Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What would you like to see for a new Christopher Priest project?

I saw a topic like this in the DC forum, and I'd figure I'd ask here given that Priest wrote the Spider-Force miniseries last year. His fifty issue run on Deathstroke is coming to a close, and he'll likely want to replace it with something... perhaps an ongoing Marvel book now that he's back in the Marvel game? He's historically been closer to Marvel, what with him getting his start as an editor there in the '80s (as Jim Owsley), and having many stories written including the landmark Black Panther title, though he's done quite a bit for DC as well.

I suggested in the past that based on the Spider-Force series Priest could write a Kaine Parker comic, though others suggested the idea of a comic called The Scarlet Spiders co-starring both Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker, where the two work out their differences and put that chapter behind them. Outside of just Spider books, I wouldn't mind him being given an X-book as part of Dawn of X. In fact, I think an X-Factor comic would suit him well what with the world of snark nature of it.

What do you guys think?

Falcon & The Winter Soldier
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Something like Spider-Man Life Story.
    Or he could lead a Ultimate line relaunch.
    Not a 616 comics, anyway. I grew tired of the "stupid capes don't get real politik" trope.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Put him on Captain America. He left Marvel in the first place because his "Captain America and the Falcon" book was going to be changed to a Falcon solo, and he was tired of only being given black characters to write. Let him write the flagship book for real (with the Falcon in it, but as a supporting character) and maybe even resume the Cap/Scarlet Witch romance he was writing before "Avengers Disassembled" cancelled it.

The Sinister Science of Dr. Octopus

-Pav, who thinks Priest would kill...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Put him on Captain America. He left Marvel in the first place because his "Captain America and the Falcon" book was going to be changed to a Falcon solo, and he was tired of only being given black characters to write. Let him write the flagship book for real (with the Falcon in it, but as a supporting character) and maybe even resume the Cap/Scarlet Witch romance he was writing before "Avengers Disassembled" cancelled it.
    I like that idea, although as a Spider-Man fan, I would be more than glad to see him tackle the Scarlet Spiders. As for mugiwara's idea of an Ultimate relaunch, I could see that working as well, though I can understand his distaste for the "stupid capes don't get realpolitik" trope, as his Justice League run over at DC was full of that from what I saw and heard of it. That said, I'm a bit of a sucker for super-heroic idealism clashing with cynical reality, so . . .

Oh, and if Priest's gonna do a Captain America run, how about a story or arc with Steve Rogers and the Bradley family (Isaiah, Josiah X, and Eli/Patriot)? I'd especially like Josiah X, since he did create him in the first place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    The Sinister Science of Dr. Octopus

-Pav, who thinks Priest would kill...
    lord almighty i want it

i want cap too but he'd have to be exclusive for a flagship
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Captain America

I believe I read somewhere he said that he wanted to write Tony Stark/Iron Man. So give him Tony. I'd love to see what he could and would do.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I believe I read somewhere he said that he wanted to write Tony Stark/Iron Man. So give him Tony. I'd love to see what he could and would do.
    Agreed 100%.

I would like to see him on Captain America just so he can fix the damage Coats is doing to the character.

I would also like to see him on Black Panther for the same reasons but I also understand his reasoning as not wanting to go back to that character.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I know he's wanted to do Daredevil forever. I'd be curious to see what he'd do.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Iron Man or Namor.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I would like to see him do either a Black Panther vs Batman comic or an Iron Man/Black Panther mini series.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I'd like to see that too. Haven't even read Slott's Iron Man. Is it any good?