Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    No, both are pretty important.
    And if the journey's no good, the destination better be worth it.
    See, I’m already at the point where I’m so underwhelmed by the journey the destination’s just gonna leave me going “...And? That was it?” No matter what. It’s just such an unpleasant experience so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Did Storm actually say something about Diplomatic Immunity, or was that just a joke people have been making? Because if she did, that's ridiculous.
    Yeah, about Franklin for his...egregious crime of running away from home...? I actually wonder if that might have been a mis-print (“She has diplomatic immunity!” For Kitty running off with him) or if she meant...like...he has diplomatic immunity to enter the gate which...Still not a crime....?

Frowned upon so far as running away but, not illegal as far as I’m aware? Unless she’s trying to say the parents have no legal ‘right’ over their mutant kid? Or, like, the laws around mutant kids are different—or actually I don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    See, I’m already at the point where I’m so underwhelmed by the journey the destination’s just gonna leave me going “...And? That was it?” No matter what. It’s just such an unpleasant experience so far.
    this is a big problem, The journey haven't been so good and we have no idea what the destination is. If the journey is good, at least the destination can feel less important

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I blame the amount of books that are being published for this. If X-Men is the dedicated world-building book, where each issue is a seed that Hickman will come back to full circle in the climax of the story, then they shouldn't have published so many other team books in these small niches of the Krakoa story. They could have condensed a few of these books together or straight up not bothered. They could have gotten to the damn point in tons of these stories quicker, and possibly had Phase 2 release much quicker or even increased the amount of books they wanted to publish then. Phase 1 should've been 3 books, max. The Krakoa story is paced as slow as Coates' Captain America. That book was so. damn. slow. Good God, it moved at a glacial pace and this Krakoa thing is, too. It's clear they plan to make this thing last for as long as they can.

Also, about the militant thing, it's really off putting for me, too. I get characters like Cyclops and Storm would be very militant, but why is everyone on Krakoa a massive bootlicker? Lmao. It's gotten to the point where characters like Mystique, Sabertooth, and Sinister are far more interesting because they're more likely to do whatever the hell they want rather than kiss Xavier's ass.

If everyone on Krakoa follows orders blindly, then it comes off like a cult. They could have easily prevented this weird, cult-like image they have now by simply having a lot more discourse among the X-Men/characters during missions, books, teams, etc. No one has their own voice anymore and it's being sold as "well, they all agree with Xavier and Krakoa now" and that's just very silly. It's not hard to believe that they're all onboard, it's just stupid. Kills character personalities.
    Even Storm and Cyclops can be compassionate though; Scott’s crossed into extreme territory before, but Ororo’s always had moments where she’s established that she can separate friend from foe, human or not. Now, however, that just seems out the window.

Totally agree with you; we’ve lost individual voices into a collective.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    X-Universe - Hickman+Silva/Deodato

This is a high concept, worldbuilding (quite literally), flagship book that sets the dynamic and deals with mutant affairs getting global. Not just world wide but galaxy wide if not universe wide. Establishing formal relations with Shi'ar and what that means for the international relations on the Earth. More insight to where Krakoan relationship with Atlantis, Wakanda, Latveria, Lemuria and Olympia stand and why. Personal aspects would mostly materialize in response to the clash of ideals when these larger than life developments will require pragmatism and objectivity over principles and nobility, which is something not everyone can simply accept and live with.
    Villains: transhumans with a better design and characterization than what was given; ecofascists more imposing than this bad joke whoretheculture; tensions with governments that will result in SHIELD recognizing Krakoa as borderline rogue state due to political intrigue, not without Orchis' help of course due to the fact that Orchis' operatives may still be active in SHIELD itself. I could see SWORD still sympathizing with mutants tho. And that no ending well for Abigail Brand, exploring the "dual loyalty" them right here.

X-Men - Hickman/Carey+Larraz/Eaton (really wanted Mann here, but IIRC he's DC exclusive now, gotta keep that one "realistic" just because)

A book that will try to explore if being a superhero in its classic sense is still possible in divided and strained by political tensions world. Can they look after the simple man in need, or just deal with a threat only those gifted with power can when this division is taking place? The answer could be not to fight mutant or human villains but simply villains like High Evolutionary, Sauron, Wendigo, Ngarai, Mojo, Children of the Vault and others. But is it feasible to be just superheroes now when they are affiliated with the most controversial state on planet? Can they build bridges between the societies through this selfless and purely well-intentioned endeavor? This is something I think worth exploring.

X-Force - K/Y(or)Bunn+Lashley/Opena

Love the idea of mutant Mossad and its division to analysts/field operatives (but I can't say anything positive about the execution of the book). Instead of the actual attack being the focal point, it should've been the prevention of it. An attack that already happened is just another Genosha all over again. The only reason why these fltascans didn't carry some sort of micro nuclear device or other WMD was just as forced and far-fetched as normies with guns putting the nation of superpeople on its knees. So to me, Krakoans already know they will be attacked. And they already work to prevent it. Telepaths are pulling a Minority Report and provide analysts with the data they gathered from the world's mindscape, and then the analysts decide which "criminal thought" is about to eventuate into a "criminal action" and in accordance to their deduction should be given then to the executors to then commit preemptive measures. Provocative? It's mutant Mossad, it is so a priori. And of course the questions of moral implications must be asked and explored in story.

X-Corp - Gillen+Pachecho/Weaver

Instead of Hellfire Trading Company, I'd rather have X-corp as the Krakoan economic representative and HFC, after the mutants left their spots vacant, now with a newly assembled Inner Circle, becoming its "competitor". Think about Club's non mutant members that are finally relieved from mutant dominance within their ranks yet still want to maintain the same global influence so instead of seeking to simply sabotage Krakoan economic activity they would rather see it claimed for their own distribution since the product has value and demand. Dragging down Frost and Shaw in process will just be a pleasant bonus for some due to several past misdeeds by the duo.

X-Factor - PAD+Benitez/Di Giandomenico

Those that didn't fall for the Krakoan "koolaid" of sorts. Mutant nomads on a road trip to find their own place in the world or/and find out if that's still possible for them.

neXt Generation - Priest+Bachalo/Pichelli

Krakoan Academy X. Exploration of growing up, adolescence and coming to terms with mutant experience and responsibilities... or not.
    Love the Xforce and Xcorp ideas. In fact Ive been saying this same thing about Xcorp and wanted the book to feature the New Mutants/Generation X members also with the idea of helping those mutants who may not be able or want to get to Krakoa. My cast would be: Sunspot. Mirage. Magik. Cannonball. Karma. Wolfsbane. Chamber. Cypher. Monet. Petra. (yeah I'd bring her back)

Fantastic Member

Another thing I would change....
    I just hate the inclusion of Goldballs or Egg or whatever he's supposed to be now. Eva Bell is ok but when you have characters like Tempo who are unused it seems like she could be used instead. So my 5 would be: Hope. Proteus. Elixir. Eva Bell or Tempo. Kenji Uedo in place of Goldballs. In fact I may go with a 6 partly as a throwback to the Mutant X universe where it was the six. The 6th member would be a resurrected Fabian Cortez or Sage either would be there to boost and enchance mutant abilities.

It also seems that this whole HOX/DOX thing should have been the culmination of Cyclops' mutant revolution. It seems that instead having this be all about Xavier and Magneto and Moira. It would have been more meaningful if it had been Cyclops running things but in the role of Magneto. Emma wearing cerebro in the role of Xavier. And Moira keeps her reincarnation powers but it seems that Jean being Phoenix would have the power of reincarnation and would fit this even better especially if they featured the different lifetimes as visions or memories in the White Hot Room from other mutant Phoenix hosts. Of course Magneto and Xavier would factor in but this is a more radical move and continuing to make Xavier creepy and more manipulative is not always a good thing imo. This a new way of doing things and another attempt at having a mutant island which is something that Cyclops along with Magneto should be all for but not necessarily Xavier
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 02-12-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Another thing I would change....
    I just hate the inclusion of Goldballs or Egg or whatever he's supposed to be now. Eva Bell is ok but when you have characters like Tempo who are unused it seems like she could be used instead. So my 5 would be: Hope. Proteus. Elixir. Eva Bell or Tempo. Kenji Uedo in place of Goldballs. In fact I may go with a 6 partly as a throwback to the Mutant X universe where it was the six. The 6th member would be a resurrected Fabian Cortez or Sage either would be there to boost and enchance mutant abilities.

It also seems that this whole HOX/DOX thing should have been the culmination of Cyclops' mutant revolution. It seems that instead having this be all about Xavier and Magneto and Moira. It would have been more meaningful if it had been Cyclops running things but in the role of Magneto. Emma wearing cerebro in the role of Xavier. And Moira keeps her reincarnation powers but it seems that Jean being Phoenix would have the power of reincarnation and would fit this even better especially if they featured the different lifetimes as visions or memories in the White Hot Room from other mutant Phoenix hosts. Of course Magneto and Xavier would factor in but this is a more radical move and continuing to make Xavier creepy and more manipulative is not always a good thing imo. This a new way of doing things and another attempt at having a mutant island which is something that Cyclops along with Magneto should be all for but not necessarily Xavier
    Well, Cyclops had Utopia and Magneto had Genosha… Xavier never had his mutant island before.
    But, I agree, Krakoa is against all what Xavier's ideology was about. It is a massive brainwashing for the character.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Godfather IV you have picked really good artists.Some of the ones you mention like Clay Mann,Ken Lashley and Jerome Opena are serious heavy weights.I wish Clayton Crain came back for some X Force or even a few X-Men runs.Let me grow your list with some more good artists Esad Ribic,Jorge Molina,Olivier Coipiel,Will Conrad,Ron Garney,Diego Bernard,Frank Cho maybe Paco Medina,Mike Choi and Stuart Immonen as well
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-18-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, Cyclops had Utopia and Magneto had Genosha… Xavier never had his mutant island before.
    But, I agree, Krakoa is against all what Xavier's ideology was about. It is a massive brainwashing for the character.
    Xavier had...
    Hs secret Mutant School
    His secret Mutant Underground
    His secret Mutant research facility off the coast of Scotland
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Love the Xforce and Xcorp ideas. In fact Ive been saying this same thing about Xcorp and wanted the book to feature the New Mutants/Generation X members also with the idea of helping those mutants who may not be able or want to get to Krakoa. My cast would be: Sunspot. Mirage. Magik. Cannonball. Karma. Wolfsbane. Chamber. Cypher. Monet. Petra. (yeah I'd bring her back)
    They could be X-corp's.... wait for it... X-corps! lol speaking of (and the reason why I came back for this thread) I actually had a dream last night about this concept very idea for some reason...

X- Calibre - (now between that and X-Force, Bunn and K/Y could either get the gig)+Will Conrad/Miguel Sepulveda
    To be ahead of its enemies, the nation needs to be ahead in its intelligence. To protect itself if its intel has malfunctioned, the nation needs an army.

Get Rogue and Gambit the hell off of excalibur. It's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Agreed. I’d combine some of these books. Dump Excalibur. Put Rogue and Gambit on Kitty’s pirate ship with Ororo, Bishop and Bobby. Throw in Jubilee too. That’d be a great Marauders cast IMO. Oh, and Emma of course, as the head of the Hellfire Trading Company.

Cable’s new solo is destined to fail. No one likes this version anyway. Instead, send Kid Cable back to the future and have Hope resurrect her father. The OG version. Then put him on X-Force with Beast and Sage (intelligence branch) and Domino, Colossus and Logan. Love Jean, but she’s getting good panel time in X-men with Scott and his rotating cast over there.

So you’d have X-men, X-Force (with Cable), Marauders (with Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee), New Mutants and Wolverine. That’s a tighter, stronger lineup IMO.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Y'all really want oldies like Yost, P.David and Gillen to come back? Try something new. No wonder people want Krakoa to fail.
    "Cable was right!"

For the most part I like the Krakoa set up. Some of the books are pretty weak, but overall I like the set up and the creators working on the relaunch. Like I said, I’d just combine some books and concepts to make a smaller, tighter line which is higher quality. My $.02.

And the strongest books I’d try to double ship some. With the lineups above, I think you could easily double ship X-Force and Marauders. And in X-men I’d try to pull more characters in that aren’t in the other books (Kwannon, Archangel, Nightcrawler, Captain Britain, etc.).