Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Kelly Thompson Deadpool 1, any thoughts

I got it and read it, some funny parts, interesting premise, theres no denying that Chris Bachalo is a great artist, its just his art is a headache to look into with the weird details. I love Kelly's writing but I dont see any thread for it, just wondering if anyone brought it or whats there thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I got it and read it, some funny parts, interesting premise, theres no denying that Chris Bachalo is a great artist, its just his art is a headache to look into with the weird details. I love Kelly's writing but I dont see any thread for it, just wondering if anyone brought it or whats there thoughts on it.
    Deadpool stuff is with Marvel section I think.
    He is the rock that their island nation is built upon. The people of Krakoa know him and what he has done for them over the years, and they look up to him. He might not be RULING Krakoa, but he is definitely leading it.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Deadpool stuff is with Marvel section I think.
    His appreciation thread is here, and he's considered an X-character due to his roots being in the X-verse before he started getting solos.

Deadpool might not be a mutant but he's still considered part of the X-Men brand. Not only did he debut there, but his association has lasted with them, such as being on the X-Force, having ties to Weapon X, and most of his supporting cast and villains being primarily part of the X-Universe (with some exceptions like Taskmaster). There's a reason Fox had his film rights, and it wasn't just because he made his debut in New Mutants #98.

I saw it getting mixed to bad reviews. Are we finally admitting Telly isn’t that great?

Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar

Deadpool was kicked out of the X-Office in 2012.

KT is ok. I have not read this Dead of Pool, but it has monster characters so maybe I will like it when I read it in 2062. This "Pooldead" is not an X-Character, but it doesn't really matter what forum he exists on because nobody wants to talk about him anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

Gonna be real with you, chief, I completely forgot this book was greenlit. Guess I'll look into it now.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

Pass. Bachelo puts out absolutely gorgeous stand-alone panels, but his visual storytelling has gotten dang near incomprehensible over the years.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-24-2019 at 06:12 PM.

I liked the story just fine. Plenty of great jokes and dialogue. Deadpool isn't usually my bag for more than small doses in comics so I don't have a wide basis for comparison to his former titles, though I love the movies. I was really challenged by the art in some panels though, trying to decipher what was what. Bachelo is iconic, but not always my favorite style.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

There are other X-Books besides Hick-Men?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I enjoyed this despite storytelling issues from Bachalo and an unimpressive grasp on Elsa Bloostone by Kelly. She sure tries, but her Elsa is a pale imitation of the take by Warren Ellis.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I legitamtely forgot for a good second Deadpool was a mutant till I saw thread lmao

He's an X-character, but not a mutant. The former editor of his comics, JDW has stated DP is not a mutant because he lacks an X-Gene.

He's a mutate. His daughter is a mutant.

My mind is empty of all thoughts.