Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Baby Superman lifting the truck over his head in the first movie.

Superman creating multiple duplicates of himself to fool Zod in the Fortress. Always thought he should have that power.

When he first discovers flight in MOS. Probably one of the few good scenes in the whole movie and one of the few in which he's smiling. I just kept hearing U2s Where the Streets Have No Name when he was flying over Africa.

Most of the Family Album segments, obvs.

Smallville had a lot of good ones. The first time he got shot. Leaving welts on his body. You don't think about that kind of thing much. How does one discover that they are bulletproof? By accident. When he got a cold and blew the barn door off with a sneeze. The scene in the pilot episode where he stacks the bullies trucks on top of each other. That's totally something a teenager with super powers would do. Anytime he would run. They just made it look cool.

In Superman 3 when he saves the kid from getting run over by the thresher. And blows the bowling ball into the pins destroying them.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 12-01-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Baby Superman lifting the truck over his head in the first movie.

Superman creating multiple duplicates of himself to fool Zod in the Fortress. Always thought he should have that power.
    My understanding of that is that the room they were in was a recreation of the Kryptonian equivalent of a dodgeball arena. IE the holographic doubles were created by the room.

Mighty Member

I'm going to second "The Late Mr. Kent"

If we are also including Superman's limited animated arsenal I'm going to throw in a moment from DCAU Superman's Double Dose, where after Parasite saps Superman and Livewire of their powers, Superman tricks Parasite to lighting a broom on fire. Superman then gives a smirk as he raises the ignited broom to the building's sprinkler system. While feats of strength and durability are great, I do like these moments of out thinking his foes.

Also in animation, I found a small self aware moment from Batman the Brave and the Bold to be kind of hilarious. After Superman disables one of Luthor's mech suits, Lex exclaims "You ruin everything! But I could still ruin you." to which Superman replies "Here it comes" in an uninterested tone. Would you guess? Lex then throws a chunk of Kryptonite at Superman, which he blocks with a manhole cover, sending it into the sewer. With the way Kryptonite seems to often be used as a solution to Superman, the fact that he's so used to foes like Luthor predictably using it gets a chuckle out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm going to second "The Late Mr. Kent"

If we are also including Superman's limited animated arsenal I'm going to throw in a moment from DCAU Superman's Double Dose, where after Parasite saps Superman and Livewire of their powers, Superman tricks Parasite to lighting a broom on fire. Superman then gives a smirk as he raises the ignited broom to the building's sprinkler system. While feats of strength and durability are great, I do like these moments of out thinking his foes.

Also in animation, I found a small self aware moment from Batman the Brave and the Bold to be kind of hilarious. After Superman disables one of Luthor's mech suits, Lex exclaims "You ruin everything! But I could still ruin you." to which Superman replies "Here it comes" in an uninterested tone. Would you guess? Lex then throws a chunk of Kryptonite at Superman, which he blocks with a manhole cover, sending it into the sewer. With the way Kryptonite seems to often be used as a solution to Superman, the fact that he's so used to foes like Luthor predictably using it gets a chuckle out of me.
    In S:TAS he actually DOES have a lead suit. It' presumably less durable than his usual suit since it gets destroyed often.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    My understanding of that is that the room they were in was a recreation of the Kryptonian equivalent of a dodgeball arena. IE the holographic doubles were created by the room.
    Somehow I don't think Richard Lester thought about the "how" of that scene too deeply.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm sure audiences thought it made no sense but it's pretty amusing to think that Superman's powers, even that late, hadn't been set in stone. I kinda love that Superman got to do those weird, inexplicable things like even the cellophane shield or correctovision because in the comics it seemed like an accidental signature of Siegel.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Retired

There are all kinds of other powers Superman could have based on the powers he does have. If he has supervision, a super-brain and super-speed, he should be able to construct multiple holograms.

This is something I'd like to see in the comics: He should be at the Fortress of Solitude experimenting with his powers and trying out new ways to use them. Too often, we see him use one power at a time. But if he uses them in combination then there should be all new things he can do with those powers.

This is kind of how some of his traditional powers came about over time. At first he could stare at a surface really hard and see through it. Then that was explained as X-ray vision. Then he used X-rays to heat things up. Then that became heat vision. Then we had all kinds of other vision powers--telescopic vision, microscopic vision, infra-red vision. If he can emit wavelengths of electro-magnetism then he should have microwave vision. If he can emit microwaves then he should have radio wave vision. If he has those then he should have telecommunication abilities.

It kind of made sense that the Phantom Zoners and later Superman in Superman IV had telekinetic powers, when you consider their ability to fly as well as the physics of lifting massive objects. At about the same time Superman was putting the Great Wall of China back together with his eyes in Superman IV, Superman in the comics was coming to the realization that he wasn't just physically lifting ships and landmasses over his head but "flying" them.

BANNED

The time Zod said ''Kneel before me son of Jor-El'' in Christopher Reeve films.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Zod destroyed a helicopter with his finger in the second film so they kind of imply that they have all kinds of powers that don't get used that often. Though how they knew about them two seconds on Earth is beyond me. In the GA Superman used to be able to reshape his face. Don't know why they dropped that one.
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    The time Zod said ''Kneel before me son of Jor-El'' in Christopher Reeve films.
    "You will bow down before me, Jor-El! I swear it! No matter that it takes an eternity! You will bow down before me! Both you, and then, one day, your ASS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    Somehow I don't think Richard Lester thought about the "how" of that scene too deeply.
    BUT, Superman makes a joke about it being a "game"... soo... who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm sure audiences thought it made no sense but it's pretty amusing to think that Superman's powers, even that late, hadn't been set in stone. I kinda love that Superman got to do those weird, inexplicable things like even the cellophane shield or correctovision because in the comics it seemed like an accidental signature of Siegel.
    I always thought the cellophane shield was a weapon based on Kryptonian tech. I always figured he went to the fortress to pick up weapons and stuff.

Crisis gave me a lot of new favorites between E-96, E-38 and E-167.
    -the Smallville epilogue scene, E-38 sending Jonathan away from Argo, the fight betweet E-38 and E-96 and the scene where he explains adding black to his costume, were all just gold. Also liked seeing Black Lightning’s reaction to finding out Superman is real.

If I had to pick one, I think it's Cavill's first flight, with the anti-gravity effects and one prior failed attempt. Modern MCU made flying seem so mundane, but seeing the little pebbles start to hover around Superman was a great touch, and then a sonic boom. Bonus points for being the one true moment in the movie during which Superman enjoyed being Superman.

I'm an MoS fan so of course I'm biased as heck, but I think you could show that scene to any superhero moviegoer and most people would agree it was done well. Any scene can be improved upon, but those few moments did very little wrong.

EDIT: Oh, we're including the small screen, too? Well, I guess I'll dig deeper and think of some TV moments, too.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 12-11-2019 at 03:18 PM.