Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As long as the NTT generation ages too it won't be a problem. Before the 2011 reboot most of the YJ gen seemed to be between 18-20, and the NTT seemed to have reached their late 20's. So if the YJ gets aged up again, it's not going to be new territory. As long as there's about a decade (give or take) difference between Tim and Dick's generations it'll be fine.

The only problem there is the JL generation, because Didio doesn't seem to believe those guys can be very old and still appeal to an aging fanbase.
    Tim was only 17 when the reboot came.

And I neither see DC aging the Titans up into their 30s nor ageing the JL into their 40s, arround Flashpoint they had imo almost reached the limit for the character ages.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    YJ has a a weak roster and poor story. Kind of speaks volumes that a team of nobodies (minus Damian) is beating the YJ4 in sales.
    I WOULDNT say weak roster....
    The Problem is YJ has a way to big Roster which came to SOON!!!!!!!

I mean everyone was waiting for CONNER,CASSIE,BART and TIM and now they add and add and add and add persons to the roster.
    BUT now they are almost sidelined.

This is one of the MAIN-PROBLEMS of YJ, together with the storyline, age, characterization of the characters..

I mean I was waiting for CONNER,CASSIE,BART and TIM and they put Amethyst,Teen Lantern and Hex already at the START!!!!!!!! of YJ in the roster.

Cassie,Conner,Bart and Tim should have stayed ALONE!!
    I mean I waited for THEM!! and wanted to see THEM interact and hear their STORIES and NOT Lantern,Hex,Amethyst..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You could maybe age them up to 18 (20 at the most) put once you push into the mid 20s they become super close in age to the original Titans.
    Btw. is Miss Martian even a part of the YJ generation, in her last appearance post rebirth she seemed closer in age to the original Titans.
    Sure?
    I was always the opinion that Titans are 25-30 and JL around 35-40?

It doesnt really matter, because I think that it makes no difference for the Titans, because if they are 25 or 32 no one would see a difference (based on the look).

For Tim,Conner and Cassie this is a step which has to be done...They just work now better if they are older than 20...
    Conner can finally make the step to become the NIGHTWING of the Super-Family...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I WOULDNT say weak roster....
    The Problem is YJ has a way to big Roster which came to SOON!!!!!!!

I mean everyone was waiting for CONNER,CASSIE,BART and TIM and now they add and add and add and add persons to the roster.
    BUT now they are almost sidelined.

This is one of the MAIN-PROBLEMS of YJ, together with the storyline, age, characterization of the characters..

I mean I was waiting for CONNER,CASSIE,BART and TIM and they put Amethyst,Teen Lantern and Hex already at the START!!!!!!!! of YJ in the roster.

Cassie,Conner,Bart and Tim should have stayed ALONE!!
    I mean I waited for THEM!! and wanted to see THEM interact and hear their STORIES and NOT Lantern,Hex,Amethyst..
    You are contradicting your earlier points.
    So now you do admit that the fans were looking forward to the original coming back?

I thought you said that reason the book didn't and still isn't selling well is due to fans not knowing these OG versions only knowing the trash ones?

Make up your mind dude?

I actually do agree that the team has too many characters and they just added more.

It's looking more like not everyone is going to be accounted for during 5G. Conner is already the Nightwing of the Superfamily since he doesn't work with Superman.

He could become the new Flamebird since Nightwing already is around.

Tim has retired

Bart I don't much care about so I could do without them.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-15-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    You are contradicting your earlier points.
    So now you do admit that the fans were looking forward to the original coming back?

I thought you said that reason the book didn't and still isn't selling well is due to fans not knowing these OG versions only knowing the trash ones?

Make up your mind dude?

I actually do agree that the team has too many characters and they just added more
    No...

YOU are mixing things up:

I said that YJ sold "only" 77,000 because the "new" fans who became fans during NEW52 and Rebirth dont know the original ones.
    This was one of the reasons, why it sold "only" 77,000 at beginning.

BUT the ones who bought it, like me, who were waiting for the Series and grow up with Pre-Flashpoint, waited for the original ones to come back and I think that this is one of the reasons that it sells less and less.