Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Well He did let that Ghost Riders dude's Dad die of cancer.......errr and hes responsible for SpiderMans whole retconned marriage fiasco...
    He didn't let him die of cancer. He saved him. Then the guy died from a stunt. As for Spider-man, he once again did exactly what he said he was going to and what Spider-man and Mary Jane agreed to.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    You dont see how those generations of of students from New Mutants and Gen X might not agree with Xavier's new ideals? If we can make a case for even villainous mutants being on Krakoa then we can also make one for some saying no to the notion of being there.
    I mean not really. Especially their generations that has only known the fight for Xavier's dream. Many of them have been fighting for half their lives. That **** gets old and wears you down. What young person wants to move from an island paradise to a place where if they aren't killed by a divine cloud, or swish by a giant robot it's a good Day? lol.
    +
    Both teams lost a teammate due to Human ignorance
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    He didn't let him die of cancer. He saved him. Then the guy died from a stunt. As for Spider-man, he once again did exactly what he said he was going to and what Spider-man and Mary Jane agreed to.
    I mean GR was still manipulated into selling his son while his Dad still died right after he was saved. And OMD was so bad a retcon sales dropped significantly. And we allll know how great Deals with the devil work out for the other party....Geez

I see a lotta people comparing the various villians to Murderous madmen buuuuut somehow cool with a Dude who rolls with eFFin Hitler, Genghis Khan. Jack the Ripper.....

GrindrStone(D)

I mean GR was still manipulated into selling his son while his Dad still died right after he was saved.
    Yes, but the point is Mephisto saved him from cancer. That was the deal.

And OMD was so bad a retcon sales dropped significantly.
    That's not even apples and oranges. It's like apples and tubas. We're not discussing sales.

And we allll know how great Deals with the devil work out for the other party....Geez
    I know deals don't usually work out that well, but the devil DOES do whatever he promises and doesn't lie directly to your face when making a deal. That's still better than you usually get with Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Also Sinister isn't a mutant. He just stole the blood of a dead guy and gene spliced himself. So its not 'mutants doing it themselves'. Hell, everything with Krakoa basically fell out of the sky, so they didn't really work for any of this. Xavier just suddenly had most of it.

This is more of a personal change than most on here, but I wish Emma would face SOME kind of consequences for all the crap she pulled these last few years. Unleashing the Sentinels on people is supposed to be a mark that you are an irredeemable monster to the X-men. I know her fans hate that period, but she did so much awful stuff that seeing everyone be totally chummy with her, and having her suffer no consequences at all is infuriating. The closest thing was at the end of Uncanny, where Scott choose Jean over her (which is sexist as hell for a 'consequence'). And that was immediately undone in HoXPoX
    Rosenberg did nothing, Emma got dumped hard on Bendis run.

Emma getting a consequence for her bad actions is on time, but she is a Hickman fave so it won't happen again

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I know deals don't usually work out that well, but the devil DOES do whatever he promises and doesn't lie directly to your face when making a deal. That's still better than you usually get with Sinister.
    No doubt, Sinister is always scheming something behind their backs

Mephisto is bound by his word and does exactly what people ask. Its just that people usually don't think through what they are asking for. His deals are basically contracts. Sinister can just screw you whenever. They're both still super evil.

BANNED

my only gripe is that mutants are still in the same universe as every other propriety, put them in their own universe where everything in it is under the control of the x-office and it prevents shitty one sided crossovers, that's my only gripe

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    my only gripe is that mutants are still in the same universe as every other propriety, put them in their own universe where everything in it is under the control of the x-office and it prevents shitty one sided crossovers, that's my only gripe
    A gripe so big you post it multiple times in half the threads
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I can think of quite a few X-crossovers featuring not one non-X character that were quite shitty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    A gripe so big you post it multiple times in half the threads
    its called brand building

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I can think of quite a few X-crossovers featuring not one non-X character that were quite shitty.
    and that's fine, at least there were no non x-characthers leaching off it
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-24-2020 at 03:18 PM.

The X-Men are not an island. They are a part of a bigger universe and it’s their interactions with them that make for more interesting story. Multiple members have tied relationships with people who aren’t just among the X-books. Take that away and things become more stale

and that's fine, at least there were no non x-characthers leaching off it
    So the quality of the story doesn't mean anything to you?

Usually when Wolverine crosses over into other books its fine. When you involve more of the X-cast it tends to snowball. I'm not sure why, because there are plenty of mutants who are chill and happy to help. Storm can be hit or miss, but when Cyclops is involved its almost always a dumpster fire.

Make Jean single!! And give her a super cool outfit!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So the quality of the story doesn't mean anything to you?
    both are bad stories, but one can at least be about and for the xmen while those crossovers are to the benefit of everyone else but the xmen , só those can disappear completely and nothing is lost to the xmen , maybe to the rest of the marvel universe but i don’t have to care about that