Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 95
  1. #76
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    77 isnít that high, and again it dropped like a rock by issue#2. Which is also ordered before readers even gets their hands on #1. Bart, Cassie, and Connor were ĒreplacedĒ in the new 52 only after it was clear fans were rejecting what they were doing. Which to be fair the creators on them with the new #52 did a very bad job with them, so of course fans said no thanks. But that wasnít the intention, they didnít set out to make them different characters after the fact cause people responded so poorly to what they did with them.
    YJ on the other hand was a return to form. DC giving fans what they thought they wanted with that gen. Bringing them back in their most recognizable forms, putting them in the hands one one of their top guys, and making it the flagship book of a new line to signify itís extra special. And they made Tim ďDrakeĒ cause Red Robin was DOA. Nothing they did with it hit, no one was was biting elsewhere with it, and it literally just became an imitation Robin. There is no reason for Tim to go back to Red Robin.
    77,000 is high, if you consider that they came back after they werent in the comics for long time and they didnt appear in a Major Book like Superman or Action Comics at their Comeback.

    The drop could have several reasons.
    Like I said I like the YJ4 core characters, but I dont like the actual series.

    Most recognizable forms ISNT TRUE!!!

    -Cassie got a new outfit,new origin and lasso without powers and also her attitude is different.
    Cassie is like a complete NEW Version of herself.
    I am VERY disappointed by this

    -Conner has a new look, based on his first costume, his attitude is bit based on Kessel...
    I also would say that the Johns TT Version with black shirt is the more recognizable one, since he wears it also in the Anime.
    I dont like particulary his appearance and attitude.
    I would have prefered the more muscular Conner with more attitude.

    So Cassie is (for me) a COMPLETE NEW Version of herself and this Conner is also kind of new for me...

    -Red Robin worked well in Pre-Flashpoint (Outfit with the cowl)
    I like this outfit more than DRAKE outfit which I find horrible, because of the colors etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Now they are not gonna make them the new Titans, cause they donít like the Titans. They donít want to invest in a young adult generation between TT age and JL. They had that, and they purposely tanked it. Despite the Rebirth series doing better then they expected, even with its mediocre creator support and poor quality, and even though elsewhere the company was launching a Titans show.
    As far as I understood there will be a general aging up because of 5G, which would also mean that Tims Generation will become older and be the age class between TT and JL.

    I hope that they will change the direction of the current YJ Series soon.

    Like I said already I dont like the actual storyline, because I feel like its leading nowhere and it isnt a major storyline...


    The ANIME YOUNG JUSTICE works better, because it let the Teams grow up, become older and take over more mature missions.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    77,000 is high, if you consider that they came back after they werent in the comics for long time and they didnt appear in a Major Book like Superman or Action Comics at their Comeback.

    The drop could have several reasons.
    Like I said I like the YJ4 core characters, but I dont like the actual series.

    Most recognizable forms ISNT TRUE!!!

    -Cassie got a new outfit,new origin and lasso without powers and also her attitude is different.
    Cassie is like a complete NEW Version of herself.
    I am VERY disappointed by this

    -Conner has a new look, based on his first costume, his attitude is bit based on Kessel...
    I also would say that the Johns TT Version with black shirt is the more recognizable one, since he wears it also in the Anime.
    I dont like particulary his appearance and attitude.
    I would have prefered the more muscular Conner with more attitude.

    So Cassie is (for me) a COMPLETE NEW Version of herself and this Conner is also kind of new for me...

    -Red Robin worked well in Pre-Flashpoint (Outfit with the cowl)
    I like this outfit more than DRAKE outfit which I find horrible, because of the colors etc.



    As far as I understood there will be a general aging up because of 5G, which would also mean that Tims Generation will become older and be the age class between TT and JL.

    I hope that they will change the direction of the current YJ Series soon.

    Like I said already I dont like the actual storyline, because I feel like its leading nowhere and it isnt a major storyline...


    The ANIME YOUNG JUSTICE works better, because it let the Teams grow up, become older and take over more mature missions.


    This is just going round in circles.

    The fact that they were gone for so long should have resulted in a much higher number at launch.

    Your other argument that new readers aren't familiar with the old team implies that the majority of those who bought YJ#1 were new readers who started with the new 52 or Rebirth. If that's the case then that means the Yj OG's don't actually have an established loyal fan base if you are arguing that the bulk of readers aren't familiar with those characters.

    Either way you look at it or you try to argue it it still indicates that this Gen isn't as popular or their fans aren't as loyal as once thought.

    DC might be better investing resources elsewhere.

    Characters like Naomi, Kenan, Jackson Hyde have been extremely well received. perhaps DC should ditch this in between generation and just give those guys a shot.

    YJ doesn't have to have a comic they were only brought back because Bendis said he had an idea for Conner. For Conner not the Team and it's starting to show. He really doesn't have a story.

  3. #78
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    The characters aren't a problem. I love Bendis take on them. I missed Kon being Kon and we probably have Bart's best take since forever.

    Problems are the following stuff:

    1- They don't have a huge fanbase. Sure they are liked but if you notice it, most of the time they are liked by the fans of "legacy" in general. So people love Bart but also love Wally (or love the latter more). Tim is liked but his fans also like Nightwing etc. Besides a vocal minority, people won't clamor for Cassie Sandsmark content if she's not interacting with Wonder family.

    2- Lack of direction. That's on Bendis. People were happy because they wanted these people to interact with their respective families. Instead what happens? Bendis puts them on a neverending ride without giving the readers the answers THEY WANT. Bart comes back, so what? We wanted to see him interacting with others but Bendis almost literally kidnapped him. People feel cheated by the whole ordeal and many fans won't read anything unless things get resolved. This is all just filler.

    3- Maybe it's time to face this: people moved on. New 52 gave a clear cut to solid fans and many fans haven't returned to comics since then. I know some of my friends simply gave up on the comics and since a lot of years passed, they don't feel the same passion anymore. It happens.

    and last but not the least, the upcoming generation is solid. They are facing the NTT problem: where else to go? DC can barely give Nightwing and Wally a place to exist, what of Tim?

    Some of them should be retired permanently with a good send off.
    Last edited by Waterfall; 12-01-2019 at 05:49 AM.

  4. #79
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,106

    Default

    This is a problem Marvel has as well - where DC have the Titans, Teen Titans and Young Justice generations, Marvel had the New Warriors, Young Avengers, and Champions. And there's never been a time when either company could sustain all three teams. YJ started up again, and what happened? Bye bye Titans (though that was partly the bat office's fault for taking Dick away). The original YJ ran alongside a Titans series, and both were axed to make way for a new Teen Titans. Marvel meanwhile had YA and NW run at around the same time a few years ago. Neither lasted very long. And they were stubborn not bringing back YA while Champions was running, despite the fact the two teams have no members in common at all (the most recent New Warriors run did have a future Champion in the lineup though - Nova, a legacy character to a member of the original version of the New Warriors) and there was fan demand for it. And that's not even taking into account other teams like the Avengers Initiative and Avengers Academy, nor any of the X-Men affiliated teen teams.

    The fact is, both publishers have too many characters. Some are doomed to fall to the wayside. The sliding timescale is largely to blame of course - they can't grow up, and new more modern characters are introduced that are the same age.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  5. #80
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    TIMS group (20-25): Bart,Tim,Raven,Cassie,Conner....
    I doubt that Tim's Geeration will ever each that age, they would have to age up the rest of the DCU to much to do that.

  6. #81

    Default

    Honestly, a potential time skip for YJ is my only want for 5g. Other than that, I'm more "meh" to it.

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I doubt that Tim's Geeration will ever each that age, they would have to age up the rest of the DCU to much to do that.
    Yup tim
    Drake and his core 4 of white teens will just have to disappear

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member kurenai24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Essex, MD
    Posts
    2,166

    Default

    Where the hell are the mods, like this thread went and veered straight off topic into sales and all of that discussion could have taken place in the YJ thread considering nobody brought up sales in terms of whether or nor YJ would survive 5G but just to purposely go off topic.

    This whole thread except the first 2 or 3 pages need to be transferred.

    This is annoying, I go into certain threads for on topic discussion not off topic.

    ~~~~

    As to the actual question to this thread, idk where YJ stands, with this whole 5G thing, there's potentially a time-skip which will give writers the opportunity to not address the fallout of whatever so quickly and they can also make comics that take place in the time-skip as well.

    YJ showcases young heroes who are gonna be the next generation of heroes and I can see the book sticking around b/c of that ...especially in a future where a new generation has taken over these big mantles.

    I can see older YJ members teaching younger and newer recruits and kind of be like the show. I can see the book taking place in the allotted time-skip, and I can also see the book being cancelled (but I don't think it will be) but I do wonder if it'll change in tone or if YJ will become a different team then it's previously been portrayed in terms of style.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-15-2019 at 07:52 AM.

  9. #84
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    It’s not off topic. Sales and performance were brought up to consider whether they should go the way of the dodo if 5G happens. YJ is the perpetual next generation that never ascends or amounts to much, and more and more it’s becoming apparent they don’t seem as beloved as once thought.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-03-2019 at 01:01 AM.

  10. #85
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,106

    Default

    Yeah, the question is what will happen to YJ? Sales will factor into that decision, therefore it's not off topic to discuss that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  11. #86
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Where the hell are the mods, like this thread went and veered straight off topic into sales and all of that discussion could have taken place in the YJ thread considering nobody brought up sales in terms of whether or nor YJ would survive 5G but just to purposely go off topic.

    This whole thread except the first 2 or 3 pages need to be transferred.

    This is annoying, I go into certain threads for on topic discussion not off topic.

    ~~~~

    As to the actual question to this thread, idk where YJ stands, with this whole 5G thing, there's potentially a time-skip which will give writers the opportunity to not address the fallout of whatever so quickly and they can also make comics that take place in the time-skip as well.

    YJ showcases young heroes who are gonna be the next generation of heroes and I can see the book sticking around b/c of that ...especially in a future where a new generation has taken over these big mantles.

    I can see older YJ members teaching younger and newer recruits and kind of be like the show. I can see the book taking place in the allotted time-skip, and I can also see the book being cancelled (but I don't think it will be) but I do wonder if it'll change in tone or if YJ will become a different team then it's been previously been portrayed in terms of style.

    So the current Young Justice teaching Jon Kent's child and that generation of heroes? Well new characters are always fun and just what DC needs

    I wonder what their new ids will be. Tim is Drake what about Conner and co?
    personally I can take or leave the middle generation. Depending on what 5G is I'm cool if they are just shelved more Interested what happens to Dick's generation and the original heroes during 5G
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-03-2019 at 09:44 AM.

  12. #87
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    The characters aren't a problem. I love Bendis take on them. I missed Kon being Kon and we probably have Bart's best take since forever.

    Problems are the following stuff:

    1- They don't have a huge fanbase. Sure they are liked but if you notice it, most of the time they are liked by the fans of "legacy" in general. So people love Bart but also love Wally (or love the latter more). Tim is liked but his fans also like Nightwing etc. Besides a vocal minority, people won't clamor for Cassie Sandsmark content if she's not interacting with Wonder family.

    2- Lack of direction. That's on Bendis. People were happy because they wanted these people to interact with their respective families. Instead what happens? Bendis puts them on a neverending ride without giving the readers the answers THEY WANT. Bart comes back, so what? We wanted to see him interacting with others but Bendis almost literally kidnapped him. People feel cheated by the whole ordeal and many fans won't read anything unless things get resolved. This is all just filler.

    3- Maybe it's time to face this: people moved on. New 52 gave a clear cut to solid fans and many fans haven't returned to comics since then. I know some of my friends simply gave up on the comics and since a lot of years passed, they don't feel the same passion anymore. It happens.

    and last but not the least, the upcoming generation is solid. They are facing the NTT problem: where else to go? DC can barely give Nightwing and Wally a place to exist, what of Tim?

    Some of them should be retired permanently with a good send off.
    1. Its NOT true, I think the problem is more, that "Wonder Comics" has the focus on younger readers.
    Dont forget that they are around since the 90ies and dont forget that they already had plenty of stories with them as teenagers (YJ, their Solo-Series and TT).

    I STRICTLY believe that it would be better to move Tims Team to "Standard Label" and Damians Team to "Wonder Comics".
    I STRICTLY believe that the fans of Tims Generation are over 20.

    For CASSIE SANDSMARK: It depends EXTREMELY which Cassie do you mean.
    I have to say that I think that the EVIL Titans of Tomorrow Cassie would have MANY!!! Fans.
    She was cool with Ares as her mentor and was more like an Amazon than she before and she was together with Tim the leader of the Titans of Tomorrow.

    I STRICTLY believe that an AGED UP Cassie would sell many Issues if you make her more like an Amazon.

    Cassie could have the potential to become maybe even more popular than Diana IF you use her right.
    Use the Pre-Flashpoint Cassie with her Pre-Flashpoint Origin, her Pre-FLashpoint Lasso and let her age up and become more like an Amazon like her Titans of Tomorrow Counterpart and she would have plenty of success.

    The Titans of Tomorrow Cassie is REALLY one of the most interesting DC Characters.
    The evil one of Pre-Flashpoint with Ares as mentor and the good one of Rebirth.

    I often also imagine her in a black armour as successor to Ares as goddess of war.

    There are more points which I show here:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...w-of-the-YJ-Se

    (this is my PERSONAL Review of the series)

    in which I include more points like the compilation of the YJ Team etc.
    Last edited by Masterff; 12-04-2019 at 01:40 AM.

  13. #88
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I doubt that Tim's Geeration will ever each that age, they would have to age up the rest of the DCU to much to do that.
    NO!

    Actually the age of Tim,Conner,Cassie and Bart isnt really established, so you can either:

    a) Age them up and leave the rest of DC Universe at their age
    b) Age them up and say that they were already 18, so its only a small aging up

    Aging up is what TIMS Generation really needs, together with a kind of new cool image and a REDUCTION of the team to the 4 CORE members along with 2-3 INTERESTING, POWERFUL members.


    Conner, Cassie, Bart, Tim, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, Traci 13 (all at 20-22) would be a nice team.
    Powerful, small and every team member has enough spotlight to shine.

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,051

    Default

    You could maybe age them up to 18 (20 at the most) put once you push into the mid 20s they become super close in age to the original Titans.


    Btw. is Miss Martian even a part of the YJ generation, in her last appearance post rebirth she seemed closer in age to the original Titans.

  15. #90
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You could maybe age them up to 18 (20 at the most) put once you push into the mid 20s they become super close in age to the original Titans.
    As long as the NTT generation ages too it won't be a problem. Before the 2011 reboot most of the YJ gen seemed to be between 18-20, and the NTT seemed to have reached their late 20's. So if the YJ gets aged up again, it's not going to be new territory. As long as there's about a decade (give or take) difference between Tim and Dick's generations it'll be fine.

    The only problem there is the JL generation, because Didio doesn't seem to believe those guys can be very old and still appeal to an aging fanbase.

    Btw. is Miss Martian even a part of the YJ generation, in her last appearance post rebirth she seemed closer in age to the original Titans.
    Eh, she's a martian so you can really bend the age issue wherever you want it. I think she was supposed to be on the younger side of Dick's age bracket, but you could easily shed a few years and put her back in Tim's generation with nary a problem.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •