Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

How is that supposed to be a great explanation?
    It's already been pointed out the Avengers don't care what the government wants them to do or not do, and saying the Avengers see the X-Men as something like Hydra or Aim doesn't quite make sense when there are a few Avengers who used to be X-Men and many who generally on friendly terms with the X-Men.
    As an explanation it doesn't work at all.
    A better explanation is to acknowledge events in Avengers books as happening as the same time, like currently the Avengers are trapped in space and Iron Man is trapped in the past that's already a good enough explanation for why if something happens right now why they weren't involved.
    A good amount of people already think most books released at the same time take place at the same time so it makes more sense to use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ll be honest, I haven’t read anything yet. I just bought the HoX/PoX, plus all of the ongoings, so I’m sure I’ll have a better informed opinion once that happens. Honestly though, the only thing I’d really change is some of the casts. Especially for X-Men, X-Force, and Excalibur. Especially Excalibur. Jettison everyone except Betsy and maybe Rictor. I’d add Dazzler, Ariel, the Black Knight, Chamber, Northstar and Aurora, and Madison Jeffries.
    Excalibur would be a big switch for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Is there a reason Brian Braddock isn't Captain Britain right now? I'm not familiar enough with that side of the Marvel comics to know what's going on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    How is that supposed to be a great explanation?
    It's already been pointed out the Avengers don't care what the government wants them to do or not do, and saying the Avengers see the X-Men as something like Hydra or Aim doesn't quite make sense when there are a few Avengers who used to be X-Men and many who generally on friendly terms with the X-Men.
    As an explanation it doesn't work at all.
    A better explanation is to acknowledge events in Avengers books as happening as the same time, like currently the Avengers are trapped in space and Iron Man is trapped in the past that's already a good enough explanation for why if something happens right now why they weren't involved.
    A good amount of people already think most books released at the same time take place at the same time so it makes more sense to use that.
    Avengers were shown to be on Earth in HoX. XBooks currently are happening after the events of most other Marvel books due to the HoX time skip.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Is there a reason Brian Braddock isn't Captain Britain right now? I'm not familiar enough with that side of the Marvel comics to know what's going on.
    That gets explained in Excalibur #1

the exact nature of his status seems like it's up to the writer. he's like the Green Lantern of Earth 616, but he's supposed to protect the area relative to the "energy matrix" that crosses the multiverse

The energy matrix is broken, or its not, it's bad editorial control really. In any case, he's either in charge of 616 or Otherworld itself, depending on the writer. He's granted Cap Brit powers to Kelsey Leigh way back in Austen years, and then taken it back. It's weird and vague and whatever.

The Amulet and Sword deal was a red herring, and then it was essential, he inherited his powers from his father in some stories.

I figured he could just wish his powers on his sister if he was able to give them to a stranger like Lionheart.

Another bout of bad writing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Avengers were shown to be on Earth in HoX. XBooks currently are happening after the events of most other Marvel books due to the HoX time skip.
    They were in one panel, and books out now are already referencing what's happening in X-Books.
    There's nothing that makes it impossible for the Avengers to be having their adventure in space while the developments in DoX is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    They were in one panel, and books out now are already referencing what's happening in X-Books.
    There's nothing that makes it impossible for the Avengers to be having their adventure in space while the developments in DoX is happening.
    Invaders referenced it, when Captain America and Iron Man were shown to still on Earth. Black Panther also referenced it in the most recent issue of his solo.
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-03-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Mighty Member

Explained in #1 of the current Excalibur series. Short version: he got captured by the villain.

Its been another week, and another week of X comics! Has anything changed for anyone? Is something working now that wasn't working before? Is there anything new you'd like to tweak?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Unfortunately can't think of anything concrete from what came out this week, other than the only depiction of pro-mutant humanity being crazy cultists. They even managed to resolve the Shogo-dragon issue without tragedy, which is fine enough. Complaints regarding the previews for next week: for now likely Armor's questionably zealous "mutant -> Krakoa, no ifs and buts, my happiness depends on your complete presence" line of thought.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Unfortunately can't think of anything concrete from what came out this week, other than the only depiction of pro-mutant humanity being crazy cultists. They even managed to resolve the Shogo-dragon issue without tragedy, which is fine enough. Complaints regarding the previews for next week: for now likely Armor's questionably zealous "mutant -> Krakoa, no ifs and buts, my happiness depends on your complete presence" line of thought.
    Yeah, I'm getting so creeped out at the religious parallels to be honest; this whole 'blessed be Krakoa' thing is just...it gives me really bad vibes. Like with Armour especially? I couldn't help but think she was a bit selfish, to be honest, in how she framed wanting to bring the others to join her?

Like it wasn't like "Oh they'd love this," "I'm worried about them," it was just "My happiness is being affected. They should be here to fix it."

And it really does remind me of like a church recruitment thing? And plus, the whole psychic energy reveal we got? Why are citizens happy to give that, show me on panel Hickman. Don't just say "Oh it's fine," in a document, that's not good storytelling! Have your characters react to important things like this!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Possible symbiont relationship. Large mutant population on Krakoa -> Krakoa gets plenty of "food sources" to nourish itself without overtaxing any one mutant, where a smaller group faces potential complete drain and death (from the issue that introduced Krakoa all those decades ago) -> a nourished Krakoa generates its own flora and fauna, which the mutant population can consume, and provide flowers for portal generation, and raw materials for making the meds they're peddling humanity to make them cooperative -> the mutant population, nourished from the "gifts" of Krakoa, are maintained healthy enough to not be affected when their psychic energy is fed upon by Krakoa. Ideally the passive energy loss on Krakoan soil with the large population is negligible enough to allow Selene and Emplate to mass-feed on the residents as well (active energy loss) -> cycle repeats.

The thing I'm curious about is the hint that the Krakoan med R&D and manufacture is apparently done off-island, since there's no hint of industry in Krakoa itself. And apparently they're cultivating Krakoan portal-flowers in the Savage Land. We've seen in "New Mutants" that Krakoan flora are potentially invasive in that the flower the NM were carrying nearly killed the flora in the Starjammer's internal garden. Risky proposition.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

I'm honestly just wary of the idea of Krakoa still feeding on that psychic energy; based on some of the security lapses it looks like it's been really slowing some of the characters down a tad? Though, I can't say for sure if X-men #3 was just really bad writing? Another poster pointed out that Hickman doesn't tend to make use of a balanced skill set, he makes the threat seem bigger by weakening the characters to make the adversary seem bigger/more skilled?