Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I wonder if they'll keep the Arkham Origins inspired design? I prefer it over fake V for Vendetta.

I read a review that said the pink guy was Dante, but after reading Annual #3 and the bit in #31 that implies that Dante's body hasn't turned up anywhere, I must say I'm still not convinced. (I'm also not sure whether it would be a good plot idea for the pink guy to be Dante, as it seems a bit contrived. Not impossible, though.)

I also re-read The Flash #25 (the Zero Year issue where Barry Allen meets Harvey Bullock in Gotham City and gets caught up in what seems to be the first appearance of Icarus), but there were no clues there either. In fact, I was a bit confused because they describe Icarus as causing hallucinations that make people think they have superhero powers, but the pink guy flying off in #34 seems to be someone with real superpowers. So is he the source and everyone else is just an...imitation? Maybe they'll explain this later. I hope so, so that when the Buccellato-Manapul run on Detective is complete, we can have a pretty solid narrative.

I would rate the conclusion of "Icarus" around 6 to 7, which still disappoints, but only because I'd rate the preceding issues (including the Annual) around 8 to 9. Part of this is because the entire arc and the failures of the final issue did have me asking questions about storytelling and whatnot: How does a slow-burn story work? Like a cigarette or the fuse of a bomb? What was this strange way of experimenting with an Icarus-type story that burns itself at the end? Etc.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

So, in order for me to get an issue that didn't have a printing error, I had to go with the selfie variant. I really wanted that Manapul cover, but I'd rather have interiors that aren't messed up. Plus, that Alfred cover is pretty funny.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I liked the arc for the most part and the build-up was well done... but then this finale issue was pretty bad. Felt really rushed and unsatisfying, what was the deal with that nuclear pink guy? This issue was just weird...
    Formerly known as YMCMB