Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Not that Im so unhappy with the relaunch. I think its done well and Im anticipating more and more than I did previously. I was hoping that the relaunch would end up being a full reboot and streamlining. I favor quality over quantiity and have always felt that there are just too many redundant characters in the xbooks. The idea of Chimeras is fine and I hope it leads to the combining and phasing out of some while reintroducing others kind of like amalgamations. If it were me this is the angle I'd be going for. Ultimately Moira and Xavier are discovered to have extreme methods and the Chineras basically replace or become the new version of mutantkind
    That's an interesting idea. What happens when people like Magneto and sometimes Cyclops and Emma find out that they aren't at the top of the pile, and they are actually being replaced by newer, stronger people? Post-mutants, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That's an interesting idea. What happens when people like Magneto and sometimes Cyclops and Emma find out that they aren't at the top of the pile, and they are actually being replaced by newer, stronger people? Post-mutants, if you will.
    Isn't that the point of the homo novissima plot?

I don't think so. I think its more of 'humans outpacing us' than a step further in evolution. At least, that's how its being presented.

I think you're actually right though. Which makes the mutant position "we're the CORRECT path of evolution, and you can't go past us". When you factor in the genetic engineering with the chimera's things only get more murky.

You talking about Parenthood??
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

I don't think so. I think its more of 'humans outpacing us' than a step further in evolution. At least, that's how its being presented.

I think you're actually right though. Which makes the mutant position "we're the CORRECT path of evolution, and you can't go past us". When you factor in the genetic engineering with the chimera's things only get more murky.
    I mean when Nature literally encodes an Extinction Gene into your DNA to make room for the next evolutionary step I can kind of see where the hubris of mutants comes into play.

But besides that I feel like thats ignoring the creation of the chimeras was an direct response to the man / machine Alliance. An alliance that had already started genetically manipulating the DNA of mutants and turning them into Hounds for infiltration and assassination.

I don't know it feels more like that mutants were playing catch up against a constantly adaptive and aggressive foe birth from technology that was specifically designed to eliminate mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean when Nature literally encodes an Extinction Gene into your DNA to make room for the next evolutionary step I can kind of see where the hubris of mutants comes into play.

But besides that I feel like thats ignoring the creation of the chimeras was an direct response to the man / machine Alliance. An alliance that had already started genetically manipulating the DNA of mutants and turning them into Hounds for infiltration and assassination.

I don't know it feels more like that mutants were playing catch up against a constantly adaptive and aggressive foe birth from technology that was specifically designed to eliminate mutants.
    Right. Mutantkind thinks that maybe once it gets past having 6 million of its species murdered everyday by hatred and bigotry then maybe they’ll realize we’ve been outpacing them in power. And that’s working now with the realization that Moira’s still above the homo novissima and can only get stopped when the homo novissima try and connect with the Phalanx. Which she’s managed to do in each life and now they have Douglock on the island.

This way of thinking smells too much of supremacy for my taste: "we are better so we have the right to live… and you have less the right to live". (And now, you have even less the right to live because you have a "extinction gene"… nice.)

"Better", what does it mean in a civilized civilization? I suppose that Krakoa don't send away mutants that are disabled or don't have fancy mutations because they aren't up to their standard about what it is to be superior to humans…

This idea of a "nature" that judges who deserve to live and thrive seems to be more than moot to me: there have been millenia that we have departed from the laws of nature… The people who use this argument have an agenda that is usually unpleasant like when Darwin's theories have been used to justify inequality in Britain.

I expect from a comic that at least some people express a point of view that is opposite to that…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I would do away with the mutant supremacy rhetoric and the cult commune feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Everyone sounds so robotic. Just so artificial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    The simplest thing to do would be to show people questioning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    This is Hickmans weakness.
    Well, Hickman's not the only one with it then because all of the titles are guilty of it, whether or not he's writing. I think we're meant to believe this is intended. Quite a few readers suggest that Xavier it mind-controlling everybody.

Anyway...

1. Sink Krakoa. I hate the concept of a mutant 'homeland.' Genosha was a failure (destroyed by a mutant too). Utopia failed. Heck, even Xavier knows Krakoa is destined to fail. Furthermore, it's a thing that the X-Men should never, ever, not even in a million years, endorse. Coexistence means no segregation, even if it's on your own terms.

2. No villains and heroes living together like buddies. None of these people should be on the same page when it comes to how mutants should live amongst flatscans. Apocalypse should find the entire concept of this experiment disgusting for almost religious reasons. Back-stabbing should be rampant. Selene should be trying to become a goddess again, sucking as many souls dry as she can get. Etc.

3. Moira should not be a mutant, but at this point, she deserves to die.

4. More flatscan friends. Everybody who was ever friends should still be around, and there should be tons of interbreeding. Bring back Stevie, Corsi, Charlotte, etc. (especially those last two, and it's too bad Sharon's dead).

5. This resurrection thing is horrible. I'm usually one that condones resurrecting dead characters, but only when each resurrection serves a vital plot. It's disgusting even when it comes to small groups like the Marauders. Another one of my firm beliefs is that clones are individual people, and there's no escaping this. From the moment a clone is born, it is an individual life worthy of individual existence. Whenever Sinister or some other person implants a previous consciousness into a clone, that's a violation akin to slavery or rape. This is a complaint I've long had when it comes to even Xavier, himself, after the Brood Queen thing back in the 80s. His new, young body deserved a life of its own, but he forced his consciousness into it. Repulsive!

6. I can't believe so many are willing to go along with this 'no precogs' crap. Mystique should be looking around constant at all of these dead people and wondering WTF her beloved Irene isn't there! Aaand see #2.

7. Kitty's (not Kate) recent actions are just vile. I'm not opposed to drinking or tattooing, but the reasons for these have not been properly handled. Thankfully, she should just be able to phase the ink out of her when she gets tired of the stupid flatscan-y nonsense.

Edit:
    8. And this Krakoan language garbage is just printed idiocy since it's just a direct transliteration of English. This sort of thing was even stupid back in the days of De-Coder Rings.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 01-28-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

1. (Cassandra Nova isnt a mutant) Never in a million years? Thats kiiiinda painting mutants into a corner lol. surely in a million years there might be SOME reason for a mutant homeland. I Guess many people just dont know the definition of Coexisting.....To exist with someone is to coexist....
    2. Yes Yes Yes MOAR of the same PLEASE...
    3. errrr for what exactly?
    4. Well considering theres only 9 or10 human X-buddies theres gonnna have to be a lot of doubling/tripling up on the human ally's.
    Ouch.

5. Ehhh exactly why are sooo many people against the resurrecting protocols? It honestly makes more sense/ is more believable than the twists turns and retcons needed to bring a character back from the dead.
    6. She's too busy enjoying said dead people
    7. Soooo shes vile for drinking and getting tattoos for the wrong reasons?
    8. Sounds like someone never got their lil orphan Annie DeCoder ring.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    1. (Cassandra Nova isnt a mutant) Never in a million years? Thats kiiiinda painting mutants into a corner lol. surely in a million years there might be SOME reason for a mutant homeland. I Guess many people just dont know the definition of Coexisting.....To exist with someone is to coexist....
    2. Yes Yes Yes MOAR of the same PLEASE...
    3. errrr for what exactly?
    4. Well considering theres only 9 or10 human X-buddies theres gonnna have to be a lot of doubling/tripling up on the human ally's.
    Ouch.

5. Ehhh exactly why are sooo many people against the resurrecting protocols? It honestly makes more sense/ is more believable than the twists turns and retcons needed to bring a character back from the dead.
    6. She's too busy enjoying said dead people
    7. Soooo shes vile for drinking and getting tattoos for the wrong reasons?
    8. Sounds like someone never got their lil orphan Annie DeCoder ring.
    Casandra is a mutant. she created herself a body with the DNA of Xavier , ergo she is a mutant. The weakness of the mutant metaphor is that anyone can be a mutant easily.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    6. I can't believe so many are willing to go along with this 'no precogs' crap. Mystique should be looking around constant at all of these dead people and wondering WTF her beloved Irene isn't there! Aaand see #2.

7. Kitty's (not Kate) recent actions are just vile. I'm not opposed to drinking or tattooing, but the reasons for these have not been properly handled. Thankfully, she should just be able to phase the ink out of her when she gets tired of the stupid flatscan-y nonsense.
    6. That is likely going to be a plot point in X-Men #6

7. Why on God's green Earth are getting tattoos and drinking "vile"?

First decipherable message from Krakoa to Doug...

“Be sure to drink your Ovaltine”
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

In general, there seems to be a weird disconnect since the mutants are simultaneously going "we're better than humans in every way" and "we're doing terrible things, but it's okay because it's no different than what the humans are doing".

Well, which is it? Are they better than humanity, or are they no different than humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    In general, there seems to be a weird disconnect since the mutants are simultaneously going "we're better than humans in every way" and "we're doing terrible things, but it's okay because it's no different than what the humans are doing".

Well, which is it? Are they better than humanity, or are they no different than humanity?
    The latter, which is why they too aren't immune to the very human flaw of believing themselves to be better than other humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    The latter, which is why they too aren't immune to the very human flaw of believing themselves to be better than other humans.
    Well if that's supposed to be an actual theme, it isn't clear yet.