Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Compared to Bruce, Dick only has an advantage at acrobatics, long-term relationships, and maybe leadership. In a straight fight, Batman is smarter, stronger, faster, tougher, and has a reach advantage.

Random thought: Has Dick ever had a real job, or has he been getting an allowance from Bruce all these years?
    He's been a police officer a few times, and one time managed the circus he used to work for. Apparently he also has his own money from circus times in a trust or something.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Compared to Bruce, Dick only has an advantage at acrobatics, long-term relationships, and maybe leadership. In a straight fight, Batman is smarter, stronger, faster, tougher, and has a reach advantage.
    Not to be all picky...okay, to be picky, 'reach advantage' never really seems to mean anything in comic book fights. Just saying.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not to be all picky...okay, to be picky, 'reach advantage' never really seems to mean anything in comic book fights. Just saying.
    Yeah it is up there with weight. It just isn't a thing in the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Generally, that's true, except in certain extreme circumstances:

I admit that a comic book fight between Nightwing and Batman will never take reach into account.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Well-played, sir.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I admit that a comic book fight between Nightwing and Batman will never take reach into account.
    Sure it can, they can both shoot grappling hooks at each other.

Thanks for the responses guys. There is one thing that's still kinda bothering me though, people say that Batman is stronger than Nightwing, but from what I've read Dick doesn't come across as lacking in the strength department:

http://i.imgur.com/4iSPAIy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Fy8NnIn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DzJfTsd.jpg

https://s932.photobucket.com/user/th...eapon.jpg.html (Yea photobucket sucks but its the only place I could find this scan)

I'm not sure how this stacks up to the best Bruce has to offer, so I would appreciate if someone could help me out and tell me where folks are pulling from when they say that Dick loses out in terms of physical strength.

Bruce has punched himself out of a buried casket before. Kicked a tree over. Lifted a 1000+ lbs totem pole off his back. Cracked bullet proof glass with his fists.

Probably a bunch of other stuff im forgetting. Strength isnt the biggest issue when it comes to his chances however, imo.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    So basically a mind controlled Flash operating below capacity shows Bruce can move in bullet time? How much slower was he going according to you?
    It's a complete nonsense feat. I'm guessing it's from the same comic that brought us this gem:
    Cat_Flash_Fever.jpg

Which is also apparently Poison Ivy using mind control to puppeteer Flashes. The explanation I was given was effectively "Ivy could basically puppeteer them enough to make them run in a straight line, but couldn't herself react fast enough to make them dodge."

Which still can't explain how Bats & Cats and their peak-human-at-best reflexes are accurately punching out dudes who can treat rail gun rounds in flight like convenient hat stands while they go for a coffee.

So yeah, it's the same sort of batwank we've thrown out before as being inconsistent with his presentation as a 'mere human'.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    It's a complete nonsense feat. I'm guessing it's from the same comic that brought us this gem:
    Cat_Flash_Fever.jpg

Which is also apparently Poison Ivy using mind control to puppeteer Flashes. The explanation I was given was effectively "Ivy could basically puppeteer them enough to make them run in a straight line, but couldn't herself react fast enough to make them dodge."

Which still can't explain how Bats & Cats and their peak-human-at-best reflexes are accurately punching out dudes who can treat rail gun rounds in flight like convenient hat stands while they go for a coffee.

So yeah, it's the same sort of batwank we've thrown out before as being inconsistent with his presentation as a 'mere human'.
    Written by Tom King, same man who wrote "Heroes in Crisis", where Harley Quinn manages to outsmart and escape Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman. At the same time.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

A Flash coming in at high speeds and Batman hitting them anyway would mean Batman is somewhere between lightspeed and ftl.

Unless this was a really, really, really degraded version of the Flash, I guess.
    He also grabbed Impulse by the hair and held him aloft when Impulse was running around at super speed panicking.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    He also grabbed Impulse by the hair and held him aloft when Impulse was running around at super speed panicking.
    Do you feel Batman has faster than light reaction time then?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Do you feel Batman has faster than light reaction time then?
    Nah, I'm just pointing out this happens a lot with him...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!