Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel Ultraman Comics To Arrive In 2020

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...arrive-in-2020

“As one of the world’s most popular franchises, Ultraman has brought together some of the most passionate fandoms in pop culture today, and we can’t wait to bring his story to even more fans around the globe,” said Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski. “Like Marvel, Ultraman captivated generations by telling spectacular stories grounded in the real world, and it continues to be a beloved classic through its television shows, movies, toys, games, comics, and more. We are so thrilled to introduce new chapters to the Ultraman Multiverse next year.”
    “We are delighted to announce the partnership with Marvel, one of the leading entertainment companies that has produced fascinating characters and stories loved by fans across the globe for over 80 years,” said Tsuburaya Production CEO Takayuki Tsukagoshi. “We can’t be more excited to explore and create new stories for the Ultraman franchise with Marvel and bringing them to both Marvel and Ultraman fans all around the world.”
    SASUGA, CEBULSKI. ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well now, that's plenty damn awesome!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well this is a surprise considering Tsubaraya was having legal battle over the rights of the franchise's characters for decades and now the lawsuit is over. With the company intending to expand the franchise on international overseas unlike it's other contemporary Kamen Rider with their official YouTube channel post episodes of old and new series without region restriction, they did a mini series targeted at Japanese and English audience (with English subtitles and dub), bringing the Ultraman Manga series into a Netflix anime is a good idea.

I hope Toei learn Tsubaraya's to make Kamen Rider and Super Sentai available outside of Japan.
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 11-23-2019 at 04:46 AM.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

YEEEEEEAAAAH BABY!

The Ultramen are my favorite superheroes (naturally, as a big kaiju fan). Very much looking forward to this, the new Japanese movie (Shin Ultraman), and the continued Blu-ray releases of the dozens of shows and movies we're getting!

LOl I thought it said ultraverse comics at first and got excited. Lol. I have a soft spot for ultraman. Even liked the fox box series. Have a japan ultraman kids book in my book collection. (wish I could read Japanese) Marvel did power rangers, masked rider and vr trooper comics in the 90s so it makes sense to go to them. Will this series be canon with the marvel universe like shogun warriors and Godzilla or is it it's own universe?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    I hope Toei learn Tsubaraya's to make Kamen Rider and Super Sentai available outside of Japan.
    Until recently, Super Sentai DVDs have been available in the U.S. through Shout! Factory. Though, those seem to be on indefinite hiatus.

there's no excuse. crossover with Red Ronin and that new Kaiju boy character.

Kid Kaiju.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    LOl I thought it said ultraverse comics at first and got excited. Lol. I have a soft spot for ultraman. Even liked the fox box series. Have a japan ultraman kids book in my book collection. (wish I could read Japanese) Marvel did power rangers, masked rider and vr trooper comics in the 90s so it makes sense to go to them. Will this series be canon with the marvel universe like shogun warriors and Godzilla or is it it's own universe?
    I expect it'll be based on the first TV series (in much the same way the current Power Rangers comics are, except they won't expect you to have seen the show), thus, it's own universe.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Until recently, Super Sentai DVDs have been available in the U.S. through Shout! Factory. Though, those seem to be on indefinite hiatus.
    Yeah, seems like some problem happened when Hasbro took over Saban Brands, because that's when they stopped.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

When is the crossover with Leopardon?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Huge Ultraman fan over here. It says Ultraman Multiverse so I hope that means we'll be seeing a lot of familiar faces

Don't forget American Kaiju as well.

Akira Yoshida is self-actualizing.

Cebulski's Japanese inspiration has actually worked out positively .
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    I'd love for more official Kamen Rider stuff in the US, but I think it's been said that the licensing costs for it are too high and they don't believe there's a big enough audience for it outside Japan.

Incredible Member

Another character from the Marvel Universe that would be a natural to butt heads with Ultraman would no doubt be one who challenged both Godzilla and the Shogun Warriors during their time in the Marvel Universe. Monster maker Doctor Demonicus. ,a guy I've been waiting to see make a comeback. Or else the Leviathan Mother from the Monsters Unleashed event might make a return as well.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    When is the crossover with Leopardon?
    Leopardon belongs to Toei, but since Marvel's already working with Toei to produce anime like Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers and Future Avengers, I'm hoping we can get tokusatsu Spider-Man back for a series, limited or ongoing. And yes, if Marvel and Toei are working together to produce anime, I'd love to see a relaunch/reboot along the lines of SSSS.Gridman for toku Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cebulski's Japanese inspiration has actually worked out positively .

I'd love for more official Kamen Rider stuff in the US, but I think it's been said that the licensing costs for it are too high and they don't believe there's a big enough audience for it outside Japan.
    As someone who loved Kamen Rider Dragon Knight from 10 years ago, that is a shame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.