Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The whole idea of the mind drugs is kinda yikes...
    Why? There are many medications that are used in psychiatry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Why? There are many medications that are used in psychiatry.

True, but speaking from experience, those medications aren't miracle drugs. Taking an SSRI doesn't mean that your outlook is magically changed, just that your brain chemistry is able to regulate enough to let you do the rest of the work to get you to a stable position. Some readers, such as myself, identify and project on characters who struggle with it...and it helps us reason out our own problems.

It's comic books, I know. I mean, hell, I'm a hypocrite: I argue that Barbara Gordon getting the surgery to restore her mobility and let her become Batgirl once more wasn't a regression of the character, but a great exploration of what could and has made that role special and distinct from Batman...but that was based on pre-existing science and technology currently being developed in Sweden/the Netherlands area. Plus, even if others in similar situations have recovered mobility in a similar manner, it didn't absolve her PTSD surrounding the incident.

It's a complicated thing. It's like when the organisation Autism Speaks advocates for a 'cure' for autism over acceptance: it devalues us because, though it doesn't define us, it's how our brains work. It's the filter through what we see life through; we can't guarantee that a miracle drug wouldn't change us on a fundamental level....ya know?

How do the Krakoans make their lean?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Off the top my head, the mind drug could cure Moon Knight, Deadpool, Typhoid Mary, Norman Osborn and a bunch of villains.

What is the definition of human? Do Deadpool or Thyphoid Mary count?
    Typhoid Mary’s a mutant. Actually, from her most recent mini-event, I think Marvel Girl and Amp were able to help Mary overcome her Typhoid personality.

I still think that the drug cannot cure people who have mental problems because of things like Goblin Serum. You would need to remove the Goblin Serum from Osborn's organism to cure him, in fact, that is enough as it was already seen.

BANNED

I still think that the drug cannot cure people who have mental problems because of things like Goblin Serum. You would need to remove the Goblin Serum from Osborn's organism to cure him, in fact, that is enough as it was already seen.
    I think Hickman's phrasing doesn't help; "Diseases of the mind" isn't exactly specific, nor all-encompassing. For now I don't blame people for being a bit wary of it.

BANNED

In the case of osborn that would be pointless. He was sane and still he was a monster

BANNED

Crush the flowers and mix it with cough syrup and you have Krakoan sizzurp.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for reminding me that Aunt May has cancer. That being said, I could see Empire State University studying the Krakoan plants as a special project that Peter Parker gets involved in, hoping that he might be able to use it for Aunt May. Of course, then someone there tries to weaponize it against the mutants, the X-Men have to step in, and Spider-Man has to decide if he's going to fight them to prove humanity deserves a chance or let them "deal with" the person trying to weaponize the plant so he might still have a chance to save his aunt.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for reminding me that Aunt May has cancer. That being said, I could see Empire State University studying the Krakoan plants as a special project that Peter Parker gets involved in, hoping that he might be able to use it for Aunt May. Of course, then someone there tries to weaponize it against the mutants, the X-Men have to step in, and Spider-Man has to decide if he's going to fight them to prove humanity deserves a chance or let them "deal with" the person trying to weaponize the plant so he might still have a chance to save his aunt.
    You might have the next X-Men/Spiderman crossover here! Nice idea

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You might have the next X-Men/Spiderman crossover here! Nice idea
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I'm especially interested in the impact this current status quo will have on their relationship, such as it is, after years/decades of relative camaraderie and respect between them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Point. Because it would truly suck if the same X-students that Spidey took on a New York skyscraper web-swinging trip on the last scene of "Spider-Man and the X-Men" (where they even comfortably followed Pete's "To me, MY X-MEN!" command) ended up showing with a new haughtiness that implies the Friendly Neighborhood guy was now a stain under their shoes for a being not-a-mutant.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Point. Because it would truly suck if the same X-students that Spidey took on a New York skyscraper web-swinging trip on the last scene of "Spider-Man and the X-Men" (where they even comfortably followed Pete's "To me, MY X-MEN!" command) ended up showing with a new haughtiness that implies the Friendly Neighborhood guy was now a stain under their shoes for a being not-a-mutant.
    Do you know who Hellion is?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

It was years ago, I couldn't recall the exact details (the way I thought Betsy-Psylocke was wearing a two-piece in the mansion pool while posing at Scott, when it was a one-piece and they were in a pond).

Right, Hellion was TK-ing his fellow "Special Class" students behind Spidey as he was web-swinging. Had to check back. So why the question? Is it about my implication that a taste of Krakoa would make the special class no longer appreciate Professor S. Man anymore?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Right, Hellion was TK-ing his fellow "Special Class" students behind Spidey as he was web-swinging. Had to check back. So why the question? Is it about my implication that a taste of Krakoa would make the special class no longer appreciate Professor S. Man anymore?
    I didn’t mean literally. I meant his character, who he is. Spider-Man being a “good teacher” doesn’t take away the fact that Hellion calls humans “flatscans” at every opportunity.