View Poll Results: What is your favorite costumed identity for Hank Pym?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ant-Man

4 8.16%
  • Giant-Man

6 12.24%
  • Goliath

5 10.20%
  • Yellowjacket

14 28.57%
  • Dr. Pym, scientific adventurer

18 36.73%
  • The Wasp II

2 4.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is your favorite costumed identity for Hank Pym?

As suggested by Dreaded Porcupine, here is a little poll to see which id that Pym has used over the years is your favorite, or the costume design you liked best (although there have been so many design for each id) and/or the one you think suited him the best. I'd also be curious to know why you voted for a specific id/costume.

On a side note, I got to thinking... are there other superheroes who had several codenames through the years? Feel free to fill me in on this as well
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

The Wasp II from Slott's run on Mighty Avengers and his plainclothes look in Avengers AI.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Wasp II from Slott's run on Mighty Avengers and his plainclothes look in Avengers AI.
    I guess you could count that as "Dr. Pym" i.e. Pym doing superheroing without a codename. I know the "scientific adventurer" is more linked to the WCA years, but there have been other times when Hank went without a costumed id. Avengers A.I. is one of those

Thanks for participating

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Always, and forever: Yellowjacket

The reason for my choice is because I love the color scheme, and the costume has such a lovely design:
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-13-2020 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Conducting Experimental Theories.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Always, and forever: Yellowjacket

The reason for my choice is because I love the color scheme, and the costume has such a lovely design:
    Yes indeed!

In addition, his communication with insects is enhanced from Ant-Man days, his audio is also enhanced. He can fly and has powerful disruptor blasts stings powered by his wings vibratory powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes indeed!

In addition, his communication with insects is enhanced from Ant-Man days, his audio is also enhanced. He can fly and has powerful disruptor blasts stings powered by his wings vibratory powers.
    I always wondered how those work. I remember reading they were somehow embedded in his gloves, but then I once saw him blast them while not wearing his suit... so I really don't know anymore.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    On a side note, I got to thinking... are there other superheroes who had several codenames through the years? Feel free to fill me in on this as well
    Carol Danvers and Monica Rambeau have had a few. They've both been Captain Marvel, but Carol has also been Ms Marvel, Binary and Warbird, while Monica also used the names Photon, Pulsar and currently Spectrum.

Hawkeye had stints as Goliath and Ronin.

I always like Giant-Man as Hank's man ID. But I also think that this Giant-Man costume should be his main one for the identity.

It's the best one by far in my opinion.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I love that Busiek crafted an Avengers Forever lineup that had Pym in it *twice.*

I can't pick a favorite. I like Yellowjacket, Giant-Man *and* 'Dr. Pym.' (I finally consider 'Ant-Man' to now be Scott Lang, and I never really cared for anyone other than Janet using the Wasp moniker. I'd probably accept Raz as Giant-Man and Rita as Yellowjacket, for that matter, if either character got more play...)

I always wondered how those work. I remember reading they were somehow embedded in his gloves, but then I once saw him blast them while not wearing his suit... so I really don't know anymore.
    Yes, when Hank first became YJ, his stingers were in his gloves. Much later, he made a disruptor pistol. Still later, after Hank had suped-up Jan's powers, he also increased his own, increasing by a factor of 10, the power of his old disruptor pistol by using the vibratory powers of his wings. He could blast people as powerful as Thor.

I guess you could count that as "Dr. Pym" i.e. Pym doing superheroing without a codename. I know the "scientific adventurer" is more linked to the WCA years, but there have been other times when Hank went without a costumed id. Avengers A.I. is one of those

Thanks for participating
    That’s how I see it/voted.
    Him as Hank Pym is him at his best, at peace w. himself, imo.
    He’s never been comfortable as a a costumed hero, and it’s done him no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I always like Giant-Man as Hank's man ID. But I also think that this Giant-Man costume should be his main one for the identity.

It's the best one by far in my opinion.
    It's also one of my favorites! This one, and the Avengers Academy one are my two favs. I wouldn't mind at all if Hank were to ever come back, for him to take on a costume inspired by this blue and yellow one. But my #1 is still the Avengers Academy Giant-Man suit, probably because it was his "current" suit when I started reading comic books.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Mighty Member

Giant-Man. I'm fond of Avengers Academy. It might be his most "bland" era, but to me it did feel like growth, something different from the well worn territory people a prone to tackle with their Pym stories. I think that version of the costume looks great when it is drawn and inked well, and the costume lab coat combo is A+.

That said, however, I completely understand why Dr. Pym is a favorite and it is probably the way forward.

This kills me! Gotta go with Giantman v Goliath ... loved the red and blue Goliath, really. But ... his appearance in issue 93 as Antman wins out.
    6573365E-EDB0-4655-BE94-73A81566CEFB.jpg
    638A028C-2493-470B-966D-3902A50719F3.jpg

Dr Pym! Because it's the only identity no one can ever steal (unless Scott wants to use his credit card).
    Ultimately though, West Coast Avengers was a good arc for Hank, and Dr Pym was the result of positive character development. His time as Wasp was enjoyable, but probably took his character back more than it developed him.
    Also Dr Pym, Scientific Adventurer coming back could mean more interactions with Reed, who's my favorite character for Hank to interact with.