Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The name Teen Titans has 40+ years of being around. It will beat Young Justice. Based on name ALONE.

A LOT of folks view Bendis as a DEAL BREAKER. It's not a shock to me.

Also you have a company that has SOURED a lot of fans based on antics done to Tim, Bart & others (Wally West). You have to win those folks back and that will never be easy.

Who has the better variants? Dollar sale saw me go after Teen Titans (20-33) more than Young Justice (1-6).

Folks want Aqualad, Ms Martian & Static on the team not yet ANOTHER teen Green Lantern or Hellblazer's kinfolk. Of course those 3 are not available. In fact most who could match the tv show are not available.

And in terms of bins-Teen Titans is there and finding READERS. Young Justice is not.

And finally is BOTH cases-when left alone writers can do their jobs. Titans is benefiting more than YJ for now.

We don't discuss post John TT-still trying to figure out how a writer can get Static's name wrong TWICE and dump 2 members in the middle of a story.

Seeing that it just came out last month-I would say check back on those numbers. For public libraries and schools-it takes longer for us to get those trades. Depending on demand.

Batman & The Signal was on library within weeks of it's August release and had a waiting list for a month.
    While Supergirl, Cyborg and Raven's took awhile.

Pick a lane.

If YJ never end up in bins [ if we are talking reduced bins then that's untrue since I've spotted YJ plenty of times in the reduced bins] then fans are fine with the title and don't want/need Aqualad, Static etc.

If they are buying it then it was a good move to have characters like GL

Even compared to Bendis' other books, YJ has done sub par. Im surprises TT has hung with YJ (though neither is particularly doing well). I thought YJ was going to bury TTs as it was newer, had a much bigger creative team, and was more promoted as DC is clearly trying position them as their premier young heroes. While TTs just seems to be finishing out its story. And this will be the second time they have tried to launch a line around that gen. At what point do we start asking if thats the gen DC really should be backing here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-27-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    No nope YJ isn't anywhere near DC Nr 3. It doesn't compare to WW in sales at all.
    Those sales even include variants. WOw

Jeez even Batman Beyond is outperforming YJ according to those figures. WTF I wasn't aware the figures had gotten this low
    It includes VARIANTS FOR ALL...

With over 70,000 sold copies YJ1 is definetely one of the most sold DC Comics this year, behind Batman and Superman.

Its ABSOLUTELY comparable to WW and I think/hope that it will get readers back, when YJ will meet the JL.

As far as I remind it was already said, that Conner will meet Clark in Action Comics 1020, next year.

Mighty Member

Folks want Aqualad, Ms Martian & Static on the team not yet ANOTHER teen Green Lantern or Hellblazer's kinfolk. Of course those 3 are not available. In fact most who could match the tv show are not available.
    Difficult...

Miss Martian yes, Aqualad NO...

This Aqualad is also a new character,even he is popular in the TV show.

POSSIBLE addition for the teams are:
    -Arrowette (she is in the show and there was the interview...) so she is definetely one who could come back...
    -Static
    -Secret (she was also mentioned in the interview)

I EXTREMELY hope for Traci13 as she is an interesting character and need more time in the comics,Blue Beetle...

Fantastic Member

The name Teen Titans has 40+ years of being around. It will beat Young Justice. Based on name ALONE.

A LOT of folks view Bendis as a DEAL BREAKER. It's not a shock to me.

Also you have a company that has SOURED a lot of fans based on antics done to Tim, Bart & others (Wally West). You have to win those folks back and that will never be easy.

Who has the better variants? Dollar sale saw me go after Teen Titans (20-33) more than Young Justice (1-6).

And in terms of bins-Teen Titans is there and finding READERS. Young Justice is not.

And finally is BOTH cases-when left alone writers can do their jobs. Titans is benefiting more than YJ for now.

We don't discuss post John TT-still trying to figure out how a writer can get Static's name wrong TWICE and dump 2 members in the middle of a story.

Seeing that it just came out last month-I would say check back on those numbers. For public libraries and schools-it takes longer for us to get those trades. Depending on demand.

Batman & The Signal was on library within weeks of it's August release and had a waiting list for a month.
    While Supergirl, Cyborg and Raven's took awhile.
    I would see your point if DCEASED a book that literally came out yesterday wasn't already number 10 in graphic novels on Amazon. Also, Teen Titans may have been around for 40 years but Young Justice for years had a television show and was on Netflix and Cartoon Network. Teen Titans hasn't had a show in years besides go and that pushes the New Teen Titans team from the 80s. How long do we have to wait for Young Justice a book written by Bendis and still has television show to show sales of its trade? It sold more than 20,000 copies in direct sales in October more than Teen Titans but is completely outsold in trade numbers. Maybe the people who buy the book month to month in the direct market and digitally are the only ones who care.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But Teen Titans is at the moment just the better book.

I mean in YJ the the were just jumping from universe to universe and Battle some Bad Guys on the way, and that's interrupted by flash backs. Sofar no really interesting plot or character development.

In Teen Titans there is just way more going on, you have more conflict between the characters, the stakes seem higher ...

Teen Titans is imo one of the best books DC puts out at the moment, and probably the best incarnation of the team we had in long time.
    I am a fan of Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart...but I have to say that this is COMPLETELY true.

Other problems are:
    -UNCLEAR timeline (Reign of Supermen without Conner,IC...?)
    -another reboot of Cassie (now mix of Pre-Flashpoint and NEW52)
    -they are NOT in the DC Main-Stories (Year of the Villain etc.)
    -seperate Label

I am a HUGE fan of Cassie,Tim,Bart,Conner...but I hoped that they will return older and in a more spectacular fashion.
    But I still hope that this will change.

Mighty Member

Personally I feel the cast is too large and there's not enough focus on the core 4 and their dynamic which was the reason why I picked up the title in the 1st place.

Plus it feels like a step back in time and not in a good way.
    I dont think that the roster is to large, I have more a problem with WHO is in the roster.

-Hex is ok, BUT she doesnt fit into the team. I mean she is good with guns, which REALLY doesnt match with the others.
    -Lantern is cool, but she is to young for me to fit in this team. I mean the big4 have so much history etc. that it feels strange to have Hex and Lantern as newcomers.
    -Amethyst could be cool, BUT I dont really understand if she still has magic powers or not.

I dont think that the roster is to big, BUT I think that the roster should be more composed by heroes who are in a similar age of Conner,Cassie,Tim,Bart..and already well known like Blue Beetle,Traci13,Miss Martian....

I also think that this is a step back...
    I mean Conner,Cassie,Tim are definetely (in a linear time-line) GREAT Candidates for the JL...Bart already was..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

*If* there's a line-wide time skip/legacy replacement, and *IF* there is, then I figure Young Justice will get the cartoon treatment; at least some of the original team (Tim, Bart, Cass, Conner) will be sticking around as senior members and leaders and we'll have new faces join the roster. Teen Lantern will still be on the roster, and actually be a teen (she's only 11 right now).

My guess is the time skip, if there is one, will be about 5 years. That'll be enough to put the younger characters into the next phase of their lives without aging the older characters (including their supporting casts and spouses) out completely.
    I really DONT hope that it gets in this way.

I am a FAN of aging up Conner,Tim,Bart,Cassie...BUT!!!!!!! Tim,Bart,Cassie and especially Conner have already a history with YJ,TT and their Solo-books.
    So in Conners case especially this would mean stripping him of his history, where he was one of the biggest heroes of this Earth and replacing it with 5 years of doing "normal" things.

I really hope that IC will come back in the main timeline.

I am NOT a fan of them staying in the same team.
    I hope that Conner,Bart,Tim,Cassie...leave the team and team up with more experienced heroes like heroes from the Titans or heroes from JSA or heroes from JL.

I already described https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-way-(SEASON-3) how I could imagine it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    With over 70,000 sold copies YJ1 is definetely one of the most sold DC Comics this year, behind Batman and Superman.
    Orders for number #1 issues are not particularly good metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    It includes VARIANTS FOR ALL...

Its ABSOLUTELY comparable to WW and I think/hope that it will get readers back, when YJ will meet the JL.

As far as I remind it was already said, that Conner will meet Clark in Action Comics 1020, next year.
    No matter how much you capitalise the word absolutely that doesn't make your analysis wrong

not sure why nobody here has explained this to you already but that not how you compare performance.

You need to compare issue number to corresponding issue number

YJ #1 at 70k copies

WW #1 sold 107,737 copies
    WW Rebirth #1 sold 94, 458 copies both in June.

70k for a # 1 issue isn't impressive like you think
    Here have a look for yourself how well other titles did.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...6/2016-06.html

I understand being a fan of YJ but at this point you are just insulting WW by trying to put them on the same performance level. They are not. YJ isn't a strong seller.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I would see your point if DCEASED a book that literally came out yesterday wasn't already number 10 in graphic novels on Amazon. Also, Teen Titans may have been around for 40 years but Young Justice for years had a television show and was on Netflix and Cartoon Network. Teen Titans hasn't had a show in years besides go and that pushes the New Teen Titans team from the 80s. How long do we have to wait for Young Justice a book written by Bendis and still has television show to show sales of its trade? It sold more than 20,000 copies in direct sales in October more than Teen Titans but is completely outsold in trade numbers. Maybe the people who buy the book month to month in the direct market and digitally are the only ones who care.
    I didn't expect TT to be the stronger title either.

The way things turned out was a surprise. I mean YJ was stacked.

You've got 4 well established characters that fans have been waiting years to see back in comics. A title dripping with nostalgia with a big name writer headlining DC's Teen line of comics.
    You've got the return of YJ season 3, they even made Tim Robin again. It had all the gimmicks and fans had been complaining for 3 years about the other teen group.

YJ had everything going for it....... aside from lots of readers
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-28-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

You've got 4 well established characters that fans have been waiting years to see back in comics. A title dripping with nostalgia with a big name writer headlining DC's Teen line of comics.
    You've got the return of YJ season 3, they even made Tim Robin again. It had all the gimmicks and fans had been complaining for 3 years about the other teen group.

And a lineup of characters to go well with the YJ4. Pretty obvious from this poll who everyone wanted on the team:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ho-should-join
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    And a lineup of characters to go well with the YJ4. Pretty obvious from this poll who everyone wanted on the team:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ho-should-join
    Surprising that Megan got the most votes. I would have thought Blue would be the top choice due to the show. He's more likeable than Megan's.

However this poll isn't at all reflective of what the YJ comic fans think/want. The sample size is far too small to be taken seriously.

Mighty Member

Did you read the topic so far and some reviews?

I am not surprised by the numbers, because I also dont like the actual series....
    I am a big fan of Conner,Cassie,Bart and Tim,BUT I have to agree with what other uses wrote.

Here you see a nice collection of some reviews for the series so far:
    https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...tice-(2019)/10

I agree with these 2 users:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But Teen Titans is at the moment just the better book.

I mean in YJ the the were just jumping from universe to universe and Battle some Bad Guys on the way, and that's interrupted by flash backs. Sofar no really interesting plot or character development.

In Teen Titans there is just way more going on, you have more conflict between the characters, the stakes seem higher ...

Teen Titans is imo one of the best books DC puts out at the moment, and probably the best incarnation of the team we had in long time.
    Personally I feel the cast is too large and there's not enough focus on the core 4 and their dynamic which was the reason why I picked up the title in the 1st place.

Plus it feels like a step back in time and not in a good way.
    I am a HUGE Bart,Tim,Cassie,Conner fan but I have some points which I HATE in the actual Series:

1. The Speed of the story-telling:
    YJ comes only once every month and with the flashbacks its really slow

2. YJ comes under a seperate label:
    I dont like that it comes out under a label which is more for younger readers.
    I hoped that Tim,Conner,Cassie,Bart...will come back older and be like Dicks Generation, so basically being a second Titans team.

3. They are (at least at the moment) in NO big Main-Story

4. Team Line-up:
    Bart,Tim,Cassie,Conner are ok,but for the rest I wished more experienced members, not newcomers

5. Age:
    I really hoped that they would come back older

6. Costume/Name changing:
    I really HATE Tims new Costume and his new Code-Name.
    Red Robin was absolutely PERFECT for me.

7. New Origin:
    Cassie got a new origin and i absolutely HATE it.

8. Characterization of the team-members:
    I dont like this YJ Conner.
    He seems to be depowered compared with Johns Conner and he also doesnt has the attitude and coolness of Kessels Conner.

I also dont like the YJ Cassie.
    I prefer the TT Cassie who wasnt afraid to fight against Superboy Prime etc.

9. Timeline:
    Its really confusing...
    Did IC happen? Conner was left out of Reign Supermen....

10. Appearance:
    I dont like Superboys Appearance...
    I prefer the muscular Johns TT Version who was about 220 pounds or so...

11. Team-Name:
    I dont like that they use the Name again.
    I would have prefered a new Team-Name....
    Their time as Young Justice is simply over for me and they should move on.

CONCLUSION:

I was happy that Conner,Cassie,Bart and Tim are back together and I liked the first issues.
    BUT!! at the moment I also have lost the interest in the series, because of the points above.
    I think the actual storyline is just to long and I lost my interest...

I hoped that Rebirth would restore Reign of Supermen and IC....and Bart,Conner and Cassie would come back like in their TT Series, just older.

I LOVE Cassie,Conner,Bart,Tim...BUT I prefer MUCH the TT Series by Johns where they played a MAJOR role in the Main-Universe and Tim had the Red Robin Code-Name and Red Robin Costume..

I am NOT so much a fan of the Anime Series of YJ, BUT!!! the Anime Series solved it better...
    I like the solution of the Anime Series much better..

Mighty Member

No matter how much you capitalise the word absolutely that doesn't make your analysis wrong

not sure why nobody here has explained this to you already but that not how you compare performance.

You need to compare issue number to corresponding issue number

YJ #1 at 70k copies

WW #1 sold 107,737 copies
    WW Rebirth #1 sold 94, 458 copies both in June.

70k for a # 1 issue isn't impressive like you think
    Here have a look for yourself how well other titles did.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...6/2016-06.html

I understand being a fan of YJ but at this point you are just insulting WW by trying to put them on the same performance level. They are not. YJ isn't a strong seller.
    Ok some points:

1.) Cassie,Conner and Bart were replaced in NEW52 by other versions of them, so these Versions of Conner,Cassie and Bart are new for new readers.
    If you take this into account then you can say that 77,000 is a strong number.

WW instead was always in the Comics,got her own Movie etc.

2.) I wasnt talking only about one book,but I was talking more about numbers over a longer period of time.
    And I think that YJ (depending on the Storyline) could sell more issues than WW.