Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Would be great and Chloe Bennett sounds great for the role. But certain droids must be in it. 000 in real would be fun^^

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Yeah it would, but that isn't on the table. The thing about Aphra is that it's impossible to describe the character without mentioning other better characters she is based off of, and that is never a good thing.
    Just described her but okay dude. Enjoy the haterade. She doesn't even need the droids to be cool.

The rest of us will be jazzed about Doctor Aphra.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I still have yet to read a story featuring her, although I've obviously heard of her. I haven't read a SW comic or novel in quite some time, but I'd be willing to give it a shot and learn on the go.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still have yet to read a story featuring her, although I've obviously heard of her. I haven't read a SW comic or novel in quite some time, but I'd be willing to give it a shot and learn on the go.
    She was really fun in the Darth Vader series but her own solo series is really good. You don't need to read the Vader stuff to get the Aphra solo story BUT it does shed light on some references.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Just described her but okay dude.
    Okay, dude let's see how you described her...

Evil space Indiana Jones would make an awesome movie, mini-series, or show
    Kinda' proves my point.

Enjoy the haterade. She doesn't even need the droids to be cool.
    You kind of proved my point so it's not really haterade.

The rest of us will be jazzed about Doctor Aphra.
    I'm sure all eight of you will enjoy it. Did you see what I just did there? That is an example of "haterade". Now you know
    Last edited by Anthony W; 11-26-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I'm not sure about Indiana Jones, more like Nathan Drake from Uncharted, kind of a thief with a heart of gold but also a lot of archaeological knowledge. I don't Indy was ever technically a criminal.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm not sure about Indiana Jones, more like Nathan Drake from Uncharted, kind of a thief with a heart of gold but also a lot of archaeological knowledge. I don't Indy was ever technically a criminal.
    Probably a more apt and recent analog for Doctor Aphra.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Yeah it would, but that isn't on the table. The thing about Aphra is that it's impossible to describe the character without mentioning other better characters she is based off of, and that is never a good thing.
    Are you kidding me? "Morally inverted Indiana Jones" may be a shorthand (and inspired more then one element of the character's stories), but you can do a pretty dang good job summing her up without comparisons. Heck, some of Aphra's own lines from the comics do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Would be great and Chloe Bennett sounds great for the role. But certain droids must be in it. 000 in real would be fun^^
    So, with Bennett for Aphra, who for Triple Zero? Anthony Daniels (voiceover or otherwise). Alan Tudyk?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Full reading order to date in trades is as follows. A lot of these comics are collected in the oversized hardcovers and omnibuses for their respective series, but I'm sticking to the trade paperbacks to keep things simple. (Following some of the Darth Vader stuff might be easier if you also read the first two Star Wars trade paperbacks that take place alongside them, but it's not essential, so I'm not listing them.

1. From a Certain Point of View anthology (short story collect set during ANH gives Aphra her own story, "The Trigger")

2. Darth Vader Vol. 1: Vader

3. Darth Vader Vol. 2: Shadows and Secrets

4. Vader Down (Star Wars/Darth Vader crossover miniseries

5. Star Wars Vol. 3: Rebel Jail (Aphra breifly switched series)

6. Darth Vader Vol. 3: The Shu-Torun War (Aprha isn't present, since she's doing Rebel Jail at this time, but it is important to understanding the story when she returns in the next story)

7. Darth Vader Vol. 4: End of Games

8. Doctor Aphra Vol. 1: Aphra

9. The Screaming Citadel (Doctor Aphra/Star Wars crossover miniseries)

10. Doctor Aphra Vol. 2: And the Enormous Profit

11. Doctor Aphra Vol. 3: Remastered

12. Doctor Aphra Vol. 4: The Catastrophe Con

13. Doctor Aphra Vol. 5: Worst Among Equals

14. Doctor Aprha Vol. 6: Unspeakable Rebel Superweapon

16. A seventh trade collecting the last issues of the series is set for release next year (possibly called "Rogue's End"). A one-shot called Star Wars: Empire Ascendant will cap up Aprha's story when it releases next month. The series is set to relaunch next year, although details remain unknown.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So, with Bennett for Aphra, who for Triple Zero? Anthony Daniels (voiceover or otherwise). Alan Tudyk?

David Tennant or I riot.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    David Tennant or I riot.
    Could see that; he did play the Fugitoid in TMNT 2012 (although I think it was more because of his Doctor Who resume then anything else).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

So, with Bennett for Aphra, who for Triple Zero? Anthony Daniels (voiceover or otherwise). Alan Tudyk?.
    Wouldn't have any chance of actually happening – but Zak Koonce of Auralnauts, voice of Creepio, the likely inspiration for Triple Zero

BANNED

All of them would be great, but the most pressing Question is: Who could voice his little Buddy^^?

And I can say just by Looking at the Sales and that Disney is perhaps making a series About her, that a lot more than 8 People like her.

Morally very shady engineer/archaeologist. Definition without the dreaded examples.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 11-27-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    female lesbian space Indiana Jones
    That's Disney alright, no question.

Aphra is an improvement upon Indiana Jones

Ultimate Member

A lot of SW characters/plots are pretty archetypal, by design. But they still work because they have fun spins put on them

Aphra is like that to.