Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How strong is Spider-Man really?

Is it safe to assume besides the heavy hitters in the marvel universe like hulk thor captain marvel and any omega mutant in the xmen universe he should be one of the strongest heroes correct?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

He’s stronger than a lot of people seem to think. I’d say he’s a good mid-leveler, and possibly the strongest “street” hero in the setting.

BANNED

He is the CBR standard for guaging the strength levels of characters as he has beaten both Firelord and The X-men.

spider-man literally mid
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Spider-Man is stronger than Captain America, Wolverine, Daredevil, Luke Cage and others.

He’s below hulk, Thor, carol Danvers Captain America and others.

Modern Luke Cage can casually lift trucks for blocks, knock the Thing up into the air, and do sonic thunderclaps. He should be above Spider-Man as one of the real heavy-hitters.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Definitely not at 10 tons like Marvel likes to claim, since he lifts **** way heavier than that often enough.

Then again, Marvel is the same company that says characters like Hulk are just above 100 tons, which while accurate, it doesn't even begin to measure all the **** he can lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Definitely not at 10 tons like Marvel likes to claim, since he lifts **** way heavier than that often enough.

Then again, Marvel is the same company that says characters like Hulk are just above 100 tons, which while accurate, it doesn't even begin to measure all the **** he can lift.
    I agree but i tend to just stick with the 10 tons just to have a nice round number to stand by. Seriously so many incompetent writers that have handled the character truly have no idea how to handle his strength. Like I said, personally I say 10 tons with the mental toughness and heart to push pass that if necessary on some rare occasions.

You could make a legit argument that Spider-Man might be the most disrespected, inconsistently and poorly written character in regards to his actually powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Modern Luke Cage can casually lift trucks for blocks, knock the Thing up into the air, and do sonic thunderclaps. He should be above Spider-Man as one of the real heavy-hitters.
    Luke Cage is definitely above Spider-Man in terms of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I agree but i tend to just stick with the 10 tons just to have a nice round number to stand by. Seriously so many incompetent writers that have handled the character truly have no idea how to handle his strength. Like I said, personally I say 10 tons with the mental toughness and heart to push pass that if necessary on some rare occasions.
    Well, 20 tons or 30 tons are also round numbers, and would be more accurate to his strength lol.

Not even cases of him putting more power than usual when he lifts stuff around this margin, the story tends to present it as his "normal" power.

You could make a legit argument that Spider-Man might be the most disrespected, inconsistently and poorly written character in regards to his actually powers.
    Thor says "hi"

Tbh, I'm more interested in knowing where his invulnerability level is at.

In Far From Home (I know that's MCU but I'm just using it as an example), he gets hit full speed by a train. Is he capable of taking that much in the comics?

As strong as the story needs him to be.

Although in all seriousness Peter's strength seems to fluctuate on his own willpower, so if he exerts himself he can surpass whatever strength limit he generally has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Aren't those mostly Bendis feats? He hasn't really been depicted as being that strong in a while. I think he's been bumped back down to more street-level strength.

I think Peter could probably take a punch from Luke. It would hurt like heck though...
    Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post

In Far From Home (I know that's MCU but I'm just using it as an example), he gets hit full speed by a train. Is he capable of taking that much in the comics?
    I think so. Comic Spider-Man is a tank with the amount of punishment he takes on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post

He’s definitely much more durable then any street level heroes. He’s even been shown to have some slight healing/recuperative
    Powers as well. The train hit is a bit of a stretch. Not sure how I feel about that. That being said Spiderman has been able to take heavy hits from some of the heavier hitters in comic books and get thrown off roof tops, through buildings and so on.

Bottom line is he definitely has far superior durability to humans and the street level heroes....

BANNED

Spider-Man lifting that machinery of him already established how crazy strong he was. He also punched Hulk and could use his hand after that in ASM #14.

Among writers who emphasise Spidey’s strength there’s Ditko, Stern, and JMS. Also Defalco and Michelinie.

JMS had Spidey go against Morlun who was physically extremely strong, and then had him chuck Wolverine out of Avengers Tower without breaking a sweat. And of course he wiped the floor with Fisk.

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage