Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RUMOUR: Doctor Aphra to get Disney+ show

There's a rumour that Doctor Aphra, a character created for the Marvel Star Wars comics, will be getting a show on Disney+.
    http://starwarsunity.net/2019/11/23/...g-a-tv-series/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's a rumour that Doctor Aphra, a character created for the Marvel Star Wars comics, will be getting a show on Disney+.
    http://starwarsunity.net/2019/11/23/...g-a-tv-series/
    Huh. Not sure how I feel about this, right here. On the one hand, I adore the character. She's just plain fun. Her solo series has been the most consistent SW title coming out of Marvel for a pretty long while. And it would be awesone to see her in live action. Though casting would matter, quite a bit.

But on the other hand, when do you set it? Pre- ANH seems easiest, but then you lose out on Triple Zero and BeeTee. But post-ANH you tie both the comic and the series into either reflecting each other directly or being beholden to what the other does in terms of events. Post-ROTJ?

I honestly think she might be more fun as a side character. Or they could bring back Donald Glover and give me the Lando and Aphra story I've been begging for since Solo.

Yes Please! So very much YES!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Huh. Not sure how I feel about this, right here. On the one hand, I adore the character. She's just plain fun. Her solo series has been the most consistent SW title coming out of Marvel for a pretty long while. And it would be awesone to see her in live action. Though casting would matter, quite a bit.

But on the other hand, when do you set it? Pre- ANH seems easiest, but then you lose out on Triple Zero and BeeTee. But post-ANH you tie both the comic and the series into either reflecting each other directly or being beholden to what the other does in terms of events. Post-ROTJ?

I honestly think she might be more fun as a side character. Or they could bring back Donald Glover and give me the Lando and Aphra story I've been begging for since Solo.
    Chloe Bennett from SHIELD seems a popular choice in fan-casting.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Chloe Bennett from SHIELD seems a popular choice in fan-casting.
    Really? That would be awful. Can we get somebody who can actually act?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

My choices for fan casting would be either Lana Condor from Deadly Class or Awkwafina.

Ultimate Member

I'd love this, female lesbian space Indiana Jones, could be so much fun.