Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Don't hate the relaunch, but as always with me, there's select few & specific characters I get invested in / attached to. Been that way with any series I got into outside of comedy.

So I am not hating DoX, but my favorites are not doing well -far as my taste goes. So it leads me to indifference regarding the New Era as a whole and and seething regarding 2 of my former favorites that I gave up on months ago & no longer like. Call me when they're fixed. lol So really I only have one fav. left. They've had nothing but cameos for the most part, so I mainly check back to the forum sporadically while having invested my attention elsewhere / better.

Far as fixing goes. Again, dig my favs. out of the trash & make them serious characters again. Let Bunn or Brisson handle them. In fact, all my favorites were great when Bunn had them. Brisson only had 1, but did very well with him.

The relaunch is doing good if they are less than 10 people complaining about it. Yes I know it is more than 10 people in reality but I also know how the internet works if people "hated" the run a thread like this would be a snowball of complaints. When people say DoX is losing its momentum and ignore the good sales pretend it is going to coming crashing down to earth keep a thread like this in mind.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-24-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    More orgies.
    Basically this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Don't hate the relaunch, but as always with me, there's select few & specific characters I get invested in / attached to. Been that way with any series I got into outside of comedy.

So I am not hating DoX, but my favorites are not doing well -far as my taste goes. So it leads me to indifference regarding the New Era as a whole and and seething regarding 2 of my former favorites that I gave up on months ago & no longer like. Call me when they're fixed. lol So really I only have one fav. left. They've had nothing but cameos for the most part, so I mainly check back to the forum sporadically while having invested my attention elsewhere / better.

Far as fixing goes. Again, dig my favs. out of the trash & make them serious characters again. Let Bunn or Brisson handle them. In fact, all my favorites were great when Bunn had them. Brisson only had 1, but did very well with him.
    Who are your favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Who are your favorites?
    Sabretooth, Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Who are your favorites?
    One was discussed in Daken's thread when it was agreed both characters suffered the exact same problem(s), except there's actually hope left for Daken. No hope left for the other, who at this point doesn't even deserve to be named. Hickman & Rosenberg finally broke me. I abandoned what was left of that ship wreckage.

Deadpol was one. But if we've only gonna get worse versions of the Daniel Way depiction, I'm out. lol Not a character I would've ever liked. Call me when KT isn't writing & we get another Duggan / Bunn / Joel. Again, another wrecked ship I had to abandon.

Monet is another. Had a rough patch with her for X-Factor, but she was enjoyable in everything after that -except Pak's Weapon X, where all the characters sucked. lol If you are hoping for a serious story with legit character work.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-24-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

They should give Bunn a villains book or something like the Extinction Team. There's a ton of villains on Krakoa, it would be fun to see a team made up of former evil mutants. They could be Xavie and Magneto's secret team that no one knows about (with a secretly free Sabretooth of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They should give Bunn a villains book or something like the Extinction Team. There's a ton of villains on Krakoa, it would be fun to see a team made up of former evil mutants. They could be Xavie and Magneto's secret team that no one knows about (with a secretly free ______ of course).
    Would be nice, but X-Office has shown repeatedly they don't give a flying fig about villains that aren't Magneto & Mystique.

So Job needs to just stay underground. He's not good for anything above it. Outside #1 Scapegoat -willingly or otherwise, which Hickman shamelessly reinforced in HOX. In which case, we've seen too much of him. The franchise is not short on jobbers.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-24-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Fantastic Member

Ok so a bit of a rough draft what I would do.... I still like the idea of the Sinister breeding pits and copying mutants. I can even live with Moira and her powers but explain it a little more. I would get rid of the idea of Krakoa though. I think I'd change that to Genosha. As far as gateways and all I think I'd have someone like Forge making a few Seige Courageous gateways that connect back to Genosha. When it comes to mutant resurrection I definitely wouldnt be using Goldballs and the rest. I would have Elixir do the resurrecting along with soneone like Sage or even bringing back Cortez to boost his abilities. If we had to include others then fine Hope can join and so can Triage. The manufacturing of drugs works fine too which is what I might use Proteus for as far as altering reality or the structure of these drugs to be able to do what they do.

Switching gears just a little and going with team structure, I dont think I'd have Cyclops operate from the moon. I'd play on Asteroid M and the idea of a space station bases on the real international one. Basically call it Space station x. It orbits earth every 90 minutes like the international space station and this serves as the base for Cyclops' rapid response Xmen team. Tgis team is as follows: Cyclops. Jean Grey. Wolverine. Storm. Colossus. Nightcrawler.
    Rogue. Gambit

Xcorp is the New mutants/Generation X combo and they do the job of the Marauders in the current books. This team is as follows: Sunspot. Cannonball. Mirage. Magik. Karma. Wolfsbane. Chamber. Monet. Petra (yeah I'd bring her back)

Xfactor-( actually owned and run by a megacorporation in conjunction with government sponsorship. Similar to a defense contractor)
    Polaris. Forge. Kitty. Psylocke. Archangel. Bishop. Banshee. Rachel Grey. Frenzy

Xforce/Hellfire- (Mutant CIA) Magneto. Emma Frost. Mystique. Exodus. Unuscione. Warpath. Domino.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Any title can be read individually, the only “ties” until now have been a character stating an event that happened in another book (Bishop in Mauraders and Magneto in Fallen Angels saying that Xavier was killed and that’s literally it), nothing that requires to read another book to understand what’s happening in one favorite book. Nobody is forced to buy ALL the books, unless they want to; there are no crossovers or books starting from event happened in previous books, except for House of X obviously. If someone feels compelled to buy a whole line for whatever reason it’s his problem, the great majority of people buy the books they like, regardless of lines, genres and so on and they shouldn’t be limited by a minority that because for some reason need to buy EVERYTHING then they expect that EVERYTHING must fit their budget. Buy what you like and can afford as any sensible person does and you won’t have problems.
    That's great, still too many titles out there right now.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The relaunch is doing good if they are less than 10 people complaining about it. Yes I know it is more than 10 people in reality but I also know how the internet works if people "hated" the run a thread like this would be a snowball of complaints. When people say DoX is losing its momentum and ignore the good sales pretend it is going to coming crashing down to earth keep a thread like this in mind.
    Stop it, you big meanie!!! Don't kill their joy ... Let the disgruntled kids have their fun.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I would have every story focus on my favorite characters and have the characters I dislike never show up on panel except to be insulted and humiliated.

I also would like the mutant as a metaphor thing to never make me feel uncomfortable or question myself because I don't think thats what fiction is supposed to do. I would like it to make me feel good about myself and no one else.

Thank you.
    Pretty much sums it up right here. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I would have every story focus on my favorite characters and have the characters I dislike never show up on panel except to be insulted and humiliated.

I also would like the mutant as a metaphor thing to never make me feel uncomfortable or question myself because I don't think thats what fiction is supposed to do. I would like it to make me feel good about myself and no one else.

Thank you.
    LOL.

I LOVE the data pages. There's a lot to this new world that I'm glad isn't getting drowned out in unnatural and drawn out exposition.

I really like the era as a whole and the direction of the line. It is a strange new world with a bunch of familiar characters and themes. However, every big era is usually marked by a large costume shift and I wish there were more interesting costume designs across the board.

I think there are a couple of artists I'd trade out to increase notability or just to be a bit more daring and I wished the flagship felt like it was more important than it seems so far.

I would have given Al Ewing, Vita Ayala, and Russell Dauterman books in the first wave.

I'd probably merge Fallen Angels and X-Force, keeping Psylocke/Kwannon as a focal character.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Ok so a bit of a rough draft what I would do.... I still like the idea of the Sinister breeding pits and copying mutants. I can even live with Moira and her powers but explain it a little more. I would get rid of the idea of Krakoa though. I think I'd change that to Genosha. As far as gateways and all I think I'd have someone like Forge making a few Seige Courageous gateways that connect back to Genosha. When it comes to mutant resurrection I definitely wouldnt be using Goldballs and the rest. I would have Elixir do the resurrecting along with soneone like Sage or even bringing back Cortez to boost his abilities. If we had to include others then fine Hope can join and so can Triage. The manufacturing of drugs works fine too which is what I might use Proteus for as far as altering reality or the structure of these drugs to be able to do what they do.

Switching gears just a little and going with team structure, I dont think I'd have Cyclops operate from the moon. I'd play on Asteroid M and the idea of a space station bases on the real international one. Basically call it Space station x. It orbits earth every 90 minutes like the international space station and this serves as the base for Cyclops' rapid response Xmen team. Tgis team is as follows: Cyclops. Jean Grey. Wolverine. Storm. Colossus. Nightcrawler.
    Rogue. Gambit

Xcorp is the New mutants/Generation X combo and they do the job of the Marauders in the current books. This team is as follows: Sunspot. Cannonball. Mirage. Magik. Karma. Wolfsbane. Chamber. Monet. Petra (yeah I'd bring her back)

Xfactor-( actually owned and run by a megacorporation in conjunction with government sponsorship. Similar to a defense contractor)
    Polaris. Forge. Kitty. Psylocke. Archangel. Bishop. Banshee. Rachel Grey. Frenzy

Xforce/Hellfire- (Mutant CIA) Magneto. Emma Frost. Mystique. Exodus. Unuscione. Warpath. Domino.
    These are some relatively minor but pretty solid ideas
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Folks really need to step back and take a breath here. These titles are only at issue #2 at this point, and have yet to really find their groove, and I honestly think we're doing them a disservice by nitpicking and complaining about them this early. Check back in a couple more issues and then give a critique, to be fair. I figure this reaction is a symptom of the modern "instant gratification" culture ("I want what I want NOWNOWNOW!"), but it may not be fair to writers who may simply have a longer vision for where they want these plots and characters to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.