Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Aphra is an improvement upon Indiana Jones
    While there is some truth to this, in terms of her archeological background, in terms of archetype she's much closer to Han. Without the heart of gold, as it were.

Which shouldn't be the least bit surprising, considering how she was introduced. In Darth Vader (vol 1), Vader puts together a crew that is intentionally designed to mirror Luke's. Vader as the Skywalker, Aphra as dark Han, TripZero as dark 3P0, BT as dark R2, Black Krssantan (or however you spell that, I never get it right) as dark Chewie. There's no direct analogue for Leia, but in terms of being a link to the larger organization they represent and occasional motivation, the Emperor serves more or less the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    All of them would be great, but the most pressing Question is: Who could voice his little Buddy^^?
    The sound effects?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    While there is some truth to this, in terms of her archeological background, in terms of archetype she's much closer to Han. Without the heart of gold, as it were.

Which shouldn't be the least bit surprising, considering how she was introduced. In Darth Vader (vol 1), Vader puts together a crew that is intentionally designed to mirror Luke's. Vader as the Skywalker, Aphra as dark Han, TripZero as dark 3P0, BT as dark R2, Black Krssantan (or however you spell that, I never get it right) as dark Chewie. There's no direct analogue for Leia, but in terms of being a link to the larger organization they represent and occasional motivation, the Emperor serves more or less the same purpose.
    Yeah, I would agree that she's more an inversion of Han (a bad person who sometimes does good things), but the Indy parallels have been pretty strong, too (estranged father, Easter eggs, like "it belongs in a..." line and the boulder).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Yeah, I would agree that she's more an inversion of Han (a bad person who sometimes does good things), but the Indy parallels have been pretty strong, too (estranged father, Easter eggs, like "it belongs in a..." line and the boulder).
    Oh, absolutely. I think it's perfectly natural to dip into that well, in terms of being referential. There's exactly a zero percent chance that Kieran Gillen didn't have that specifically in mind when he made his dark Han analog an archeologist. He loves being meta. Of course his dark Han analog would reference Harrison Ford's other iconic role. To be perfectly frank, having read as much of his work as I have, I'm honestly a little shocked she doesn't have the hat too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Oh, absolutely. I think it's perfectly natural to dip into that well, in terms of being referential. There's exactly a zero percent chance that Kieran Gillen didn't have that specifically in mind when he made his dark Han analog an archeologist. He loves being meta. Of course his dark Han analog would reference Harrison Ford's other iconic role. To be perfectly frank, having read as much of his work as I have, I'm honestly a little shocked she doesn't have the hat too.
    Well, she does have the old aviators' hat with goggles. Not a fedora, but it does echo the old pulp adventures that Indiana Jones was an update of.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'd check it out.

I do like Aphra's character, however, I'll only be 100% sure to give it a watch if it is set during the Imperial Period. Everything we are getting now in terms of live-action, movies, and animated series is set in the Post-Imperial Period. We need a live-action Imperial Period show.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-09-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Dr Aphra is the best original character from the canon Marvel comics series imo, hands down. Hers was (cant believe it's over!) the best SW series, although Keiran Gillon's Darth Vader is close....hard to chose!

I also <3 Chloe Bennet - perfect casting - I would be shaking with giddy nerd chills if they ever confirmed this rumor!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Dr Aphra is the best original character from the canon Marvel comics series imo, hands down. Hers was (cant believe it's over!) the best SW series, although Keiran Gillon's Darth Vader is close....hard to chose!

I also <3 Chloe Bennet - perfect casting - I would be shaking with giddy nerd chills if they ever confirmed this rumor!!
    Not to worry her comic will get a new series in March.

And yes Chloe Bennet would be great in this role. Hope they go through with it^^