Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it be a shame, he hasnt lost his edge but is so much more dynamic and interesting this way in my opinion at least, it be a pity if he reverted so soon
    After power of x, i do agree, but is not the same Apocalypse, maybe the fall happen in different order, he "betray" them but Moira revealing herself makes him back on track.

But i blame Hickman for this, he show me the main event in the begining, post-humanity, so now, i dont care about this new villains, they dont feel big for me. The big thing is Orchis and the Phalanx.

Thats why i revert back to the mutant villains, they are way more cooler that the human ones, making Magneto a hero was controversial at the time and we know that many writers dislike that, losing another great villain without a worthy replacement can be hard.

The problem is that Apocalypse was always one of those Really Big Deal villains, so the problem with the demons has to so dire that it requires his help. I don't have confidence in the writing to make that a reality. Otherwise you make the 'heroes' look like total idiots for working with him in the first place, let alone putting him in charge.

My favorite fan theory for Moira is that mutants always lose BECAUSE of her, and universes where they flourish are ones where she's either not around or has no powers. The best theory I've seen is that because her powers supposedly destroy the universe when she dies, there's been a major karmic backlash from the universe itself against her. That's why things seem to get worse for her as time goes on. Wiping out all life in the universe 9 times puts you in the crosshairs of some big, and weird players.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The problem is that Apocalypse was always one of those Really Big Deal villains, so the problem with the demons has to so dire that it requires his help. I don't have confidence in the writing to make that a reality. Otherwise you make the 'heroes' look like total idiots for working with him in the first place, let alone putting him in charge.

My favorite fan theory for Moira is that mutants always lose BECAUSE of her, and universes where they flourish are ones where she's either not around or has no powers. The best theory I've seen is that because her powers supposedly destroy the universe when she dies, there's been a major karmic backlash from the universe itself against her. That's why things seem to get worse for her as time goes on. Wiping out all life in the universe 9 times puts you in the crosshairs of some big, and weird players.
    he hasn’t been a realistic treat in ages ; let’s not kid ourselves and it’s obvious saving arrako will be important for the island, and they need his help because he was there when the separation first came and he saved the world sacrificing his horsemen that are implied to his first children, there is more going on but you could absorb the information before making theories
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-24-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Sorry, I can't hear "demons from a portal to hell" and imagine Apocalypse as being the one they need. That really sounds like the kind of thing you ask Dr. Strange for help. Has Apocalypse even told the others about Arakko and Krakoa? I can't remember when that information came up.

And I admit I forgot most of what happened in that issue. I was fixated on the sheer stupidity of Kid Cable giving a live grenade to a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That one character is so important is a anomaly to me… and a weird Hickman's idea (the mutants should put her under a glass dome just in case… for everyone's sake).

But, above all, Xavier and Magneto conforming to an oracle… it destroys them as stubborn and independent characters.

Hickman's run is considered as a revival by many. For me, it's a deconstruction. And I can't say I'm happy with what Hickman makes with the debris.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Hickman's run is considered as a revival by many. For me, it's a deconstruction. And I can't say I'm happy with what Hickman makes with the debris.
    I think it's both. It's a deconstruction which has made them relevant again. It's given the X-men new territory to explore which can be mined for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I think it's both. It's a deconstruction which has made them relevant again. It's given the X-men new territory to explore which can be mined for decades.
    It made them into the Inhumans whereas the previous effort was to make the Inhumans into the X-Men when the rights to the Mutants in other media was in jeopardy. That what this run feels like an Inhumans pitch adapted to make the Xbooks fit.

But to the question of what I would want to see changed about the current run?
    The Lettering. I cannot stand upper/lower font in comics for some reason. I couldn’t get used to it last time either. ��*♂️

But

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It made them into the Inhumans whereas the previous effort was to make the Inhumans into the X-Men when the rights to the Mutants in other media was in jeopardy. That what this run feels like an Inhumans pitch adapted to make the Xbooks fit.
    Errr What woulda been the pitch? Have a homeland for all Inhumans??
    GrindrStone(D)