Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Oops, I think I read the title wrong. Don't mind this message.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-24-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Folks really need to step back and take a breath here. These titles are only at issue #2 at this point, and have yet to really find their groove, and I honestly think we're doing them a disservice by nitpicking and complaining about them this early. Check back in a couple more issues and then give a critique, to be fair. I figure this reaction is a symptom of the modern "instant gratification" culture ("I want what I want NOWNOWNOW!"), but it may not be fair to writers who may simply have a longer vision for where they want these plots and characters to go.
    HiX-Man seems to not care about the disgruntled critiques and personal gripes...and I would like to believe he would have instructed the others go do the same. He made it quite clear he's there to do a job and follow his vision as X-writer/director regardless of what the fanbase may say and think.
    And rightly so.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HiX-Man seems to not care about the disgruntled critiques and personal gripes...and I would like to believe he would have instructed the others go do the same. He made it quite clear he's there to do a job and follow his vision as X-writer/director regardless of what the fanbase may say and think.
    And rightly so.
    It shouldn't put him above critique though, nor should readers be discouraged from voicing their dissatisfaction with how they perceive the series to be going. This isn't like a full novel that you can sit down read in one session, there's a month at least between issues. If people find it lack-luster so far, what's the big deal about saying so? About making our voices known as consumers? It's no less than what anyone else here has done in the past.

Yeah, that's kind of part and parcel to serialized media. You judge each episode/issue/whatever as it comes out. In comics, sometimes stories do so bad they don't make it to 4 issues. Some get cancellation notices as early as issue 2, and an ongoing series suddenly become a 5 issue mini. That's just how comic books work. They don't have the luxury of 'wait till the full story is out till you judge it'.

Folks really need to step back and take a breath here. These titles are only at issue #2 at this point, and have yet to really find their groove, and I honestly think we're doing them a disservice by nitpicking and complaining about them this early. Check back in a couple more issues and then give a critique, to be fair. I figure this reaction is a symptom of the modern "instant gratification" culture ("I want what I want NOWNOWNOW!"), but it may not be fair to writers who may simply have a longer vision for where they want these plots and characters to go.
    If we do that then there would be no CBR =)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    If we do that then there would be no CBR =)
    With how Claremont wrote...I shudder to think what the reactions would be if we had CBR back in the 8O's.
    The letters pages of the time were quite similarly...eye opening, as they were.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-24-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Needs more Dazzler.

With how Claremont wrote...I shudder to think what the reactions would be if we had CBR back in the 8O's.
    The letters pages of the time were quite similarly...eye opening, as they were.
    Madelyne Pryor would probably have some topics.

On a more seriouss note. Critique of a comic as it is very valid and helpful for the community and the writer. As long as it is fair. Some posts aren't fair but many are. Everything from the positive to the negative. I like the qoute "If I believe the positive reviews I have to believe the negative ones to" (can't find the source or make sure it's properly qouted). It's easy to missuse it but for me roughly works out like ignore the most positive ones and the most negative one and in the middle you will find something close to the truth. All in all writers shouldn't need to hear from us. It's the editors that should be on top of this. Sadly the trust between fans and editors have eroded over the years.

And rightly so.
    Why does it bother you so much that others dont like X-Men's new direction as much as you?

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Why does it bother you so much that others dont like X-Men's new direction as much as you?
    Seriously. This thread was clearly marked. For those that are happy with Hickman, I don't know why they even bothered coming into the thread. People can post what they want, but coming in here with those mocking tones seem unnecessary considering that the thread was respectful in their criticisms.

BANNED

I would reinstate Brian Braddock as Captain Britain by issue 6 and make Betsy Britannic or something, seeing how she can not be Psylocke anymore for some reason.

- Needs a new Brotherhood team
    - Bring back Silver Samurai and have he and Sunfire hang out in a book like Fallen Angels
    - Bring back the Acolytes
    - Reform the Sisterhood
    - Bring back Danger and Dr Nemesis
    - Make Vulcan great again
    - Bring back Mikhail
    - Rasputin siblings reunion
    - Confrontation with the Pretender and Quicksilver
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

BANNED

I'm not unhappy with the relaunch as a whole, but with Excalibur. So far, the pitch of the book doesn't seem to go as deep as it could into the whole relationship with mutants and magic, judging from published issues and solicitations.

I also don't think Fallen Angels shouldn't exist and it's concept could be split between books like X-Men, New Mutants and X-Force.

I find people always give this advice but it rarely follows through.

I can't think of the last time a book did a 180 or even 90 degree angle in writing quality. I agree that it's early, but some of the complaint's we're giving out a) should've been addressed early given that reactions now would feel delayed (resurrection implications, reactions to villains) and b) are first impression critiques (characterization, pacing, etc..). Neither of which are invalid.

Also in general; the sentiments "I'm enjoying this so don't complain" and "the internet is made for complaining" isn't the point of this thread, so why do people feel the need to hop in here and try to argue with someone else's point of view on why they may not be enjoying this direction or have issue(s) with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    - Needs a new Brotherhood team
    - Bring back Silver Samurai and have he and Sunfire hang out in a book like Fallen Angels
    - Bring back the Acolytes
    - Reform the Sisterhood
    - Bring back Danger and Dr Nemesis
    - Make Vulcan great again
    - Bring back Mikhail
    - Rasputin siblings reunion
    - Confrontation with the Pretender and Quicksilver
    Having a new Brotherhood would be redundant at this point, no?