Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Y'all really want oldies like Yost, P.David and Gillen to come back? Try something new. No wonder people want Krakoa to fail.
    For the most Hickman's line of work in X-Men is influenced by Mike Carey and Gillen. He said it in some interview but I am not sure about the latter.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    For the most part I like the Krakoa set up. Some of the books are pretty weak, but overall I like the set up and the creators working on the relaunch. Like I said, I’d just combine some books and concepts to make a smaller, tighter line which is higher quality. My $.02.

And the strongest books I’d try to double ship some. With the lineups above, I think you could easily double ship X-Force and Marauders. And in X-men I’d try to pull more characters in that aren’t in the other books (Kwannon, Archangel, Nightcrawler, Captain Britain, etc.).
    Fallen Angels was pointless. I like Excalibur cuz it kinda reminds me of Dr. Who but it has the same problem that I have with the current season where the MC doesn't need these other scrubs.

Brisson is a good writer but I fear for New Mutants (Hickman's part wasn't even that good)

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    For the most Hickman's line of work in X-Men is influenced by Mike Carey and Gillen. He said it in some interview but I am not sure about the latter.
    It's pretty obvious from his previous Marvel work that he's picky with what past events to include in his continuity.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 02-27-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Y'all really want oldies like Yost, P.David and Gillen to come back? Try something new. No wonder people want Krakoa to fail.
    Yost and David shouldn't get back. Gillen still is very fresh

now i'm conflicted on Yost, sinc ehe is one of the few writers that is a Jean fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. I’d combine some of these books. Dump Excalibur. Put Rogue and Gambit on Kitty’s pirate ship with Ororo, Bishop and Bobby. Throw in Jubilee too. That’d be a great Marauders cast IMO. Oh, and Emma of course, as the head of the Hellfire Trading Company.

Cable’s new solo is destined to fail. No one likes this version anyway. Instead, send Kid Cable back to the future and have Hope resurrect her father. The OG version. Then put him on X-Force with Beast and Sage (intelligence branch) and Domino, Colossus and Logan. Love Jean, but she’s getting good panel time in X-men with Scott and his rotating cast over there.

So you’d have X-men, X-Force (with Cable), Marauders (with Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee), New Mutants and Wolverine. That’s a tighter, stronger lineup IMO.
    Where? she is just a housewife over X-men.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-27-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Spectacular Member

Over the current bunch? 100%. Besides Hicks, not a single book is even readable. It's really sad.

Fantastic Member

I think Gillen is free right now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    They could be X-corp's.... wait for it... X-corps! lol speaking of (and the reason why I came back for this thread) I actually had a dream last night about this concept very idea for some reason...

X- Calibre - (now between that and X-Force, Bunn and K/Y could either get the gig)+Will Conrad/Miguel Sepulveda
    To be ahead of its enemies, the nation needs to be ahead in its intelligence. To protect itself if its intel has malfunctioned, the nation needs an army.
    So are the books kind of like 2 in 1 like HOX/POX in this scenario? Xforce being the Mossad preemptive and X-calibre being the army and Marauders of sorts?

This is interesting because my Xforce would actually be made up of Emma. Magneto. Mystique. Exodus. Unuscion. Warpath and Domino. I was thinking maybe Betsy could get her precognitive abilities back being able to see more probable threats ahead of time and used this way

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I think Gillen is free right now.
    Seems lik ehe is only doing creator owned books now

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Seems lik ehe is only doing creator owned books now
    Probably though I would think with a fresh start and the chance to almost do as he pleases with a book and cast under Hickman, he might jump at that chance

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    So are the books kind of like 2 in 1 like HOX/POX in this scenario? Xforce being the Mossad preemptive and X-calibre being the army and Marauders of sorts?

This is interesting because my Xforce would actually be made up of Emma. Magneto. Mystique. Exodus. Unuscion. Warpath and Domino. I was thinking maybe Betsy could get her precognitive abilities back being able to see more probable threats ahead of time and used this way
    ALL of the books should be surgically supervised to fit and support the all encompassing worldbuilding (whatever it is), imo. I know that X-books have a history of mandatory meddling that made more harm than good, but I also remember how efficient the cooperation between the X-office during the Decimation era was and it is really something I'm missing.
    As a concept, I guess since mutants themselves are ones-men-armies (does this even work as plural? heh), you could even have several mutants embody military brigades, battalions, if not whole damn divisions. I remember being taught in the army that firepower is a unit. And mutants have lots... lots of firepower. And of course the Omegas are its A-bombs.
    The datapages of this army would be so much thrill.
    You forgot that Krakoa forbid precogs. But if anything, I could see Rachel (with her chronoprowess back) being their trusted and totally confidential precog. I could see naturally arising tensions all over it and it's glorious.
    Last edited by adamTPTK; 02-27-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Get Rogue and Gambit the hell off of excalibur. It's awful.
    +1

I like the idea of combining some of the books. I’d def dump Excalibur and put Captain Britain in the new Union book with Apocalypse appearing frequently in that.

X-Force (X-Force + Fallen Angels + Hellions) - Marjorie Liu
    Wolverine, Psylocke, Sinister, Marrow, Cypher, Mondo, Beast, and Cecilia Reyes

X-Men - as is but with more of a Rogue presence

Marauders - Al Ewing and Caselli with a superstar colorist
    Kate, Storm, Bishop, Gambit, Iceman, Jubilee, Emma, and Monet

New Mutants miniseries for Hickman/Reis

X-Factor (with a diff name so there’s not NINETY “X-“ titles)
    Dani, Magik, Rictor, Prodigy, Northstar, Daken
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 02-28-2020 at 06:45 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Over the current bunch? 100%. Besides Hicks, not a single book is even readable. It's really sad.
    Hickman, Duggan and Percy are solid.

Tini and Brisson have favoritism issues but they're OK.

Not sure what Hill was doing since Outsiders is solid.
    "Cable was right!"

Each member of the Quiet Council would have a team of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Each member of the Quiet Council would have a team of X-Men.
    Maybe then they'd finally have some decent security!

In fairness, the X-Men have always had some major problems with security.