Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
The OT got a lot of flack from the pros for the humor in them because guys like Ebert thought it took them out of the tone of the film. Is it serious or camp? The OT films were hilarious for the time!

Late 70s early 80s humor (gimmicked) is very different than mid-late 90s humor (gross-out humor) and current modern (situational quips) humor.

To each their own I guess.

And it's not like crank calls are outside the norm in SW (every trilogy had one) since I see that is brought up a lot.

Last but not least ... "They fly now" is actually said 4 times. Chewbacca said it as well.
"they fly now" is directly out of the lethal weapon guide to action comedy writing. fast paced lines pitching up to underline a dire situation. so i am ok with the line itself.
but they should not be surprised... which shows the poor handling on the world building.

j9ac9k mentioned over at the mando-thread, that he was happy with the visor/helmet having some functionality.
contrast that with the stormtrooper talking into his communicator. yes, i am well aware that luke and han and c3po used stormtrooper comms in ep4.
but it makes no sense. they should have helmet mics. they could have silently upgraded it