Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

What the frickety-frack? Is this for real? If it is, I'm SOLD! As a Filipino who was graced with watching Tagalog dubs of the Ultra Series on local TV, you have no idea how happy this makes me.

Say it with me, people!

SCHWAAAAAA!
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

That Alex Ross image was done several years ago, commissioned by Tsuburaya for special DVD releases of their earliest shows... and all the images produced by that collaboration are awesome! Would love to see him back to do something. His work really captures that bold, movie poster feel that giant monsters deserve!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As someone who loved Kamen Rider Dragon Knight from 10 years ago, that is a shame.
    The thing I love most about Dragon Knight is for it's theme song and introducing me to the franchise .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The thing I love most about Dragon Knight is for it's theme song and introducing me to the franchise .
    English or Japanese? Because the Japanese loved KRDK so much they not only dubbed it, they made their own theme song for it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

English or Japanese? Because the Japanese loved KRDK so much they not only dubbed it, they made their own theme song for it.
    True dat. "Dive Into the Mirror" was awesome, that and how they built up "Dragon Knight" as a strong standalone to the rest of "KR."

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    True dat. "Dive Into the Mirror" was awesome, that and how they built up "Dragon Knight" as a strong standalone to the rest of "KR."
    Indeed. One of the things I loved most was the surprising amount of moral complexity and realism allowed with the characters. For one, nobody had to be brainwashed to work for or side with the villain; he just had to dangle something they wanted badly enough in front of them to get them dancing to his tune and fighting for him, even if they didn't know his real agenda and in some cases, if they did know, they couldn't do anything about it because he had them trapped. In that same vein, there were also great moments of inner conflict with the heroes as they struggled to do the right thing, even if they didn't quite know what it was, and coped with the legacy of past losses and betrayals.

Oh, and who can forget all that sick motorcycle action?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Current "KR" doesn't seem to do much with the "Rider" aspect of their heroes anymore compared to the past. At best the motorcycles now feel like window dressing.

And Xaviax was a better antagonist than Shiro Kanzaki.

Funny how that works, because in America it got it's timeslot yanked a couple of episodes from the end so they had to put those final episodes online, in Germany it got cancelled mid-run, and no UK broadcaster ever bought the show. Unfortunately, that proves that KR has no audience outside Japan.

Leopardon belongs to Toei, but since Marvel's already working with Toei to produce anime like Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers and Future Avengers, I'm hoping we can get tokusatsu Spider-Man back for a series, limited or ongoing. And yes, if Marvel and Toei are working together to produce anime, I'd love to see a relaunch/reboot along the lines of SSSS.Gridman for toku Spidey.
    Apparently toku Spidey will be in the second Spider-Verse movie, and of course, the comics already used him too. So Marvel can use Leopardon. I think Toei would object to it being used in anything Ultraman related though.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-23-2019 at 08:31 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Both .
    Oh, and who can forget all that sick motorcycle action?
    About the one thing I give Dragon Knight a leg up on to Ryuki is actually giving the Riders cool bikes (not counting the Survive Final Vents).

If the franchise cross paths I want to see Ultraman Zero team up with Exiles since Zero along with team Ultimate Zero (most of them being expies of non-Ultra Tsubaraya series).

I want to see Ultraman King or Ultraman Noa have a battle with Galactus or Beyonder.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'm ready for those inevitable crossover variant covers. Actually I will buy every variant cover.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

The Official Ultraman Youtube Channel has reached 1 million in May, 2020 and has been awarded the YouTube Gold Creator Award. The channel decided to upload a video with the Ultra Heroes thanking its subscribers with each Ultra in the video thanking in different languages. While I do wish they did the Arabic format better, I still geeked out that us Arab fans got noticed.

The video also includes optional English subtitles.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

First issue comes out on Wednesday. Here's a preview: