Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Wait wasn’t Cassie’s first origin is she had the scandals to fly and wasn’t Zeus’s kid?
    Yep. The Zeus thing was really out of left field! I know they had to do something to make her not so reliant on hand-me-downs, but daughter of Zeus? Right...

  2. #17
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    192

    Default

    At the end of Byrne's run, Cassie confronts Zeus, who was impressed with her chutzpah and granted her powers of her own. After that, she didn't have to rely on the Hermes Sandals or Gauntlet of Atlas. It was later revealed that Cassie was Zeus' daughter. Writers could have just left it at that but, retcons to Cassie's origin revealed that she was Zeus's daughter. I'll be honest, when she was first introduced, she was annoying but, the character grew on me. I'd have been fine with Zeus or the Amazon pantheon granting her powers, similar to the post-Crisis origin of Wonder Woman and never quite understood why she had to be Zeus' daughter. I agree - it felt a bit forced.

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    At the end of Byrne's run, Cassie confronts Zeus, who was impressed with her chutzpah and granted her powers of her own. After that, she didn't have to rely on the Hermes Sandals or Gauntlet of Atlas. It was later revealed that Cassie was Zeus' daughter. Writers could have just left it at that but, retcons to Cassie's origin revealed that she was Zeus's daughter. I'll be honest, when she was first introduced, she was annoying but, the character grew on me. I'd have been fine with Zeus or the Amazon pantheon granting her powers, similar to the post-Crisis origin of Wonder Woman and never quite understood why she had to be Zeus' daughter. I agree - it felt a bit forced.
    It's kinda weird, but they played off the way Zeus had fathered so many heroes in ancient times and said he'd done it again in modern times. Also at first when she got powers form Zeus it was simply his blessing making her his champion. It wasn't until much later(2008) that she actually started acting as a demi-goddess. Prior to that she was a mortal who happened to be the daughter of Zeus.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    I kinda wish we'd just stayed with Cassie using the Gauntlets of Atlas and Sandals of Hermes as the origin of her superpowers.

    I was okay with the Zeus parentage origin at the time, because it provided some interesting ground for drama between the Olympians, Helena, and Cassie, but nothing interesting was ever done with it.

    The latter doesn't work with Diana's current origin, so I'd return to the former and have Cassie use magical, deity-embued items to fuel her superpowers. I'd avoid her father being a different demigod and find another interesting angle to dramatically introduce Cassie's father to the series.

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,412

    Default

    I’m curious should Cassie after a while somehow not have to use the atlas and sandals ? That after a fight or something she gain those powers?

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    I’d keep it to just the items giving her her superpowers. It’s a bit different from other Wonder and Super characters and could be an interesting distinction in character development.

  7. #22
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Cassie apparently appearing in action comics.
    That scene is actually supposed to be the entire Justice League and Young Justice, though some members are missing (from YJ, I see Cassie, Bart, Connor, and Teen Lantern), and for some reason the newspaper report at the end of the issue failed to mention that the Teen Titans were there as well (you can see Damian and Crush).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #23
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’d keep it to just the items giving her her superpowers. It’s a bit different from other Wonder and Super characters and could be an interesting distinction in character development.
    I often wonder the simple fact that yea she has the objects. But also if she got amazon training wouldn't that help her also be more unique? No characters outside of Diana and the Amazons have those powers due to training.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Being trained by the Amazons to use her superpowers could be interesting, as long as it also included Hippolyta, Diana, and Donna too. (They all need to spend some time together.)

    It'd also be interesting if the Amazons ever return to some sort psychokinesis and élan vital explanation for aspects of their skills, power, and physical abilities gained through Amazon training.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Being trained by the Amazons to use her superpowers could be interesting, as long as it also included Hippolyta, Diana, and Donna too. (They all need to spend some time together.)

    It'd also be interesting if the Amazons ever return to some sort psychokinesis and élan vital explanation for aspects of their skills, power, and physical abilities gained through Amazon training.
    Agreed. That would be cool. I can't see why there wouldn't be a way for some amazons to get other powers. I guess the question is how would each new training work.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,735

    Default

    I'm a fan of having Cassie be relatively untrained. Lots of raw power (from whatever source), but no Amazon training. Donna should be the opposite to me: a normal human who received a systematic indoctrination into Amazon philosophy and methods. Makes for an easy and clear way to differentiate the two.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  12. #27
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,412

    Default

    I mean you still can have them be difference. Just how they look at their training. I'm a fan that there are different amazon training. That one form is much more aggressive/ I mean even so she still needs to learn how to fight without using the items so the titans are still good for her. The question is now the most important thing Diana, Cassie and Donna. How should they all meet? Stay the same or something new?

  13. #28
    Incredible Member NYCER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    933

    Default

    I'm confused: what exactly is the origin of the Wonder Girl appearing in the current YOUNG JUSTICE title? They showed Zeus in the series prior to him dying in that Darkseid nonsense over at WONDER WOMAN, and Cassie called him "Grandfather." So this means she is still Lennox's daughter? And is Lennox dead or alive? For that matter where is Cassandra? That's Cassie's origin that I remember before The New 52 ended -- Cassandra failed to trick Cassie to restore her voice, and Cassie was shocked to learn that both Cassandra and Diana are her aunts.

    In Rebirth, Cassie did not show up until the current YJ book, right? Where has she been?

    And I don't think Diana has mentioned her half-siblings other than Heracles since Rebirth either. (Is Heracles still a rapist in current continuity?).
    Last edited by NYCER; 12-05-2019 at 04:17 PM.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I'm confused: what exactly is the origin of the Wonder Girl appearing in the current YOUNG JUSTICE title? They showed Zeus in the series prior to him dying in that Darkseid nonsense over at WONDER WOMAN, and Cassie called him "Grandfather." So this means she is still Lennox's daughter? And is Lennox dead or alive? For that matter where is Cassandra? That's Cassie's origin that I remember before The New 52 ended -- Cassandra failed to trick Cassie to restore her voice, and Cassie was shocked to learn that both Cassandra and Diana are her aunts.

    In Rebirth, Cassie did not show up until the current YJ book, right? Where has she been?

    And I don't think Diana has mentioned her half-siblings other than Heracles since Rebirth either. (Is Heracles still a rapist in current continuity?).
    Cassie wasn't being used after New 52 TT ended. YJ is her first appearance in a long time. Her origins haven't been explained yet. At this point, I don't even think that Diana knows she exists.

  15. #30
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Cassie wasn't being used after New 52 TT ended. YJ is her first appearance in a long time. Her origins haven't been explained yet. At this point, I don't even think that Diana knows she exists.
    OMG! That's terrible! So, both Wonder Girls were retconned to either not know or have a direct connection to Wonder Woman?! Why are WW fans not more upset about this? Imagine if a couple of Robin's were retconned to a passing connection to Batman. Horrible! Just don't think that Diana or her supporting cast get the same treatment as the Bat or Sup family characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •