View Poll Results: Whose the essential JSA members?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Atom

23 35.94%
  • Dr. Fate

32 50.00%
  • Flash

57 89.06%
  • Green Lantern

59 92.19%
  • Hawkman

40 62.50%
  • Hourman

29 45.31%
  • Sandman

21 32.81%
  • The Spectre

12 18.75%
  • Johnny Thunder

16 25.00%
  • Starman

24 37.50%
  • Dr. Mid-Nite

25 39.06%
  • Wonder Woman

11 17.19%
  • Wildcat

45 70.31%
  • Mr. Terrific

14 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Johnny Thunder and Alan.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Which is weird considering Hawmans schtick tends to be "Angry conservative barbarian" so you'd expect him to be a bit more "gung ho" and disagree with intricate plans. Then again whilst not as uniformly nice as the Silver Age everyone was fairly chummy in the Golden Age
    IMO, Hawkman's angry-barbarian-birdguy thing is a relatively recent advent. Wildcat and The Atom were always distinctive presences in the JSA as the bash-first-think-it-over-eventually characters in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    IMO, Hawkman's angry-barbarian-birdguy thing is a relatively recent advent. Wildcat and The Atom were always distinctive presences in the JSA as the bash-first-think-it-over-eventually characters in the group.
    Wasn't that schtick for Hawkman the Earth-One Hawkman? The JSA Hawkman always seemed to be level headed. At least pre-Crisis. Post-Crisis Hawkmen confuse me.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Wasn't that schtick for Hawkman the Earth-One Hawkman? The JSA Hawkman always seemed to be level headed. At least pre-Crisis. Post-Crisis Hawkmen confuse me.
    No, as I recall it, the angry-barbarian guy was pretty much a creation of Johns' JSA revived Hawkman. E1 Hawkman could be intense, but he was as as much an astute scientist as he was a cop; he got a bit of conservative leaning hung on him in his later E1 JLA interpretations so that writers could give Green Arrow someone to argue his socially progressive views against. Post-Crisis Hawkman was something of a battered intellectual idealist, but still a bit more sciencey than hair-trigger.

My JSA Team would be as follow.

Power Girl
    The Huntress
    Isis=a new Egyptian version
    Lady Quark
    Dr mid nite=new version African American meta woman with the ability to generate darkness n phasing ability
    Green Lantern
    Starman
    The Flash
    Dr Fate
    Cpt Comet=always liked him and I got a thing for telepaths/telekinetics
    Wildcat
    Celsion=new character native American cousin to Celsius of the doom patrol.but powers work a lil different he can become flame form like Fire or ice like Iceman of the X MEN,
    Mr Terrific
    Hawkman
    Nuklon=never cared to much for the name Atom Smasher

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Celsion=new character native American cousin to Celsius of the doom patrol.but powers work a lil different he can become flame form like Fire or ice like Iceman of the X MEN,
    Wasn't Celsius south asian Indian? Seems odd to give her a cousin who's a native american Indian... good ideas other than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Fate
    Mid-Nite
    Flash
    GL
    Wildcat
    Wonder Woman
    Hourman
    Why not Sandman?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    No, as I recall it, the angry-barbarian guy was pretty much a creation of Johns' JSA revived Hawkman. E1 Hawkman could be intense, but he was as as much an astute scientist as he was a cop; he got a bit of conservative leaning hung on him in his later E1 JLA interpretations so that writers could give Green Arrow someone to argue his socially progressive views against. Post-Crisis Hawkman was something of a battered intellectual idealist, but still a bit more sciencey than hair-trigger.
    By the time Johns got hold of Hawkman, the original Earth-One character was gone and the main Hawkman was the one used for both JSA and JLA including the disagreements with liberal Green Arrow which came from pre-crisis JLA stuff.