Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Generations and Teams (especially teenage Super-Heroes)

Hello,

I personally strongly believe that DC has should changed how they use Damians and how they use Tims team.

Young Justice stands for me for the CURRENT Teenage Generation who just start their career, struggle with school and being a hero etc.
    So I think it would be better use Damian,Jonathan,Crush,the new teen lantern,Emiko,Roundhouse,Wallace....as YOUNG JUSTICE..
    I mean Conner,Tim,Bart,Cassie...for me are the 90ies Generation and are very strange to see them nowadays in Young Justice.
    And also the beginning of feelings between Djinn/Damian/Crush...is more Young Justice stuff...
    SuperSons would also fit better under the Wonder Comics Label.
    I dont understand why aging Jonathan up...Young Justice with them would be very cool.

Tims Generation instead would be better if they are around 20-25 years old and work similar to the Titans.
    They should definetely be older and team up also with older, more experienced heroes.

Its strange for me that the 2 teams are now almost at the same age.
    It would feel more natural for me to do it these way and both teams would have many fresh storylines.

BANNED

Golden Age Batman(JSA)
    Silver Age Batman(JLA)
    Dick Grayson(original Teen Titans,Titans)
    Jason(The Outlaws)
    Tim Drake(Young Justice,Teen Titans)
    Damian(Teen Titans,Possbly Young Justice one day)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

I personally strongly believe that DC has should changed how they use Damians and how they use Tims team.

Young Justice stands for me for the CURRENT Teenage Generation who just start their career, struggle with school and being a hero etc.
    So I think it would be better use Damian,Jonathan,Crush,the new teen lantern,Emiko,Roundhouse,Wallace....as YOUNG JUSTICE..
    I mean Conner,Tim,Bart,Cassie...for me are the 90ies Generation and are very strange to see them nowadays in Young Justice.
    And also the beginning of feelings between Djinn/Damian/Crush...is more Young Justice stuff...
    I dont understand why aging Jonathan up...Young Justice with them would be very cool.

Tims Generation instead would be better if they are around 20-25 years old and work similar to the Titans.
    They should definetely be older and team up also with older, more experienced heroes.

It would feel more natural for me to do it these way and both teams would have many fresh storylines.
    I agree that Supersons and Damian's generation should be the face of Wonder comics but this isn't the 1st time DC and Didio has stepped over a gen to give the 90's kids a push. They did it with Dick's generation and now they are doing it with Damian's.

I get that generation has a lot of fans within DC's management but enough. How many chances can one generation have.

I would like to see Tim's generation age up and grow up. move along and give others a chance. Like Dick's generation did for them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I agree that Supersons and Damian's generation should be the face of Wonder comics but this isn't the 1st time DC and Didio has stepped over a gen to give the 90's kids a push. They did it with Dick's generation and now they are doing it with Damian's.
    Given the 90's kids a push? What???
    Currently Damian,Jonathan.......get the push...

Jonathan gets aged up and will become Superman and Damians Team is in the main-stories....
    They are currently in a better situation than Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart.

Jonathan gets aged up and will become Superman and Damians Team is in the main-stories....
    Who are headlining Wonder Comics? YJ

Who are the face of Dc's Teenage imprints? YJ

Who had their dynamic that fans loved broken up their tittle prematurely cancelled amidst protest from fans? Jon and Damian.

Who got a series next to DC's most prominent star on one of DC moist read titles? Tim despite Damian being officially Robin.

Who was classed as off limit to writers in Rebirth resulting in writers like Orlando and Priest having to submit multiple requests before they were allowed to use him? Damian

Who last reboot was pushed and replaced Dick's generation as the generation to launch their teams on? YJ generation

YJ generation has been pushed and is being pushed like crazy.

YJ team is in the main stories not only that they are in live TV and in the animated series while Damian's team is made up of newbies.

The only character out of Tim, Jon, Conner, Damian, Cassie and Bart who is in a good situation is Damian and that is down to the strength of his character.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-29-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Fantastic Member

Hello,

Are you literally saying you should change the branding the books? Because I really don't see how that solves anything? Yes branding matters and quite frankly Young Justice has the name recognition and well known characters to succeed. There couldn't be a better time for this book. However, I know Adam Glass' Teen Titans may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have never seen it called boring. Glass clearly has a story to tell and is doing it well with new characters. As shown by it consistently being in the top 30 of digital sales when it comes out and its trade sales.

Young Justice on the other hand while having recognizable characters as well as new additions does not seem to be going anywhere. Its written by a well known name in comics and is part of a line made for young readers. If a book made for young fans is not selling in trades or well digitally there is a clear problem. Issue 1 may have sold 70,000 but in October it was a little more than 20,000 in the direct market. Teen Titans sells about that much too in direct sales but its consistently on the top of digital sales and trades.

By the way Young Justice only catches up to Teen Titans in the direct market because of variants adding to the sales numbers. Teen Titans does not get variants adding to their sales.

I think they need to ditch the box that generations have become and instead do what other media does with generations. Mix and match and stack the books with characters from whatever gen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Are you literally saying you should change the branding the books? Because I really don't see how that solves anything? Yes branding matters and quite frankly Young Justice has the name recognition and well known characters to succeed. There couldn't be a better time for this book. However, I know Adam Glass' Teen Titans may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have never seen it called boring. Glass clearly has a story to tell and is doing it well with new characters. As shown by it consistently being in the top 30 of digital sales when it comes out and its trade sales.

Young Justice on the other hand while having recognizable characters as well as new additions does not seem to be going anywhere. Its written by a well known name in comics and is part of a line made for young readers. If a book made for young fans is not selling in trades or well digitally there is a clear problem. Issue 1 may have sold 70,000 but in October it was a little more than 20,000 in the direct market. Teen Titans sells about that much too in direct sales but its consistently on the top of digital sales and trades.

By the way Young Justice only catches up to Teen Titans in the direct market because of variants adding to the sales numbers. Teen Titans does not get variants adding to their sales.

Mighty Member

Who are headlining Wonder Comics? YJ

Who are the face of Dc's Teenage imprints? YJ
    What do you want to say with this?
    I ABSOLUTELY believe that it would be better for Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart...to NOT!!! to be under the Label Wonder Comics.

I would prefer them to be under the main-label and be older than they are actually are.
    They are also out of the main storylines at the moment..

YJ generation has been pushed and is being pushed like crazy.

YJ team is in the main stories not only that they are in live TV and in the animated series while Damian's team is made up of newbies.

The only character out of Tim, Jon, Conner, Damian, Cassie and Bart who is in a good situation is Damian and that is down to the strength of his character.
    Completely wrong:

YJ is NOT in the main stories.
    In which main stories did YJ appear? Not in Doomsday Clock,not in Year of the Villain so far....

Who will the next SUPERMAN be? JONATHAN
    Who will be maybe become stronger than CLARK? JONATHAN
    Who is considered as the best archer in DC? EMIKO

Who are in the main stories? Damian,Jonathan,Wallace,TT
    Who get prominent guests? TT
    Who get their own HQ? TT

Damians Generation get pushed like crazy.
    Jonathan will become Superman and it was said that there were only 2 Superman, so Conner gets completely outclassed by Jonathan, despite being longer in the Comics.

Cassie got a COMPLETE ORIGIN and is NOT anymore Zeus daughter and has seemingly lost the Lasso of Lightning
    Conner got seemingly depowered...In Pre-Flashpoint he could battle against Superboy Prime and now he seems to be not as strong as he was used to be...

Tim,Conner,Bart,Cassie have also got new team-members who are newbies: TEEN LANTERN,Amethyst (ok she was in comics before, but she was also kind of rebooted), HEX,Sideways...

Sorry, but the truth is that Damian,Jonathan and TT get their push...

YJ ARENT in the main stories, they will get no HQ, they didnt have any prominent guest (besides Kingdom Come Superman,WW,GL)..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think they need to ditch the box that generations have become and instead do what other media does with generations. Mix and match and stack the books with characters from whatever gen.
    What they should do is simple:

Reign of Supermen and IC back in normal story.

THEN let Tim,Bart,Cassie and Conner age up take their new codenames, team up with Arrowette,Traci13,Miss Martian,Blue Beetle and get a new Team Name together with a HQ.

Many Jon fans vehemently disagree with this. Since taking over the Super line, Bendis has all but erased the Jon that fans loved. In his place, is a cheap knock off of Clark, but no personality or character. What's more, for as much as Bendis has used Damian, Bendis cannot write him at all. Be it his voice, personality, or even character history, Bendis has failed on all sides with him.

I give up. Sure why not if only DC had 'Pushed' YJ by say giving them a HQ then they would be golden.

That's what gets readers on board, That's what keeps readers interested and engaged. A push in the form of a HQ
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-30-2019 at 06:41 AM.

I agree with you OP, I wish they would do more to distinguish the 2 Brands, the way you suggested in your original post make sense to me.

BANNED

Honestly would get rid of sidekicks.

Astonishing Member

It might be for the best that YJ isn't involved in any current events. The younger characters who get involved in them are either derailed, turned evil or used as fodder to hype up whatever the flavor of the month big bad or to push the editorial's agenda.