Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    My spies have already confirmed that Pendaran has re-painted his van with the much more metal image of Kylo Rex, so take his posts with a grain of salt. This is clearly just his shame speaking.
    You're verging on gas station sushi tray at this point dudeski.

    Picture a Said Taghmaoui from Three Kings delivery of that sentence and you're about where you are ;p

  2. #17
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The naboo fighters aren't alone in the air either; don't forget the 20 snowdspeeders, the Fetts, and the speeder bikes can get fairly decent altitude as well, probably at least as good as a light helicopter.
    Thatís true. While I do have some doubts about how useful most of those would be in any aerial combat, they would serve well as cannon fodder to help keep the Naboo fighters alive longer.

    Still, thereís a lot that can go wrong for team Star Wars even if they manage to take out the Helicarrier relatively quickly so I feel team MCU has a better chance at winning regardless. Even if it might not be as quick or one sided as I originally believed.

  3. #18
    Fantastic Member Harbinger19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    KY, US
    Posts
    449

    Default

    If the Fetts get Slave I with their prep time I see the helicarriers getting seismic-shellacked pretty quickly.

    https://www.starwars.com/video/seismic-charges
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

    "This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

    "I will kill, I will let live..."

    --Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    You're verging on gas station sushi tray at this point dudeski.

    Picture a Said Taghmaoui from Three Kings delivery of that sentence and you're about where you are ;p
    I have already sampled the unholy Arby's "ocean meat" menu and survived. Do your worst!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I have already sampled the unholy Arby's "ocean meat" menu and survived. Do your worst!
    What is the problem with Michael Jackson?

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    What is the problem with Michael Jackson?
    ...I don't wanna play anymore.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    ...I don't wanna play anymore.
    The King of Pop. Hoo hoo. Hee hee.

    Anyway...

    *screencaps this response for posterity* ;p

  8. #23
    Mighty Member Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That true. While I do have some doubts about how useful most of those would be in any aerial combat, they would serve well as cannon fodder to help keep the Naboo fighters alive longer.

    Still, there’s a lot that can go wrong for team Star Wars even if they manage to take out the Helicarrier relatively quickly so I feel team MCU has a better chance at winning regardless. Even if it might not be as quick or one sided as I originally believed.
    Mysterio could be a problem with his illusions, but I think the Force users will be able to see through that. Thanos and his Black Order could be a problem too, particularly the one with tk, though there are probably enough tk Force users to counter. Loki could also try something with his illusions, but once again, the Force users can probably see through it.

    I don't really see a big problem that the SW side would run into more often than not that a force users couldn't counter. That brings us back to relatively conventional firepower and armor, and the SW side has a lot more of that, at least if the insight carrier is successfully brought down early enough.

  9. #24
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Mysterio could be a problem with his illusions, but I think the Force users will be able to see through that. Thanos and his Black Order could be a problem too, particularly the one with tk, though there are probably enough tk Force users to counter. Loki could also try something with his illusions, but once again, the Force users can probably see through it.

    I don't really see a big problem that the SW side would run into more often than not that a force users couldn't counter. That brings us back to relatively conventional firepower and armor, and the SW side has a lot more of that, at least if the insight carrier is successfully brought down early enough.
    The force users, sadly, have exactly ZERO feats for seeing through illusions, technilogical or magical.

    And you are vastly underestimating the Edith drones: there are thousands of them, and they are faster than almost all the SW firepower (flying down from orbit to Italy in seconds) and most definitely capable of hurting it. And they are invisible and hiding behind illusions. The SW folks will spend most of their time shooting each other, thanks to the illusions, and in between, the THOUSANDS of Edith drones, who are trivially capable of destroying buildings and such, will hammer anything that isn't shot by a friend. And this is before Maw and Thanos and everyone else get involved.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;"
    - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."

    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics."
    -Captain Morgan

  10. #25
    Mighty Member Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The force users, sadly, have exactly ZERO feats for seeing through illusions, technilogical or magical.

    And you are vastly underestimating the Edith drones: there are thousands of them, and they are faster than almost all the SW firepower (flying down from orbit to Italy in seconds) and most definitely capable of hurting it. And they are invisible and hiding behind illusions. The SW folks will spend most of their time shooting each other, thanks to the illusions, and in between, the THOUSANDS of Edith drones, who are trivially capable of destroying buildings and such, will hammer anything that isn't shot by a friend. And this is before Maw and Thanos and everyone else get involved.
    In Return of the Jedi Vader was able to sense Luke's presence even though he hadn't seen him or gotten any information that he would be there.

  11. #26
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    In Return of the Jedi Vader was able to sense Luke's presence even though he hadn't seen him or gotten any information that he would be there.
    Not precisely enough to target. He sensed that something was there.

    Luke wasn't really trying to hide from Vader, and couldn't have anyway.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;"
    - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."

    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics."
    -Captain Morgan

  12. #27
    Mighty Member moonknight11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,542

    Default

    Hmmm I'm not sure how powerful the naboo fighters are.

    If they were x wings yeah Star wars would have the fire power to annihilate the Hydra carrier but I would have to rewatch phantom menace and you can't make me do that

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Not precisely enough to target. He sensed that something was there.

    Luke wasn't really trying to hide from Vader, and couldn't have anyway.
    In the very first Star Wars movie ever made, Luke blocks blaster fire as a TOTAL novice with his vision completely obstructed. Trying to then say Mysterio illusions would bug them when the Peter Tingle sorted them out just feels off. They don't need visual sight at all to ascertain the truth of things.

    I don't disagree with your assessment on the thread in general (unless the Naboo star fighters are better then I remember), just this one component.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  14. #29
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,034

    Default

    In all fairness, pretty much the first piece of Jedi Training that Luke undertook was blocking light blasterbolts from a drone while blindfolded.

    That being said, as HK-47 would point out, Jedi can usually only do stuff like that if they know to expect it in the first place, and can be overwhelmed if enough attacks come at once, and EDITH was not common knowledge and has a *lot* of drones.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In all fairness, pretty much the first piece of Jedi Training that Luke undertook was blocking light blasterbolts from a drone while blindfolded.

    That being said, as HK-47 would point out, Jedi can usually only do stuff like that if they know to expect it in the first place, and can be overwhelmed if enough attacks come at once, and EDITH was not common knowledge and has a *lot* of drones.
    EDITH was pretty common knowledge by the end of the movie though. The news + throngs of people observed the illusions dropping and reported on it iirc.

    There are.... a LOT of drones though, yes. I also maintain that sabers are worse against solid bullets then blasters.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •