Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Impact of Krakoan drugs on the larger MU?

Off the top my head, the mind drug could cure Moon Knight, Deadpool, Typhoid Mary, Norman Osborn and a bunch of villains.

The HP drug could extend Aunt May life and ensure Spideyholds off from making deals with the devil for at least a couple of in universe years.

Idk much about Thor mythology? Does Jane Foster still have cancer? If so Krakoa can help with that I guess.

The two big factors that could prevent Krakoa from affecting other stories:
    - it's been stated to only be for humans. What is the definition of human? Do Deadpool or Thyphoid Mary count?
    - human bigotry preventing them to use mutant drugs. Osborn and Moon Knight for instance are notoriously anti mutant, making it so their statu quo can remain unchanged as long as its understood they're creating their own problems by refusing to be cured.

What other instances of Krakoan drugs affecting Marvel characters can you think of? Can they cure IronMan and Carol Danvers of their alcoholism or sociopathy? Or restore Daredevil's sight? Discuss.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Jane Foster also is leery of "magical/instant" shortcuts to her cancer.

What does Yusuf Khan (Kamala's dad) think of taking Krakoan (for his unspecified terminal condition) in relation to his faith?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post

What does Yusuf Khan (Kamala's dad) think of taking Krakoan (for his unspecified terminal condition) in relation to his faith?
    Thats a very strange insinuation you are making.

1. How is his religion relevant in this scenario as there isn't an issue with medical treatment in general.
    2. Krakoan medicine is just that medicine
    3. He is accepting of his daughter who is an inhuman

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think Yusuf ever learned Kamala was Ms. Marvel or even an Inhuman. Even her mom lost her memories of it in the current "Magnificent" run. But okay, perhaps Yusuf is pretty open-minded about stuff, considering he works at a bank that he would be accused of usury by his son (Aamir was pretty rigid in the beginning that he would be turned off by an Islamic banking institution). And during ANAD Avengers he did pretty much gave open permission for his daughter to go on a trip with Tony Stark (cover for their space mission).

So fine, benefit of the doubt, even if the Krakoan medicine is being traded by people being trumpeted as "new gods." And is Krakoan medicine just medicine? Perhaps the enigma of whether each drug is a one-dose cure-all or one that needs to be taken regularly may figure into their nature.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I don't think Yusuf ever learned Kamala was Ms. Marvel or even an Inhuman. Even her mom lost her memories of it in the current "Magnificent" run. But okay, perhaps Yusuf is pretty open-minded about stuff, considering he works at a bank that he would be accused of usury by his son (Aamir was pretty rigid in the beginning that he would be turned off by an Islamic banking institution). And during ANAD Avengers he did pretty much gave open permission for his daughter to go on a trip with Tony Stark (cover for their space mission).
    Actually, Kamala's mother told him, only for both parents to be memory wiped at the end of that arc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I’d say the deal the dugs have bought will have the greatest effect, since it and recent evens in the main universe have refocused attention on that other great fear of Marvel civilians: fear of being ruled by a superhuman/posthuman elite.

Which I’d wager probably factors into Xavier’s plan somewhat, though there are certain possibilities of it backfiring (a genetic arms race needs... raw material, afterall)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Thats a very strange insinuation you are making.

1. How is his religion relevant in this scenario as there isn't an issue with medical treatment in general.
    2. Krakoan medicine is just that medicine
    Is it strange? I mean..... offensive yes but strange?

No one else in the Marvel Universe respects SpiderMan why should mutants?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

For a long time, he had better relations with the X-Men than he did with the likes of the Avengers, given that like the X-Men, he was feared and hated by the public, albeit thanks to a long campaign of demonization by a certain influential member of the press. Of course, Spider-Man's reputation with the public gradually improved despite that, whereas for the X-Men, things have only deteriorated further, going into outright attempts at genocide against them sanctioned by the U.S. and other governments, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

I got the impression that plenty of people respect him (certainly more than they do Steve, Tony, Thor and Carol at this stage), it’s that very, very few people like him due to his attitude.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I got the impression that plenty of people respect him (certainly more than they do Steve, Tony, Thor and Carol at this stage), it’s that very, very few people like him due to his attitude.
    Civil Wars, Secret Empire . . . yeah, there's plenty of reason to not respect those particular four heroes these days.

The thing is that Spider-Man cracks all those jokes because he's actually deeply mired in a guilt complex over his Uncle Ben and pretty much anyone and everyone else he couldn't or failed to save and doesn't want anyone knowing how scared, guilty, and alone he really feels, though since his jokes rub so many people the wrong way, it makes finding someone to commiserate with quite difficult.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    He has been around for a while and I guess people are used to him. He acts solo and is never involved in controversial affairs.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Krakoan drugs are not able to cure cancer. Jane Foster is already healthy, but the cancer that Aunt May suffers is not affected. Deadpool's mental illness is directly related to his cancer and how it affects his brain, so it won't have an effect on him either.

Typhoid Mary is mutant so mental illness drugs have no effect on her. It is likely that in metahuman psyches such as Hulk or Green Goblin they will not work either. The drug probably only works in normal mental illnesses, in cases like Osborn to cure it you would have to extract the Goblin Serum. In Hulk his mental illness has been linked to his gamma mutation.

And I really can't think of almost any case in which a superhero had a problem with an infection.

The three types of drugs are really designed to affect the rest of the MU relatively little.

BANNED

Aunt may was vaccinated against the spider island virus right ? The vaccine was give everyone a small useless super power ( the ability to know always where I’d the
    North) so she is not really human anymore

And the father of Kamala khan is a latent inhuman so no drug for him

BANNED

Taking care of one's health is an obligation in Islam. Idk the character but if his condition is terminal and there's a readily available, not taking it would be a grave sin.
    Î'm going to overlook the 'wouldnt he be a bigot because he's muslim' implication if ur post.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Krakoan drugs are not able to cure cancer. Jane Foster is already healthy, but the cancer that Aunt May suffers is not affected. Deadpool's mental illness is directly related to his cancer and how it affects his brain, so it won't have an effect on him either.

Typhoid Mary is mutant so mental illness drugs have no effect on her. It is likely that in metahuman psyches such as Hulk or Green Goblin they will not work either. The drug probably only works in normal mental illnesses, in cases like Osborn to cure it you would have to extract the Goblin Serum. In Hulk his mental illness has been linked to his gamma mutation.

And I really can't think of almost any case in which a superhero had a problem with an infection.

The three types of drugs are really designed to affect the rest of the MU relatively little.
    Xavier confirms they can cure several forms of cancer in HoX #6. So aunt May potentially could be saved. Same goes for Deadpool. The 'for humans only'part has not been clarified yet but from context we can infer it applies to all humans not carrying an x-gene.

Dr. Strange is treating Kamala's father turns out his disease occurs in Inhumans often enough for them to have developed a treatment.