Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to that page. It's not from the X-Books where we haven't seen any of that kind of talk. It's more likely a mistake from the writer.
    It's by Gerry Duggan though, writer of two current X-books. Presumably it's how he feels Pyro and kid Cable would react, rather than them speaking for everyone.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that page. It's not from the X-Books where we haven't seen any of that kind of talk. It's more likely a mistake from the writer.
    Are you saying that Cable is wrong or is misrepresenting Xavier's position?

As far as I recall the Krakoa main island is off-limits for humans with no mutant guardian to vouch for them.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would expect another page where Pyro and Cablevwere admonished by either the Professor or Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Gruenwald View Post
    Anyone remember Bloodties where the Avengers fought SHIELD in order to help the X-men?

Because the X-men sure don't.
    Remember AvX where the Avengers stormed Utopia to kidnap Hope.... multiple times.

I think the X-Men remember that very well.

That's an interesting idea. What happens when people like Magneto and sometimes Cyclops and Emma find out that they aren't at the top of the pile, and they are actually being replaced by newer, stronger people? Post-mutants, if you will.
    There was an old What if about that idea. What if Magneto Ruled All Mutants. (The title is actually really misleading).

In it a newly born baby is discovered to be the next step above mutants and the mutants of Avalon and willing to kill to stop themselves from one day being replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There was an old What if about that idea. What if Magneto Ruled All Mutants. (The title is actually really misleading).

In it a newly born baby is discovered to be the next step above mutants and the mutants of Avalon and willing to kill to stop themselves from one day being replaced.
    A bit biblical, this story… That reminds slightly the Massacre of the Innocents by Herode.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Lose the resurrection angle (which has to happen, IMO).

Can't have the entire cast flip in and out like the Marauders.

I agree with Pixie...the resurrection aspect is going to have to go fairly soon or at the least there is going to have to be some kind of limitation put on it other than no precogs. It allows things to be too easy, which is ok for a small amount of time, but eventually it will need to be removed from the story.
    Another aspect I am not happy with is they are ALL there. Apocalypse should NOT have been invited...or at least accepted an invitation. Same with Sinister. Same with Selene Gallio. She is most definitely not a follower. She has lived for centuries as an empress, a queen and a ruler...not a submissive follower. Her whole shtick is to drain the life force from others. To live on Krakoa she has to literally give up her life.
    Which brings me to my next thought...that's exactly what Krakoa is doing! It is draining the life essence from each of the mutants on the island...oh but small amounts at a time from a large number of people is ok....? No.
    If Selene is on the island, she has to rebel. Plot a coup. SOMETHING. I can not see her being ok with an island draining her life force and can not see her staying there. It makes me wonder if Krakoa has somehow taken over Xavier and is using his powers (why would Xavier NEVER take the helmet off if he isn't having to constantly broadcast his powers over long range and constantly) to make mutants more submissive to the thought of not only coming to the island, but in the case of the X-Men returning every time they leave. It would also require massive amounts of power for Xavier to have influence of mutants like Jean, Emma, Apocalypse, Sinister (although he is messed up enough to be the one willing participant in order to have all the powers at his disposal for experimentation) and Selene, among others.
    Maybe I am just cynical and paranoid, but nothing is "this" easy and not everyone there should get along as well as they are.
    There needs to be some mutants who are not buying into this or are wanting to take it as their own. There needs to be some conflict from within and it should be time to start seeing some of that other than Shaw's proper heel turn. I would love a scene between Shaw and Selene where she says something like "I came at your request. I am still here at your request. My patience is running thin, Shaw." Or a scene between Sinister and Spiral where they compare notes on gene splicing. I love the fact that the X-Men are no longer fighting each other or other heroes...but we NEED some mutant villains here. We need actions from mutant villains, it's time to up the stakes from within or at the least show that things are being put in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    what's that from? Something to do with Strange Academy?

Super dick move from Cable.
    Savage avengers #0 by Gerry Duggan

BANNED

It's from Duggan. Not that it really matters. Cable is one person and, anyway, with the two attempts on Xavier's life (and considering Strange was on board with the attack on Utopia, back in AvX), not trusting humans that aren't closely related to mutants is just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's from Duggan. Not that it really matters. Cable is one person and, anyway, with the two attempts on Xavier's life (and considering Strange was on board with the attack on Utopia, back in AvX), not trusting humans that aren't closely related to mutants is just common sense.
    magik is a teacher on Strange school

Has Krakoa’s “mutant-draining” history and assumed present deal been mentioned or otherwise acknowledged?

I’m not necessarily opposed to Krakoa draining mutants en masse. With a few thousand active mutants on the island, the “drain” might be .01% or so... less so with Omegas residing there. Citizens of all states give something to their governments. Mutant tax is “life force”.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Has Krakoa’s “mutant-draining” history and assumed present deal been mentioned or otherwise acknowledged?

I’m not necessarily opposed to Krakoa draining mutants en masse. With a few thousand active mutants on the island, the “drain” might be .01% or so... less so with Omegas residing there. Citizens of all states give something to their governments. Mutant tax is “life force”.
    It was mentioned early on, I cant remember where. Taxation is one thing, life force is completely something different...it would seem there would be some that are not ok with that, but we have seen no dissension among the ranks as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Taxation is one thing, life force is completely something different...
    For the sake of discourse, how? I mentioned it only because it's largely nebulous comicbooky concept that barely impacts the characters until they run into a villain that sucks it. Given percentages like I mention, the populace and Krakoa might achieve equilibrium and symbiosis. 4-5 syllable cha ching

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    For the sake of discourse, how? I mentioned it only because it's largely nebulous comicbooky concept that barely impacts the characters until they run into a villain that sucks it. Given percentages like I mention, the populace and Krakoa might achieve equilibrium and symbiosis. 4-5 syllable cha ching
    With characters like Monet and how many others (who's names escape me at the moment) who have had their life forces drained against their will, why would they willingly sign up for something that is going to do the same? How is it to be trusted that Krakoa wont take too much, or start mainlining certain mutants who have stronger life forces. Money is one thing...life essence is something completely different, yeah they can be resurrected...but why force yourself into that process if you dont have to? Even being a minute amount, doesn't anyone question how that would play out over the long term?
    Then we have the mutants who do it to live like Empath and Selene...why is it ok for Krakoa and not them? There's lots of moral ambiguity in the process that seems like it is ripe for challenging.