Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Probably gave that "Eternals" trade a dash of magic from his writing of you-know-what.
    I’m actually not a fan of Gaiman. Stardust was fun, but silly. American Gods is STRAIGHT up my alley but I found the novel boring and the series trash.

Spectacular Member

Or you could have a Krakoa with Xavier wiping everyone's memory of mutants. A tad extreme, but that rings right with the Krakoan business.
    That said, considering how sterile and casuals-prioritizing MCU is, I have zero hype for mutants' cinematic future...

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking that the Eternals movie will be where they give either overt or covert implications as to the origin of Mutants.
    I really hope they do this. It's the actual origin of mutants in the comics, even though many writers seem to forget this fact. Eternals/Deviants/X-gene Mutants are all Celestial experiments.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

I though this was a pretty good idea too and pretty easily done

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/09...*****s-marvel/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The Neil Gaiman trade is supposedly a good story, and Marvel sees it as an opportunity to build defunct brands and sell more merch to under-represented identities. I mean, how many middle eastern superheroes can you name?

As for X-Men, I kind of prefer the x-gene to a mysterious plot device, and the heroics are just how it’s dealt with. If it were up to me, MCU Charlie would be mind wiping entire cities for years. Have the X-Men be an actual super-secret group of secret supers. I don’t need an explanation. Powers are random, and away we go!
    Im actually not against the idea of Charles mindwiping cities and countries for years. In fact this could be a way to build a bigger story with the Illuminati and maybe something like Secret Wars as the next big arc. This can introduce the Fantastic Four as well. I know the death of Tony Stark would be a bit of an issue for the Illuminati but maybe that can be worked around by doing the flashback method from Civil War and telling Tony's origin and the reveal of Arno Stark while having Arno Stark be the one to have assembled or be assembling the Illuminati