Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/black-adam-series-film-dc/

Well, looks like Priest will be doing a Black Adam series for DC.

C'mon Marvel.
    He’s said Iron Man is the one Marvel character he’d take on without hesitation (and Batman for DC). If he does well on Adam, Marvel should offer him Tony once the current run finishes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm. Marvel should hire him for the Sentry or Blue Marvel, then.
    I think Priest would accept Sentry over Blue Marvel anyday.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-15-2022 at 08:15 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/black-adam-series-film-dc/

Well, looks like Priest will be doing a Black Adam series for DC.

C'mon Marvel.
    Well, that will definitely be added to my pull list. Shame Marvel isn't offering him such great opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm. Marvel should hire him for the Sentry or Blue Marvel, then.
    ??? Don't see the connection to Black Adam.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s said Iron Man is the one Marvel character he’d take on without hesitation (and Batman for DC). If he does well on Adam, Marvel should offer him Tony once the current run finishes.
    Christopher Priest on Iron Man for Marvel could be very interesting to see play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, that will definitely be added to my pull list. Shame Marvel isn't offering him such great opportunities.

??? Don't see the connection to Black Adam.
    Superman-level power and stature, but with a different twist that potentially interrogates the very ethos and conception of Superman. Black Adam is basically "Superman, but incredibly long-lived, with a brutal sense of justice/retribution straight out of ancient times, and the ruler of his own nation," the last point putting him in conversation with Priest's previous Black Panther series on a certain level. Sentry is basically "Superman, but mentally unstable to the point of being a danger to himself and others, especially when his dark side literally comes out," challenging the basic ideal of Superman as a kind of cracked-mirror image with the cracks growing larger. Blue Marvel is basically "Superman, but if he had to deal with real-world racism on top of the kind of anti-superhuman prejudices common in a fictional superhero setting."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thor and Loki would be fun.

Back in the 1980s, then-Jim Owsley (now-Christopher Priest) wrote a limited series about the Angel. It was never published. I only know about it because I wrote an article about it for Marvel Age Magazine (which also was never published). All I remember about it was the name of the villain -- Charlemagne. I have always wondered about that book. Oh well, even if the series was completed and Marvel still has it in some drawer, we'll never see it.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I think he might enjoy doing Moon Knight. I might enjoy reading it.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think Priest would accept Sentry over Blue Marvel anyday.
    Well, it's true that he does not like being thought as the black writer who only does black characters. But Blue Marvel is a much better character than Sentry (in my view).
    Sandy Hausler

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Back in the 1980s, then-Jim Owsley (now-Christopher Priest) wrote a limited series about the Angel. It was never published. I only know about it because I wrote an article about it for Marvel Age Magazine (which also was never published). All I remember about it was the name of the villain -- Charlemagne. I have always wondered about that book. Oh well, even if the series was completed and Marvel still has it in some drawer, we'll never see it.
    Funny enough, the character "Charlie" in the Spider-Man Vs. Wolverine one-shot that Priest wrote . . . her whole first name was "Charlemagne." Coincidence?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Well, it's true that he does not like being thought as the black writer who only does black characters. But Blue Marvel is a much better character than Sentry (in my view).
    I would agree, but I don't think I have read enough Blue Marvel stories to make a fair choice.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I think priest would do well with almost any character and any book he was put on would be an instant buy. But I would love to see priest's take on A magneto solo book, a doctor doom solo book, silver surfer, thanos but if I had to pick one character it would be Kang. His ability to bounce around multiple narratives would be absolutely perfect for that character.

Honestly if I was marvel I would give priest a blank slate and let him write any book with a villain that he wanted. If he could do half of what he did with deathstroke with a marvel character it would be better than anything marvel is putting out right now.
    Last edited by regg215; 03-15-2022 at 11:04 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, the character "Charlie" in the Spider-Man Vs. Wolverine one-shot that Priest wrote . . . her whole first name was "Charlemagne." Coincidence?
    Interesting. Could be. I don't remember the Chalemagne character being a women, but it's been a long time.
    Sandy Hausler