levels of prep.

1. Luthor is actually a decently trained and in shape martial artist in some settings, so he should probably be able to take this one.
    2. Has Rick ever used actual weaponry on the level of kryptonians? Because Luthor's standard equipment for being in a fight is his power that allows him to make Superman actually take notice.
    3. Not really sure.
    4. Probably Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and based on the latest ep, rick has some INSANE levels of prep.
    Yeah, he basically caused a multiplanetary Armageddon just to sour Morty on heist movies.